By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - And the Star Wars episode VII director is...

happydolphin said:
eghh, I don't like him. His movies are too epic they lose their grounding.

I would hope Peter Jackson would partner on it, he did such a good job with some of the scenes in the hobbit.

Abrams movies are so epic they lose their grounding... but peter jackson's aren't?  

Around the Network
gergroy said:
happydolphin said:
eghh, I don't like him. His movies are too epic they lose their grounding.

I would hope Peter Jackson would partner on it, he did such a good job with some of the scenes in the hobbit.

Abrams movies are so epic they lose their grounding... but peter jackson's aren't?  

I forgave him at the extended edition of LotR, and at the Hobbit. :)

Some of his action scenes are far-fetched and I dread them, but some parts are very pleasant to watch, especially in the Hobbit I'll say.

EDIT: WAIT! He made Regarding Henry in 1991, one of my favorite movies. hmmmmm..........

EDIT2: And wait though! He's been producer, never director. This rumor doesn't make sense.

a guy who made a dissapointing"up to date" star trek,without ever getting close to the previous star trek series and movies,to get the chance to do the same with star wars?

I hope not. (and no director in the world should be allowed to make a star wars and a star trek movie.)

Peter Jackson would be far better. He is the only director I can think of where we COULD potentially say.. Wow that's better then the originals.

Also is this the same guy who made then new Star Trek from 2008 or whenever it was? That was utter rubbish

Around the Network

Ok, so now just give me the Thrawn Trilogy and you can have my moniez.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Nothing will be better than the originals. Who could direct it? Jackson? Spielberg? Nolan?

Terrible. Have you seen what he did to Star Trek? It was more of CW melodrama than a Science Fiction movie.

And try to watch "Super 8" its not even so bad it's good.

Although, I don't know how much worse he would be than the guy that gave us Ewoks and Jar jar. I guess Joss Wedon was busy.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Well if he can successful revive the flagged Star Trek series, imagine what he'll do for the ever-popular Star Wars.
Got to be better than Lucas at any rate.