By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - And the Star Wars episode VII director is...

J.J. Abrams!  It's official!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/24/jj-abrams-to-direct-star-wars-episode-vii

The director of Star Trek, Mission Impossible, and many other projects has agreed to direct the next star wars movie as well.  Now, the fans of star wars and star trek have never seemed to get along very well, and personally I dislike both franchises, but I love this news.  I actually really liked the last star trek movie and the next one looks amazing.  If Abrams can do that with star trek, a franchise that absolutely hated, what do you think he could with star wars?

What do you guys think?  excited?  mad?  don't care?  

Around the Network

HYPE!!!!!!! Abrams is excellent

Entirely unconfirmed rumour, he has previously ruled it out so I definitely wouldn't count on it

Yay!

Munkeh111 said:
Entirely unconfirmed rumour, he has previously ruled it out so I definitely wouldn't count on it

yes, but the wrap is supposedly very reliable at this sort of stuff.  Definitely happier with Abrams directing then Affleck, not that Affleck is neccessarily a bad director.  I think he is a much better director than actor, but I don't think he has the nerd cred to do something like star wars.  

Abrams would be the absolute perfect fit for this position, in my opinion.  

Around the Network

Doubt it.

I would be stoked. I think he is currently the best out there, and the way he handled Star Trek was amazing to say the least. Though I do highly doubt it, he has a lot of commitments as is, and has been turning down work. I don't think he would put this behemoth on his plate in addition to his already overloaded schedule.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

I hope it isn't shiny and unfeeling like the Star Trek movie. I mean, I didn't hate it, but original Star Wars was a lot more human.

Soleron said:
I hope it isn't shiny and unfeeling like the Star Trek movie. I mean, I didn't hate it, but original Star Wars was a lot more human.

I don't think we saw the same star trek movie...

eghh, I don't like him. His movies are too epic they lose their grounding.

I would hope Peter Jackson would partner on it, he did such a good job with some of the scenes in the hobbit.