By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Monolith Soft Game - Codenamed "X" - In-game footage!

@The claims that the Wii U is weaker than the PS3/360:

Developers like Frozenbyte, 5th Cell, Shin'en, and Gearbox have all gone on record stating that the Wii U can pull games that the PS3 and 360 cannot, thanks to more RAM and a newer GPU.

The only reason it hasn't definitively left those consoles in the dust yet is because it's in its infancy, devs are still getting the hang of working with it. Compare any PS3/360 launch window game to Trine 2: Director's Cut or the Wii U versions of Assassin's Creed 3 and Mass Effect 3, it's not even close.

Around the Network

Enjoy your one sided discussion everyone.

chris_wing said:

Enjoy trying to devalue a game that's the successor to the best JRPG this gen. Either leave us alone or get out.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

chris_wing said:

You mean the graphical discussion? I'm more than open to people disagreeing with me, but you can't blame people excited for a game for defending it.

DanneSandin said:
Otakumegane said:

I'm gonna join you in that hole of yours, if it's alright?

Can I go to...Ninja blade is one crazy Nintendo hater!!!!

Around the Network
ninjablade said:
CGI-Quality said:
ninjablade said:
Otakumegane said:
Uh oh. Ninjablade is back guys. ABANDON THREAD.

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=60501&page=174 read if you like, this is a board of techical experts and deveolpers, they confirm wiiu is not more powerful then currentgen, but what ever i'm biased because i use facts.

I have to wonder why you parade on this way...Why are you so threatened by this game? And, you have only given examples of people that seem to think the WiiU is a weaker system than current gen. Then are the developers who say otherwise, lying?

i'm out of this thread ill pm where most developers say its on par with current gen.

Forget it dude no one will believe your anti-Nintendo statements anymore!!!

snowdog said:
oni-link said:
snowdog said:
oni-link said:
DélioPT said:
oni-link said:
DélioPT said:
^ Yup. I mean Halo 4 and Last of Us look great, but even with such low quality video, X just seems amazing.

What's scary is that these are just the first gen (the real one no ports) games for the Wii U.  I am so excited for next-gen gaming for ALL next-gen systems (720,PS4 and Wii U).  I am still happy with my 360 though so I probably won't jump on the 720 right away.

That`s true.
This is the first game to actually show what Wii U can really do and it looks great. Of course, with time, like any other console, things will get even better.
And if Xbox 720 and PS4 are even better, the same rules will apply.

Yeah, I agree especially when I am expecting the 720 or PS4 to be more powerful than the Wii U (about 2-2.5x more powerful my expectations) that next gen consoles are gonna be competitive despite the challenges it faces against upstarts like Steambox, Ouya, Shield, and so called Smart Devices in general.

I'm expecting 3-4 times more powerful myself but even then it's still in the same ballpark in the grand scheme of things. There are going to be plenty of Sony and Microsoft fanboys disappointed this gen, a great deal of them are expecting the difference between the Wii U, PS4 and 720 to be the same gulf between the Wii and the HD twins. The most important thing about the Wii U is the GPU and the architecture they've chosen, it's going to be easier to port between all 3 consoles this gen than it currently is to port between the Wii U, PS3 and 360. Sorry, I digressed a little there, on topic: This game is looking fantastic already, although they've probably been working on it for a while considering that they finished Xenoblade Chronicles in 2010 with split teams working on the European and US versions. They would have been one of the first developers to receive devkits so I'd say it's been in development for anywhere between a year and 18 months already so we could be looking at a release date of late 2013 or early 2014. What they managed on the Wii hardware was technically very impressive, can't wait to see how this turns out!

Hmm...maybe but there is so much "leaks" that it's impossible to pinpoint reliable information from sensationalism.  Anyways how much more powerful is this Liverpool GPU compared to the Wii U's modified e6760 anyways? 

The thing is that we know next to nothing about the Wii U GPU. We don't even know it's a modified e6760 unless I've missed something..?

All we know is that it has some way to save memory on textures, but we don't even know for certain how they're doing that. It wouldn't surprise me if they also have some way of having 'free' use of AA and depth of field effects, possibly using a similar form of fixed functions that Dolphin/Hollywood use.

http://www.nintengen.com/2012/07/speculation-wii-us-gpu-based-on-amd.html

Codenamed Turks, these entry-level GPUs were released on February 7, 2011. The Turks family includes Turks PRO and Turks XT which are marketed as HD 6570 and HD 6670 respectively. They were originally released to OEMs only, but later released to retail.

The Radeon HD 6570 and 6670 are minor upgrades of their Evergreen counterparts, the HD 5570 and 5670. Turks GPUs contain 80 more stream processors and 4 more texture units. They have also been upgraded to support the new technologies found in the Northern Islands GPUs such as HDMI 1.4a, UVD3, and stereoscopic 3D.

I'll just leave this here, (*cough, pop-up, *cough)

chris_wing said:

I'll just leave this here, (*cough, pop-up, *cough)

*cough* early build *cough* ...wow the hate on Nintendo is getting stronger since Ninjablade came back!!!

oni-link said:
ninjablade said:
CGI-Quality said:
ninjablade said:
Otakumegane said:
Uh oh. Ninjablade is back guys. ABANDON THREAD.

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=60501&page=174 read if you like, this is a board of techical experts and deveolpers, they confirm wiiu is not more powerful then currentgen, but what ever i'm biased because i use facts.

I have to wonder why you parade on this way...Why are you so threatened by this game? And, you have only given examples of people that seem to think the WiiU is a weaker system than current gen. Then are the developers who say otherwise, lying?

i'm out of this thread ill pm where most developers say its on par with current gen.

Forget it dude no one will believe your anti-Nintendo statements anymore!!!

what are my anti-nintendo statements exactly, predictions that the wiiu will fail in sales, which is what''s happening, saying RDR looks better techically then this game,  developers have said wii u is on par with current gen along with beyond3d which is the most trusted site for tech infromation that are only backed up by facts and not fanyboy specualtion, so everything is backed by facts, from the early build my main point was the lighting in RDR is more impressive, which now i can back up by facts, from techincal analysis we can see that lighting is mostly pre-baked and static, unlike RDR which is dynamic, we need to see more of X, proper gameplay footage in real HD quality and 720 Pics before i can say which looks better of sure, pluse like you said its still early, things can change for the better or the worst, by i mean by worst is even in a short edited trailer, they could not hide the techical flaws, this has happend many times this gen, where a trailer of a game get released everybody is saying how  it looks amazing techically, game comes out is sub hd, has terrible performace issues and other techical flaws.