By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 4 Dropping on the charts - Live Activity For week ending 7th January.

JayWood2010 said:
Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:
Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:

That's like saying the 30M people who buy Call of Duty buy it for the singleplayer. Pssssshhhhhhhhhhh

didnt realize CoD had books, toys, movies, shows, and other merchandise.........

A lot of people do buy Halo for multiplayer but to many the singleplayer is more important and it is one reason halo has a high budget singleplayer.  It has huuuuuuuge backstory.  Go to any forum on the internet besides vgchartz and you will see this.

i have alot of friends who waited 6 hours in line to get Halo 4 and all they did was play multiplayer. i believe what i see.

how many people exactly

Friends & families about 11 people. Just admit it Halo is a multiplayer franchise.

Around the Network
Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:
Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:

That's like saying the 30M people who buy Call of Duty buy it for the singleplayer. Pssssshhhhhhhhhhh

didnt realize CoD had books, toys, movies, shows, and other merchandise.........

A lot of people do buy Halo for multiplayer but to many the singleplayer is more important and it is one reason halo has a high budget singleplayer.  It has huuuuuuuge backstory.  Go to any forum on the internet besides vgchartz and you will see this.

i have alot of friends who waited 6 hours in line to get Halo 4 and all they did was play multiplayer. i believe what i see.

According to the website you're on, the game sold over 3 million copies on day one. Yet, if you look at that graph, the peak population for release day was only 380,000. So put two and two together. Obviously many people bought it and did not jump right into MP.

Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:
Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:
Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:

how many people exactly

Friends & families about 11 people. Just admit it Halo is a multiplayer franchise.

yepp 11 out of 7m sounds like a reasonable number to believe *rolls eyes*.........Whatever Wander.  Have a good day.

JayWood2010 said:
Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:
Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:
Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:

how many people exactly

yepp 11 out of 7m sounds like a reasonable number to believe *rolls eyes*.........Whatever Wander.  Have a good day.

You too sir.

Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:

how many people exactly

how many of your friends and family bought odst?

Around the Network

On another note. I got bored of Halo 4 multiplayer quite quickly in comparison to 3 and Reach.

I know a whole lot of people have a "love it or hate it" stance. Maybe people just arent getting into this Halo MP as much as others. The changes are quite big.

Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:
Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:
Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:

how many people exactly

Your banned but I say anyway:

Halo is fueled by the MP gamers. But theres still many who are invested in the campaign and story.

Its not 100/0 ratios. Thats just ignorance.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:
@criss: I think it's pretty fair to say though that Dota is more popular than Halo though. I suspect the MP of Halo is a lot more popular than the SP, especially now months after release when most people have already finished the campaign (if they were interested in it in the first place). So 200k+ vs. sub 100k MP and maybe ~150k or so total. Dota 1 was huge for many many years and now Dota 2 is huge. Wouldn't be surprised to see Dota 2 get 30m+ players once it's officially released.

dota players just sit hours without break in the game, same with other strategical games. it's pretty clear that this increases the players at the same time amount enormous.

and not sure why you think singleplayer and co-op isn't that big in halo but the challeneges alone let many people play it all the time. many people play custom matches which is multiplayer but not in the stats because it only counts matchmaking. many people replay their matches, just sit in a lobby or forge something, some people might play spec-ops, some online, some alone. i would bet with you that more people who are in halo atm are not in an online match right now and if they just have a chat with someone and don't really play.

and dota 2 beta, yes it is big but they have 3 million unique users per month and that is not that much bigger as everything else like many often say.

pezus said:

Another comparison. Skyrim PC from launch to Feb 1 2012:

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&jstime=1&appid=72850&from=1320105600000&to=1328054400000

vs.

____
Halo was higher the first few days by 100-200k or so and kept a smaller lead from then but has now fallen slightly behind Skyrim. Skyrim is a SP only game so I was very surprised by its "legs" on the steam activity charts.

Wow. Not entirely unexpected though. Reviews were lower than the rest of the Halo entries. 343 Probably wont play it as safe with Halo 5 though so lets keep an eye on that one :)

So this thread has went from Halo 4 to Dota and now reviews.