By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Your Top 50 Movies: 2013 Discussion Thread- Final Day!

SvennoJ said:
Chris Hu said:
Posted my 43rd pick.

Ah Spartacus, ofcourse. I was thinking Ben Hur but that was 1959, forgot the other big one.
And yes Strange days. I just finished watching it again and in the 40's is the right spot.

My next movie's title is composed of the letters that are used to describe the source of its theme.

I have idea what that could be.  My next movie features a very courageous man and was released a little more then ten years after the tragic events that are feautred in it.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
SvennoJ said:
Chris Hu said:
Posted my 43rd pick.

Ah Spartacus, ofcourse. I was thinking Ben Hur but that was 1959, forgot the other big one.
And yes Strange days. I just finished watching it again and in the 40's is the right spot.

My next movie's title is composed of the letters that are used to describe the source of its theme.

I have idea what that could be.  My next movie features a very courageous man and was released a little more then ten years after the tragic events that are feautred in it.

Could that be about Paul Rusesabagina?

I watched my 42nd pick again and now I want to sent it up the list. I can't keep doing that. 42- it will be.
The music also reminds me a bit of Journey or vice versa rather.

SvennoJ said:
Chris Hu said:
SvennoJ said:
Chris Hu said:
Posted my 43rd pick.

Could that be about Paul Rusesabagina?

I watched my 42nd pick again and now I want to sent it up the list. I can't keep doing that. 42- it will be.
The music also reminds me a bit of Journey or vice versa rather.

Yes that's him the film could have easily been much higher on my list.

well spurge we all have our own reasons..lionheart touched me deeply there are just a few movies that could do that

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

spurgeonryan said:
I guess Legionaire had that affect on me. But not many van Damme movies do.

My next movie is ...wait? Did I do Starship Troopers yet? If not theen that is it. If I did then Matrix 2. Not as good as 1 and not as bad as 3. 3 will not show up.

Hint: next has Keith David as a possible alien.

That has to be the Thing which will also be on my list.

Around the Network

Posted 42nd pick which is Hotel Rwanda next on my list is another western.

42. Gattaca, 1997, Andrew Niccol

A movie that only becomes more relevant as science advances.
The DNA scientist in the movie states: Wouldn't you want to give your kids every advantage possible in life? We have enough imperfection built-in already. We simply select the best possible outcome from the parents DNA. It is still your child.
In a world where a DNA tests determines who you are and what you will be able to achieve in the world, Vincent Freeman finds a way to beat the system and prove that he is worth more then the sum of his DNA.

SvennoJ said:

42. Gattaca, 1997, Andrew Niccol

A movie that only becomes more relevant as science advances.
The DNA scientist in the movie states: Wouldn't you want to give your kids every advantage possible in life? We have enough imperfection built-in already. We simply select the best possible outcome from the parents DNA. It is still your child.
In a world where a DNA tests determines who you are and what you will be able to achieve in the world, Vincent Freeman finds a way to beat the system and prove that he is worth more then the sum of his DNA.

I love Gattaca. One of the better sci-fi movies of the past 20 years. Very underrated.

My #43 is Rear Window, the first of three Hitchcock movies in my top 50. Rear Window is an incredible achievement. Hitchcock manages to tell an engrossing and suspenseful story based almost entirely out of a single room. There is not one moment when Hitchcock is not in total control of the film, yet the moviegoer feels as powerless and lonely as Jimmy Stewart bound in a wheelchair. As with most of his movies, Hitchcock lures his audience into participating emotionally in the action. In Rear Window, we are the voyeurs.

pezus said:

My 42nd movie was Requiem for a Dream. I don't think another movie has ever made me feel as much uncomfort as that one.

My next one is a very recent lighthearted film from France ;o

Didn't guess on your hint since it only could have been one of three movies.  So your next movie is The Intouchables (Intouchables) 2011.  I think I will post my 41st pick very soon.