By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Dredd -- You gotta give this movie a chance!

Have you seen it?

No -- But I was planning to 16 17.78%

No -- But I plan to now a... 1 1.11%

No -- And I still do NOT plan to 4 4.44%

Yes -- It was good! 54 60.00%

Yes -- It was decent/okay 10 11.11%

Yes -- It was as bad as the trailers 5 5.56%

Total:90
disolitude said:
I liked it... It's a bit like the Raid Redemption but entertaining and good cast. Thumbs up!

The Raid: Redemption was an awesome movie aswell.

Around the Network
TrevDaRev said:
disolitude said:
I liked it... It's a bit like the Raid Redemption but entertaining and good cast. Thumbs up!

The Raid: Redemption was an awesome movie aswell.

indeed. best action movie ive seen in ages...

I always have an inclination towards this type of movies. I gave it a chance already, first day first show in UK. Sad, that it didn't get past 45 million in the US box office, as the director mentioned a sequel would depend based on how it fared at the BO.

I know. Its really sad how poorly this movie did. They really did not do a good job marketing it. Truthfully, I was kinda forced to watch it. But im happy i was. It was an awesome movie. Its sad that there probably wont be a sequel.

The Fury said:
Comic book films are a must for me, most used to be lacking, recently it's picked up a bit (ignoring Ghost Rider).

This was great but if you want tower invading action watch The Raid. Seriously.

Yeah, the Raid did what Dredd tried to do a lot better. That movie is the best action movie I've seen in a long time.

XBL Gamertag: ckmlb, PSN ID: ckmlb

Around the Network
Ckmlb1 said:
The Fury said:
Comic book films are a must for me, most used to be lacking, recently it's picked up a bit (ignoring Ghost Rider).

This was great but if you want tower invading action watch The Raid. Seriously.

Yeah, the Raid did what Dredd tried to do a lot better. That movie is the best action movie I've seen in a long time.

In todays world where original action movies barely get made, I'll welcome both the Raid and Dredd with open arms...

spurgeonryan said:

Wow! Just watched drug lords kill 200 some odd people with double gat guns.

Ha yeah, that part was crazy (though it was a tad unbelievable Dredd didn't get hit ha). My favorite part (SPOILER) in that scene, though, is right after they stop firing. Dredd grabs a baddy, walks him to the ledge right across from Ma-Ma (while she's watching), and hurls him over the edge -- without hesitation, without saying a word, and then just turns around and WALKS AWAY. Haha. My buddy and I died at that part. It was a smart, well-done scene imo. Made Dredd look cool and B.A.

spurgeonryan said:
Dredd just had a great one liner! He was being choked and the bad guy said, " Choke on it Dredd"! Then Dredd shot him in the foot and punched him in the neck and said....get this! " You choke on it!" Lol!

Best action movie in ages!

Haha yeah I remember that. I think I laughed. Another part I thought was funny is when the girl extracts the the info Ma-Ma was hiding from that baddy's mind. She tells Dredd, and all he says is..."Interesting", and I think it goes right to the next scene then haha. Such a funny response, especially since discovering that was such a significant event.

Dredd's dialogue was one of the things that I actually really liked. I thought they had an awesome balance between having a movie with a serious tone and one with some (positive) cheese.

I think the movie as a whole was meant to be taken seriously, and I loved that part of it. I think Dredd's dialogue was also intentionally cheesy, though, and I loved that part as well. If his speaking parts were actually intended to be really serious, then they would have been negatively cheesy; but, being intentional, and also written/done in a smart way, they were positively cheesy.

A serious movie, when done well, always needs the tension to be lifted occasionally with some humor, and I think Dredd's lines provided that really well.

Btw I'm glad to see such a majority of people liked Dredd! I'm gonna have to check it out again in 3D, since multiple ppl have mentioned how good Dredd's 3D is.

Also, I'm definitely going to have to pick up The Raid: Redemption, sometime. At least 3-4 ppl have mentioned how good it is in this thread. Color me intrigued.

Karl Urban plays the role good.