By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 4 Dropping on the charts - Live Activity For week ending 7th January.

pezus said:
crissindahouse said:
pezus said:
This confirms that a PC beta is more popular than Halo :o. (210k peak today for Dota 2)

you count the full player amount who are in the dota 2 beta against the players who are simultaneously in a war game match in halo 4? hmmm...

€dit: and you did the same with skyrim hmm...

war game match? Isn't that just MP? I look at the website and see lots of game modes. If not, what is War game?

yes the numbers show only people who are at the same time in a multiplayer match, not those playing co-op, forging something, singleplayer, waiting for a match, playing custom matches, replay a game and so on...people play a lot of singleplayer for the challenges and co-op was always beloved in halo as much as in borderlands or something.

i'm not saying that there aren't more people in dota 2 beta at the same time on average (dota 2 is very strong the whole day, halo 4 more when americans are online) but the differnce is way smaller as it looks like and since dota 2 matches take much longer maybe the unique players per day aren't really more in dota 2.

but the skyrim comparison just shows that halo 4 should have much more players (just talking about skyrim on steam)

Around the Network

Im surprised that FIFA beat it. Really surprised.

FIFA has only sold ~4.2 Million on 360 and the EA servers are down 50% of the time for maintenance. Compare that to Halo 4, which has sold over 7.5 Million units.

I wonder if it can hold off MW3...

Wander_ said:
kowenicki said:
Wander_ said:

I have never met someone who baught Halo for the storymode. It's all about online.

It is "bought".

and I'm sorry... but that nonsense.  Very many Halo buyers like the huge story behind the games.  The multiplayer is very much a minor secondary thing for me.

Hey, you are a big Sony fan... do you know where we can access similar numbers for Sony games?  I dont think Nintendo publish anything for obvious reasons, but Im sure Sony must seeing as they have such a large unencumbered online community.

it's a fact. no one i know has bAught Halo for singleplayerAnd what is the percentagee of that amount of people to 7m people.  That is a bad way of judging something.  Books and movies of halo get watched for a reason.  And masterchief returning was a big deal for a reason

crissindahouse said:
pezus said:
crissindahouse said:
pezus said:
This confirms that a PC beta is more popular than Halo :o. (210k peak today for Dota 2)

you count the full player amount who are in the dota 2 beta against the players who are simultaneously in a war game match in halo 4? hmmm...

€dit: and you did the same with skyrim hmm...

war game match? Isn't that just MP? I look at the website and see lots of game modes. If not, what is War game?

yes the numbers show only people who are at the same time in a multiplayer match, not those playing co-op, forging something, singleplayer, waiting for a match, playing custom matches, replay a game and so on...people play a lot of singleplayer for the challenges and co-op was always beloved in halo as much as in borderlands or something.

i'm not saying that there aren't more people in dota 2 beta at the same time on average (dota 2 is very strong the whole day, halo 4 more when americans are online) but the differnce is way smaller as it looks like and since dota 2 matches take much longer maybe the unique players per day aren't really more in dota 2.

but the skyrim comparison just shows that halo 4 should have much more players (just talking about skyrim on steam)

You forgot Spartan Ops.

pezus said:
crissindahouse said:

yes the numbers show only people who are at the same time in a multiplayer match, not those playing co-op, forging something, singleplayer, waiting for a match, playing custom matches, replay a game and so on...people play a lot of singleplayer for the challenges co-op was always beloved in halo as much as in borderlands or something.

But Dota 2 is a fair comparison though since it's almost exclusively MP matches, so you're comparing MP with MP.

no it's not fair because you were saying that dota 2 beta is more popular as whole halo 4 but you only use one mode of halo 4 and don't count all players who play halo 4 at the same time. people who play co-op with some friends can't play multiplayer at that moment and with that they aren't in the list even if they play halo 4 right now and if they love online matches. and dota 2 matches take much longer as halo 4 matches so players should be much longer in dota 2 per session which also increases the amount of players at the same time. then we have many people who have no xbox live gold so they can't even play online but still play halo 4.

but like i said, i don't even say halo 4 has more similiar players, just that it's not as your comparison looks like. and you said dota 2 isn't free anymore but you know that almost everyone got it for free. just ask all your steam friends who play it. even i got it for free and that only few weeks ago. and you have still 10 keys!

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Wander_ said:
kowenicki said:

It is "bought".

and I'm sorry... but that nonsense.  Very many Halo buyers like the huge story behind the games.  The multiplayer is very much a minor secondary thing for me.

Hey, you are a big Sony fan... do you know where we can access similar numbers for Sony games?  I dont think Nintendo publish anything for obvious reasons, but Im sure Sony must seeing as they have such a large unencumbered online community.

it's a fact. no one i know has bAught Halo for singleplayerAnd what is the percentagee of that amount of people to 7m people.  That is a bad way of judging something.  Books and movies of halo get watched for a reason.  And masterchief returning was a big deal for a reason

That's like saying the 30M people who buy Call of Duty buy it for the singleplayer. Pssssshhhhhhhhhhh

Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:
Wander_ said:
kowenicki said:

It is "bought".

That's like saying the 30M people who buy Call of Duty buy it for the singleplayer. Pssssshhhhhhhhhhh

didnt realize CoD had books, toys, movies, shows, and other merchandise.........

A lot of people do buy Halo for multiplayer but to many the singleplayer is more important and it is one reason halo has a high budget singleplayer.  It has huuuuuuuge backstory.  Go to any forum on the internet besides vgchartz and you will see this.

JayWood2010 said:
Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:

didnt realize CoD had books, toys, movies, shows, and other merchandise.........

A lot of people do buy Halo for multiplayer but to many the singleplayer is more important and it is one reason halo has a high budget singleplayer.  It has huuuuuuuge backstory.  Go to any forum on the internet besides vgchartz and you will see this.

i have alot of friends who waited 6 hours in line to get Halo 4 and all they did was play multiplayer. i believe what i see.

Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:
Wander_ said:
JayWood2010 said:

i have alot of friends who waited 6 hours in line to get Halo 4 and all they did was play multiplayer. i believe what i see.

how many people exactly

pezus said:
Nsanity said:
pezus said:
Nsanity said:
pezus said:

What does this have to do with Halo 4?

I just told you o.O. We like comparing numbers, don't we?

Except this thread is about Halo 4 not Dota.

And I'm giving the numbers some context. If we're in a PS3 sales thread, we usually compare the sales with the other consoles even though the thread is specifically about PS3 sales. Same for everything else. Is it because I posted a PC game and not a PS3 game that this isn't a good comparison?

Quite right. Only 360 and PS3 exist. The rest technically do exist, but do not concern us in a serious manner.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.