By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Your Top 50 Movies: 2013 Discussion Thread- Final Day!

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Chris Hu said:
spurgeonryan said:
Time Cop, Kickboxer, Legionaiire, Until Death, Six Bullets, Maximum Risk, Cyborg, and In Hell could all make my list. I have an affinity for Knock Off as well for some reason.

Bloodsport is still my favorite Van Damme movie but none of his movies made my list.  Charles Bronson did make the list twice though.

I'm guessing one of those is Once Upon a Time in the West?

Yes it is.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Chris Hu said:
Just posted my 44th favorite movie. Next on my list is a epic movie from the early 60s.

Epic in the true sense of the word and early 60's, Lawrence of Arabia?
Or maybe a bit more fictional epic, Dr Strangelove or How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb?

My next movie is from a female director who is now fully focussed on military movies. Although the movie on my list has little to do with the military you can already see quite a lot of military vehicles driving by in the background.

No its neither of those since I never watched either one only seen clips of both.  Probably will watch Lawrence of Arabia eventually though since I really like Maurice Jarre's work and another movie he did the music for Doctor Zhviago almost made my list.  So your next movie is directed by Kathryn Bigalow I'm guessing its Point Break.

Chris Hu said:
SvennoJ said:
Chris Hu said:
Just posted my 44th favorite movie. Next on my list is a epic movie from the early 60s.

Epic in the true sense of the word and early 60's, Lawrence of Arabia?
Or maybe a bit more fictional epic, Dr Strangelove or How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb?

My next movie is from a female director who is now fully focussed on military movies. Although the movie on my list has little to do with the military you can already see quite a lot of military vehicles driving by in the background.

No its neither of those since I never watched either one only seen clips of both.  Probably will watch Lawrence of Arabia eventually though since I really like Maurice Jarre's work and another movie he did the music for Doctor Zhviago almost made my list.  So your next movie is directed by Kathryn Bigalow I'm guessing its Point Break.

Not point break. The central plot device was originally featured in Brainstorm.

Psycho perhaps? So many good movies in the 60's, need more clues :)

Its "Strange Days" then which would have been my second guess without another clue.  As for my movie clips of it where used to make a excellent Pepsi commerical.

41: JCVD Lionheart :))

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network
pezus said:
I think I'll have to add Django to my list ;o

I guess it would have a good chance of being one of my favorite movies ever once I see it as it is only one Tarantino movie made my top 50.

Posted my 43rd pick.

My #44 is Kagemusha, one of Akira Kurosawa's best movies. Released in 1980, when Kurosawa was 70 years old, Kagemusha is proof that Kurowsawa's skill was in no way diminished by old age. Kagemusha is more deliberate and meditative than some of Kurosawa's other action movies, although the climactic battle ranks among anything seen in Seven Samurai or Ran. One of the highlights is the movie's color photography, which is absolutely gorgeous.

43. Strange days, 1995, Kathryn Bigelow

A sc-fi action thriller from the 90's that still feels relevant today, with an ending that just keeps going without letting up for a moment. It's a shame that it still has no NA blu-ray release. The dvd's non anamorphic 2.35:1 presentation doesn't do justice to the massive crowd scenes especially in the last half hour.

Chris Hu said:
Posted my 43rd pick.

Ah Spartacus, ofcourse. I was thinking Ben Hur but that was 1959, forgot the other big one.
And yes Strange days. I just finished watching it again and in the 40's is the right spot.

My next movie's title is composed of the letters that are used to describe the source of its theme.