By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Dredd -- You gotta give this movie a chance!

Have you seen it?

No -- But I was planning to 16 17.78%

No -- But I plan to now a... 1 1.11%

No -- And I still do NOT plan to 4 4.44%

Yes -- It was good! 54 60.00%

Yes -- It was decent/okay 10 11.11%

Yes -- It was as bad as the trailers 5 5.56%

Total:90
deskpro2k3 said:
AndrewWK said:
deskpro2k3 said:
The movie is pretty good. I want a sequel.

Thats never gonna happen. This movie was one of the biggest flops of 2012

Your opinion, and guess what, I don't agree with it. edit. okay my mistake, it flopped in sales but not in the awesome factor.

Are you fucking serious? Is it really so hard to read the older posts? Just read the first post I made in this Thread. I really don´t like to attack people like but is it really so much to ask?

And yes this movie was a huge flop unfortunately it had a Budget of 50 mill$ and made about 32mill$

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dredd.htm

Around the Network

I'll wait for the blu-ray to drop in price. This kind of movie is what I used to go to Blockbuster for. Too bad those times have passed. Watching action movies on Netflix is like renting VHS in 2004, just doesn't do it justice.

AndrewWK said:
deskpro2k3 said:
AndrewWK said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Your opinion, and guess what, I don't agree with it. edit. okay my mistake, it flopped in sales but not in the awesome factor.

Are you fucking serious? Is it really so hard to read the older posts? Just read the first post I made in this Thread. I really don´t like to attack people like but is it really so much to ask?

And yes this movie was a huge flop unfortunately it had a Budget of 50 mill$ and made about 32mill$

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
AndrewWK said:
deskpro2k3 said:
AndrewWK said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Probably...

AndrewWK said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Yep, that's the exact thought/response I had when I read his post. Sucks. But spread the word! Sometimes a movie doesn't get discovered while it's in theatres, but becomes a hit when it reaches DVD. Anchorman is actually a decent example of this. I feel like EVERYONE has seen Anchorman, yet it only made $91 million worldwide in theatres.

Around the Network
pitzy272 said:
AndrewWK said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Yep, that's the exact thought/response I had when I read his post. Sucks. But spread the word! Sometimes a movie doesn't get discovered while it's in theatres, but becomes a hit when it reaches DVD. Anchorman is actually a decent example of this. I feel like EVERYONE has seen Anchorman, yet it only made $91 million worldwide in theatres.

And a sequel is in the making. And I already bought the Blu Ray of Dredd and gifted a few to some friends, but the chances this movie still breaks trough are really slim rated R are really hard to sell if they aren´t bad Horror movies.

@AndrewWK

Yeah I still feel the same way u do. I'm just hoping that, SOMEhow, there are amazing DVD/blu ray sales secondary to strong word of mouth, and its enough to reveal the interest for a sequel. Its highly unlikely that it ever happens, but I'm still hoping:(

I need to get a rental copy of this. Used to love the 200AD comics.

Dredd was incredible. It really reminded me of those stylish low budget 80's sci-fi movies like Escape from New York and Outland. Really sucks that it didn't do too well.

lol the fact it was called dredd was enough for me to watch it. Wasn't disappointing.

Fuck the trailer I say.