By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UC Drakes Glory: Uncharted 3 close to outselling Gears of War 3

Uncharted bigger franchise than Gears of War?

Yeahhh ^_^ 118 69.82%

Noooo -_- 27 15.98%

Maybe :/ 23 13.61%

Total:168
Turkish said:
Barozi said:
You can easily see when the bundling started, but you can't expect a Turkish thread to be fair and mention that.

I myself was thinking of the GOTY edition. Furthermore, I believe UC3 was bundled as early as the games release, and Gears 3 also had bundling. 
I'm not a sales person. Thats why you can't expect that explanation for a spike in sales in a Turkish thread, nothing biased and prejudiced to it.

UC3 and Gears 3 both had launch bundles. UC2 was actually bundled after launch with the premium PS3 SKU of its time.

And yes the huge spike is due to the GOTY bundle (and UC1 and UC2 got a similar bundle during the last holiday and saw a similar boost).

I'm not saying that it's impossible for UC3 to eclipse Gears 3 at one point (without bundles) but you could at least ask yourself why UC3 jumped to these hights lately and do a bit of research before creating such a thread.

Threads like this will only lead to copycats making threads about Kinect Adventures is a bigger franchise than Gran Turismo or other similar crap which we don't need.

Around the Network

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is an unfair comparison. Here in North America, Uncharted 3 has been heavily bundled for the past year. It's the first thing I see when I walk into a video game store.

This gotta be a Turkish Thread. It is nice to see one of the best games of this gen selling so amazing. But out of all games out how did you come to compare Uncharted with Gears of War? Those games are completely different.

pezus said:
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G LEGS. Epic

Amazing bundles. Its all good, just dont confuse where the legs actually came from.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

jamesmarkus87 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is an unfair comparison. Here in North America, Uncharted 3 has been heavily bundled for the past year. It's the first thing I see when I walk into a video game store.

A sale is a sale, even if you find it in the bargain bin. Not sure why people even bring this up.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Turkish said:
Barozi said:
You can easily see when the bundling started, but you can't expect a Turkish thread to be fair and mention that.

I myself was thinking of the GOTY edition. Furthermore, I believe UC3 was bundled as early as the games release, and Gears 3 also had bundling. 
I'm not a sales person. Thats why you can't expect that explanation for a spike in sales in a Turkish thread, nothing biased and prejudiced to it.

UC3 and Gears 3 both had launch bundles. UC2 was actually bundled after launch with the premium PS3 SKU of its time.

And yes the huge spike is due to the GOTY bundle (and UC1 and UC2 got a similar bundle during the last holiday and saw a similar boost).

I'm not saying that it's impossible for UC3 to eclipse Gears 3 at one point (without bundles) but you could at least ask yourself why UC3 jumped to these hights lately and do a bit of research before creating such a thread.

Threads like this will only lead to copycats making threads about Kinect Adventures is a bigger franchise than Gran Turismo or other similar crap which we don't need.

Exactly, similar trends with UC2:

So what? The spike is due to the GOTY edition, not solely due to GOTY edition being bundled with a PS3. If you have numbers on the procentual share of GOTY editions being in bundles, you're welcome to share them.

This is a good thread, a copycat thread would be comparing Halo with GT. Valid comparisons that people are interested in. Kinect Adventures vs GT is nonsensical and adds nothing to the discussion. UC vs Gears is really interesting, both have been compared dozens of times on VGC so I'm not sure why you're having a problem with it this time around.

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G LEGS. Epic

Amazing bundles. Its all good, just dont confuse where the legs actually came from.

Actually, no, since it still sells really well outside of the holiday bundling . Unlike a franchise we both know about.

It sold really well yes, but this holiday was primarily due to bundling.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G LEGS. Epic

Actually, no, since it still sells really well outside of the holiday bundling . Unlike a franchise we both know about.

Give me a break. You know it wouldn't be this close if it wasn't for the recent bundles.

pezus said:

A battle of the bundles? This is why I always have a laugh when people say Uncharted is the most heavily bundled franchise this gen. One actually sells really well right from the start, while the other lags until it gets a holiday bundle. Plus, it gets more from holiday bundles than Uncharted, both relatively and in pure numbers because of American sales. Uncharted sells 5m+ because it's popular, the bundles only enhance that.

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=Global&ending=Cumulative&game%5B%5D=Forza+Motorsport+4+%28X360%29+%5B45656%5D&game%5B%5D=Forza+Motorsport+3+%28X360%29+%5B30434%5D&game%5B%5D=Uncharted+3%3A+Drake%27s+Deception+%28PS3%29+%5B49054%5D&game%5B%5D=

Whats really funny is that some try to discredit me for not mentioning bundles. Oh I am the bias! As if the GOTY edition was exclusive to PS3 bundles alone, and as if that PS3 bundle was the only PS3 SKU being sold!

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G LEGS. Epic

It sold really well yes, but this holiday was primarily due to bundling.

Without the bundle Uncharted 3 would've easily had some 40-50k selling weeks, so the bundle didn't add that much. It would've got there on its own, it just would've taken more time.

Ok, glad you see that.