By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UC Drakes Glory: Uncharted 3 close to outselling Gears of War 3

Uncharted bigger franchise than Gears of War?

Yeahhh ^_^ 118 69.82%

Noooo -_- 27 15.98%

Maybe :/ 23 13.61%

Total:168

Around the Network

Most definitely bigger.

What the.... how did the recent spike occur? Game of the year editions?

Needless to say, they are neck to neck. Which is pretty impressive since I always thought there was no PS3 exclusive that could match Gears or halo other than GT.

well, its not just a good game, its a damn good game.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Oh look, it's been 11 minutes and still nobody has dismissed this as an effect of bundling.

Plenty of games are bundled with the PS3. People buy the Uncharted 3 one because they want to own Uncharted 3.

Anyway, good news for a great franchise.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:

Needless to say, they are neck to neck. Which is pretty impressive since I always thought there was no PS3 exclusive that could match Gears or halo other than GT.

@Mantlepiecek Massively Bundled.

Congrats on so many people playing Uncharted.  Great series

Both games are my favourite. I really hope that the next Gears of War comes to PS4 as I don't have any intention to buy Microsoft's next console.

mantlepiecek said:

Bundles if I'm not mistaken, it had a massive increase over the holiday period as a result.

Still, Uncharted 3 is trending above Uncharted 2 and was prior to the bundles.

It's about a 5.5-6m selling franchise now that is still showing growth. I think the series has far exceeded most posters expectations (not that posters expectations are necessarily any measure of success). Still, after Drakes Fortune I don't think anyone thought Uncharted could rival Gears.

CGI-Quality said:
mantlepiecek said:

Ulitmately, Uncharted and GT are complementary to Gears and Halo. 

Thanks to some strategic bundling and continued individual sales, it should clear the record for the series and be a comparable seller to the Gears franchise from here on out. I personally don't mind which ever one is higher, it's good to have these franchises for each system.

Yeah. The new slim had uncharted bundling.

Pretty cool that sony managed to have a great selling new IP this gen.

Where was Uncharted 2 at this point in time. I can't look it up myself since I'm on a mobile.