By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Dredd -- You gotta give this movie a chance!

Have you seen it?

No -- But I was planning to 16 17.78%

No -- But I plan to now a... 1 1.11%

No -- And I still do NOT plan to 4 4.44%

Yes -- It was good! 54 60.00%

Yes -- It was decent/okay 10 11.11%

Yes -- It was as bad as the trailers 5 5.56%

Total:90

I liked it that much I purchased the Blu-Ray, but I didnt see it at the cinema.

There's still a chance another will get made, depending on BR sales and rentals, but I guess its unlikely, which is a shame. The director said he hoped it would do well on BR/rental, but he wouldn't be back to make another, suggesting that they wouldn't have the same budget if another was made.

The reason they kept it mostly indoors was to keep the cost down I guess.

Also... don't shout at me when i say I really liked the Stallone version, in fact, i recently purchased it on Blu-Ray (its region free).

Around the Network
MakeAmazing said:
I liked it that much I purchased the Blu-Ray, but I didnt see it at the cinema.

There's still a chance another will get made, depending on BR sales and rentals, but I guess its unlikely, which is a shame. The director said he hoped it would do well on BR/rental, but he wouldn't be back to make another, suggesting that they wouldn't have the same budget if another was made.

The reason they kept it mostly indoors was to keep the cost down I guess.

Also... don't shout at me when i say I really liked the Stallone version, in fact, i recently purchased it on Blu-Ray (its region free).

I did'nt like dredd,but the stallone version was even worse then that. The sidekick,is what made that movie so annoying. Stallone saying I am the law!!!!!!!!! was pretty funny. lol

spurgeonryan said:
I just happened to own the original on VHS. Little else to watch as a kid made this one get viewed a dozen times at least. Armand Assante is probably the worst bad guy ever. Not my favorite Stallone flick, but I enjoyed it. This Dredd was way better though!

Also looking at this : http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=dredd.htm

Dredd is still coming out in certain territorries. I do not expect much, unless it hits s big country, but you never know.

rob schneider was so annoying in that movie. 

Yeah he was probably the worst thing about it... but i still enjoyed it....

I also enjoyed Demolition man... great movie... :)

Around the Network

Dredd was an okay film but nothing special.

spurgeonryan said:
For some reason he was in a lot of 90's movies.

Dredd, Home Alone 2, and even Demolition Man.

Rob Schneider also starred in such classics like

"A Carrot"

"The Stapler"

And who can forget, "A Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb" (From the creators of "Der" and "Tum Ta Tittaly Tum Ta Too")

spurgeonryan said:
Tell that to Spurgeonryan who is now watching this for the third time.

Dredd was an okay film but nothing special.