By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's the #1 best third party game on Wii? (No last gen ports)

And the winner is...

Monster Hunter Tri 64 35.56%

Goldeneye 007 18 10.00%

Rayman Origins 14 7.78%

Tatsunoko vs Capcom 7 3.89%

No More Heroes 12 6.67%

No More Heroes 2 12 6.67%

Little King's Story 8 4.44%

Other 45 25.00%

Total:180

Arc Rise Fantasia. Overlooked gem.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Arc Rise Fantasia. Overlooked gem.

Couldn't get past the horrid voice acting.  COmbat was interesting though.

I loved Silent Hill Shattered Memories, great use of the Wiimote and great story

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

SwansVanTerif said:
Haha, I really don't care.

I think it's clear to most people, that the Wii had a very weak 3rd party selection. You think it was great, you think that list is worth buying for everyone! Good for you. You think that.

I said "I know the Wii didn't get the best support or 3rd part games, but your original post I quoted was wrong & I think I proved that.".

You said "I think it's clear to most people, that the Wii had a very weak 3rd party selection. You think it was great, you think that list is worth buying for everyone! Good for you. You think that."

I know there is a word for what you're doing here but I don't feel like getting banned today.

outlawauron said:
chris_wing said:

3-Rayman Origins - available on other platforms (and better)
5-No More Heroes - better on other platforms
7-Little King's Story - Remake on Vita
22-Silent Hill: Shattered memories - On other platforms
130-Sonic Colors -Available on all platforms

The problem is that more than half of those are not worth buying. He is very correct.

The Wii has more than enough games to justify itself, but please do not try and argue that the Wii has had strong 3rd party support at any point in its life.

- Rayman being better on other platforms doesn't mean there's no need to buy it as many of its intended audience will own only a Wii.

- No More Heroes has dumbed down controls on PS3/360 unless you own a Move, so not better.

-A bad remake.

- And vastly inferior on those other platforms.

-No it isn't.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
outlawauron said:
chris_wing said:

The problem is that more than half of those are not worth buying. He is very correct.

The Wii has more than enough games to justify itself, but please do not try and argue that the Wii has had strong 3rd party support at any point in its life.

- Rayman being better on other platforms doesn't mean there's no need to buy it as many of its intended audience will own only a Wii.

- No More Heroes has dumbed down controls on PS3/360 unless you own a Move, so not better.

-A bad remake.

-No it isn't.

He also said Cursed Mountain is a PS2 port & Rabbids Go Home is "Just like" Rayman Raving Rabbids, while one is actually a highly rated adventure game & the other is a highly rated mini game collection.  I wouldn't put too much worry into what he says.

chris_wing said:

@ outlawauron
I never said they were the best versions , & I didn't add on any disclaimer that wasn't there from the original post that I quoted. Will you say Battlefield 3 isn't worth buying on 360 since PC exists? Sure you can think only of your own tastes and reduce the list down to 20-25 games, but that wasn't the assignment.

I could also pick apart your notes on my list, but what's the point.

I play pretty much all genres and enjoy a very wide breath of games (love Wii Fit and Muramasa), so I wouldn't be too narrow minded there. Considering he gave the tag 'worth buying' taste does come into play.

I'm also pretty sure that if you have a gaming PC and like to play FPS on PC, then I'd expect most people wouldn't consider the 360 version worth buying. That's a pretty poor comparison though, because you're comparing a PC and a console, instead of what is actually competing with one another.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

curl-6 said:
outlawauron said:
chris_wing said:

-A bad remake.

-No it isn't.

-False. It sold better on PS3 and 360 than it did on Wii. (.71 and .55 versus 0.42 respectively)

- No More Heroes has a much needed facelift and you still have the option for motion controls if you want them. Considering that the motion for the game was pretty gimmicky, I don't see how you can use that as an argument. It's also only on PS3 though.

- As I said in the post, it was reviewed poorly. Still has some nice new content though.

- The PS2 version only scored 2% less. While I would probably get the Wii version over it (for obvious reasons), it's not vastly inferior.

- My apologies. It's Wii/DS. I was thinking of Sonic Generations which is available on 3 or 4 different platforms.

chris_wing said:
curl-6 said:
outlawauron said:
chris_wing said:

-A bad remake.

-No it isn't.

He also said Cursed Mountain is a PS2 port & Rabbids Go Home is "Just like" Rayman Raving Rabbids, while one is actually a highly rated adventure game & the other is a highly rated mini game collection.  I wouldn't put too much worry into what he says.

I checked and while there is a PC port, I had it confused with another horror game that had awful reviews.

The Rayman series as a whole really fell apart and sales show it. It's like counting the more recent music game entries. They tanked.

outlawauron said:
curl-6 said:
outlawauron said:
chris_wing said:

-A bad remake.

-No it isn't.

-False. It sold better on PS3 and 360 than it did on Wii. (.71 and .55 versus 0.42 respectively)

Doesn't mean many of its audience aren't Wii only owners, possibly as many as 420k by those numbers.

- No More Heroes has a much needed facelift and you still have the option for motion controls if you want them. Considering that the motion for the game was pretty gimmicky, I don't see how you can use that as an argument. It's also only on PS3 though.

The motion added to the gameplay, it was satisfying to slice baddies with it. And since you needed a whole extra add-on to get this on PS3, something that comes with the Wii version out of the box, I'll still give Wii the nod.

- The PS2 version only scored 2% less. While I would probably get the Wii version over it (for obvious reasons), it's not vastly inferior.

Review scores aren't some absolute measure of quality, and even if you conider the to be, the PS2 version got vastly fewer reviews, and dropping metacritic scores as review counts go up is a well documented occurrence.