By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW & SW Up! 19th January

think-man said:
Im just waiting for japan to stop selling 360's, its gotta be on its way out surely.

They may as well not be sold in Japan lol

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
DanneSandin said:
bananaking21 said:
DanneSandin said:
bananaking21 said:
DanneSandin said:
bananaking21 said:
DanneSandin said:
Marucha said:
DanneSandin said:

Yeah, I've never understood the whole concept of bashing another team, or whatever it might be. I just don't get it.

And I never read the comments on IGN for a reason ^^ What's wrong with people??? Why all the hate?

DanneSandin i thought we agreed on this, your only allowed to like one console and you must hate every other console ever made! 

Oh, yeah damn! Well, right now I'm loving my PC and Darksiders so,,, erhm... fuck all consoles!....???

no your not allowed to like PC, you must love a console or your a ghrapics whoring non hardcore gamer. 

Whaaaaat?! But, but most of my PC games don't have pretty graphics D=

doesnt matter, pc community doest count! chose a console to blindely love, priase every game it gets and bash everything else! or yout not a real vgchartz member

Well ok then; then I have to choose the greatest, and most important console of all time: the NES!! It had superior 3rd party support (like, 90% of all 3rd party games was released on it) and established some of the most important and well known franchises the gaming community ever did see.

All hail the all mighty NES! The rest of the lot is simply trying to copy the success and innovative thinking the NES had for its day. Fuck you PS360U!!!

fuck that!! N64 all the way baby banjoo kazooi, starfox,mario64, mario kart 64 what can even hold a candle to that?! haha and i hope the mods know were being extremely sarcastic with our posts, reading them we can easily get banned

Hey, if it's bannable for loving a certain console, more than half the members here would get permabanned waaay before you and I caught their eye ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Too bad most systems are very disappointing these days. Especially Vita and WiiU. I'll still forgive WiiU for now since it's just two months old, but the situation must improve soon, otherwise it'll stay this low like Vita did. 3DS is the only ray of light in this mess and PS3 is decent in light of the performance of the rest.

I do have the feeling WiiU's early performance is foreboding for the launches of the other consoles.

gigantor21 said:

Yakuzaice said:

The Wii was doing more than 10x the WiiU/Vita (even Twilight Princess alone beats them).

Wii U Total Software, week ending 1/19/03: 76,346

Twilight Princess on the Wii, week ending 1/20/07: 84,287

Holy shit.

Zelda is actually a pretty good system seller. It won't get anywhere near the lifetime sales of the big Mario games, but it being quite front-loaded helps sell systems more than 2D Mario ever will. 2D Mario is a game that people (loads of people) buy whenever they 'feel like it'.

Though I wouldn't have guessed Twilight Princess beating the entire software sales for WiiU...

bananaking21 said:

fuck that!! N64 all the way baby banjoo kazooi, starfox,mario64, mario kart 64 what can even hold a candle to that?! haha and i hope the mods know were being extremely sarcastic with our posts, reading them we can easily get banned

Seconded. N64 is unbeatable .

I'm starting to think this is the beginning of the end for the video game industry. This past gen may in fact be its highest point and... all downhill from here.

^_^

Chandler said:

Stop quoting him guys.

It's pretty clear that the Wii U needs more than a kick-ass Direct show. We can't play promisses, as good as they might look. I think Nintendo needs to start a promotion right about yesterday or the U will hit rock bottom in about 2 weeks. How about getting a Wii U for free with every 3DS purchase? That should do the trick LOL

Best idéa ever! :D
But seriously.. this is kind of like the vita when it launched.. pretty much exactly how it was.

It came out, had some good games on there but aside from those select few, nothing. I hope it does pick up (both) but the vita has got more games now, heard some are good too. Hope they arn't on the same path.
(if the vita dosn't pick up bigtime... then they should ;) )

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
gigantor21 said:

Yakuzaice said:

The Wii was doing more than 10x the WiiU/Vita (even Twilight Princess alone beats them).

Wii U Total Software, week ending 1/19/03: 76,346

Twilight Princess on the Wii, week ending 1/20/07: 84,287

Holy shit.

Zelda is actually a pretty good system seller. It won't get anywhere near the lifetime sales of the big Mario games, but it being quite front-loaded helps sell systems more than 2D Mario ever will. 2D Mario is a game that people (loads of people) buy whenever they 'feel like it'.

Though I wouldn't have guessed Twilight Princess beating the entire software sales for WiiU...

Seriously. I never would've imagined that the Wii U would only have around 75k in software sales globally. Even with the PS3's slow start on the software end, they were only below 100k in the first week when it was just out in Japan. It stayed above 100k in software every week after that through its first March, even though it wasn't out in Europe until the spring.

I can't imagine what possessed Nintendo to expect a 4:1 attach rate with so many ports on the docket, though. Wii owners who wanted those kinds of games have been able to get a PS3/360 for years. Those who only got it for Wii Fit or something wouldn't want stuff like COD or Arkham City on ANY console. They'll be lucky to hit half their 24 million software unit projection now.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

think-man said:
Im just waiting for japan to stop selling 360's, its gotta be on its way out surely.

According to my friend who visited Tokyo, their is still a decent sized section for 360 and 360 games. I imagine the size is about the same as vita atm. (since its got a larger library of games)

Farsala said:
think-man said:

According to my friend who visited Tokyo, their is still a decent sized section for 360 and 360 games. I imagine the size is about the same as vita atm. (since its got a larger library of games)

I read an article last year that retailers are going to be cutting back support. This is from the article:

According to an Edge report from earlier this week, Japanese retailers are looking into dropping support for the Xbox 360. Geo in particular was said to be "drastically scaling back its Xbox 360 business." Tokyo's Yamada Denki is getting rid of both hardware and software from the "majority of its stores" throughout Japan and selling its remaining stock at a discount.

Halo 3 (X360)
Microsoft, Shooter
64,819 7,080,133 17
Halo 4 (X360)
Microsoft Game Studios, Shooter
47,335 7,644,567 11

Halo: Reach -- 38,007 (picture kept getting messed up when I copied/pasted)

Man did Halo 4 have a big drop :/  I was expecting it to be slightly above Halo 3 but I guess not.