By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's the #1 best third party game on Wii? (No last gen ports)

And the winner is...

Monster Hunter Tri 64 35.56%

Goldeneye 007 18 10.00%

Rayman Origins 14 7.78%

Tatsunoko vs Capcom 7 3.89%

No More Heroes 12 6.67%

No More Heroes 2 12 6.67%

Little King's Story 8 4.44%

Other 45 25.00%

Total:180
KHlover said:

Weren't they 2nd party?

No.

Around the Network

The only 3rd party game i have for the Wii is Fifa 10.

If we're going by games I spent the most time and had most fun with, that would be Little King's Story.

Going by the overall most well made game, I'd say Monster Hunter, though I never got as into that one as LKS. I think it'll be much better on Wii U.

I voted Monster Hunter, but I also really liked Silent Hill:SM, De Blob 2, and the criminally overlooked Cursed Mountain.

KHlover said:
noname2200 said:
Bienrico said:

Other Great third party games:

Pandora's Tower

Project Zero 2

Sin and Punishment

The Last Story

Xenoblade Chronicles.

These are all first-party.

Weren't they 2nd party?

Save for Xenoblade Chronicles (first-party all the way), I would say so. They certainly aren't third party, to be sure.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
F0X said:
KHlover said:
noname2200 said:
Bienrico said:

Other Great third party games:

Pandora's Tower

Project Zero 2

Sin and Punishment

The Last Story

Xenoblade Chronicles.

These are all first-party.

Weren't they 2nd party?

Save for Xenoblade Chronicles (first-party all the way), I would say so. They certainly aren't third party, to be sure.

Correct. Nintendo commisioned and paid for all of these games, but they did not internally develop each. Mistwalker did Last Story, Tecmo did Project Zero, etc.

Xenoblade + Sin and Punishment are first party.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

F0X said:
KHlover said:

Weren't they 2nd party?

They're paid for and published by Nintendo, and the developers are either wholly owned by or completely independent of (and routinely work with rivals of) Nintendo.

What do you guys think second-party means?

Monster Hunter Tri. End of Thread

Silent Hill:SM definitely should be on that list.

All of those mentioned are good. The CoD's are always overlooked but still some of the best on Wii.

Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands is excellent and probably the most criminally overlooked, specifically made for the Wii game ever. Although I haven't played it, the scant reviews for Driver: San Fransico also looked great, it was a completely original game for Wii (usually a bad thing) but was fully fleshed out and even supported DS hook-up.

My favorites are:
Dewy's Adventure
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands
Zack & Wiki

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom
Goldeneye
Boom Blox Bash Party
Red Steel - Far from perfect but I loved what it aspired to do.
Just Dance (series)
Guitar Hero (series)
EA Sport Active - The best exer-gaming that's come out
Tiger Woods - Made great with motion controls

Honourable mentions:
Opoona, Cursed Mountain, Ivy the Kiwi?, Lost in Shadows, Epic Mickey, Mushroom Men, De Blob, Fishing Resort, Innocent Aces (also criminally overlooked)

curl-6 said:
Fireforgey said:

Edit: I just noticed, why isn't there a poll option of The Last Story?  And don't tell me it's not a third party game, Nintendo only published it, and even that it didn't publish everywhere.  Please add. Thank you ^^.

I was under the impression that it was 1st party since Ninendo owned the IP. Can anyone confirm whether it's technically 1st or 3rd?

That is Xenoblade with Monolith that you are thinking about.