By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Your Top 50 Movies: 2013 Discussion Thread- Final Day!

tomorrow xD

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Is it "Hook"?

There is also an oldboy with one of the Olsen twins. So make sure you netflix the right one!

I think most of the movies in my 30's will be JCVD movies. Nice place to put them.

Hook is good too, the one with Robin Williams anyway.
But no, it's from the 80's. It has fencing and a real giant.

SvennoJ said:
spurgeonryan said:
Is it "Hook"?

There is also an oldboy with one of the Olsen twins. So make sure you netflix the right one!

I think most of the movies in my 30's will be JCVD movies. Nice place to put them.

That's "The Princess Bride" oddly enough I never watched the movie all the way through.  My next movie on my list also features Cary Elwes as one of the main supporting characters.

Chris Hu said:
SvennoJ said:
spurgeonryan said:
Is it "Hook"?

That's "The Princess Bride" oddly enough I never watched the movie all the way through.  My next movie on my list also features Cary Elwes as one of the main supporting characters.

Correct. You missed out on a great ending in that case. Watch it to the end next time :)

Westley
:  What are our liabilities?
Inigo Montoya: There is but one working castle gate, and... and it is guarded by 60 men.
Westley: And our assets?
Inigo Montoya: Your brains, Fezzik's strength, my steel.

Westley: I mean, if we only had a wheelbarrow, that would be something.
Inigo Montoya: Where we did we put that wheelbarrow the albino had?
Fezzik: Over the albino, I think.
Westley: Well, why didn't you list that among our assets in the first place?

Caru Elwes did a lot of movies, he was in Dracula too I see, not a very big role though.

SvennoJ said:
Chris Hu said:
SvennoJ said:
spurgeonryan said:
Is it "Hook"?

Correct. You missed out on a great ending in that case. Watch it to the end next time :)

Westley
:  What are our liabilities?
Inigo Montoya: There is but one working castle gate, and... and it is guarded by 60 men.
Westley: And our assets?
Inigo Montoya: Your brains, Fezzik's strength, my steel.

Westley: I mean, if we only had a wheelbarrow, that would be something.
Inigo Montoya: Where we did we put that wheelbarrow the albino had?
Fezzik: Over the albino, I think.
Westley: Well, why didn't you list that among our assets in the first place?

Caru Elwes did a lot of movies, he was in Dracula too I see, not a very big role though.

Just finished watching it the whole way through it was pretty good.  I'm guessing its my third favorite movie directed by Rob Reiner behind This is Spinal Tap and A Few Good Men.

Around the Network

Just posted my 44th favorite movie. Next on my list is a epic movie from the early 60s.

Chris Hu said:
spurgeonryan said:
Time Cop, Kickboxer, Legionaiire, Until Death, Six Bullets, Maximum Risk, Cyborg, and In Hell could all make my list. I have an affinity for Knock Off as well for some reason.

Bloodsport is still my favorite Van Damme movie but none of his movies made my list.  Charles Bronson did make the list twice though.

I'm guessing one of those is Once Upon a Time in the West?

My #45 is The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, the story of two desperate Americans who search for gold in the mountains of Mexico. Expertly directed by John Huston, the movie captures the deleterious effect money and greed has on the mind and on personal relationships. Walter Huston (John's father) won as Oscar for his turn as an old prospector, but its Humphrey Bogart who makes the movie. It's his best performance.

44. The princess bride, 1987, Rob Reiner

A timeless classic, always a joy to watch. And that awesome boxart.

Another movie that comes close is Stardust. A clever story and Robert de Niro as captain Shakespeare cracks me up every time. If you like the princess bride you should watch Stardust too. It is from 2007, so it will need a bit more time to age before it can be called a classic too.

Chris Hu said:
Just posted my 44th favorite movie. Next on my list is a epic movie from the early 60s.

Epic in the true sense of the word and early 60's, Lawrence of Arabia?
Or maybe a bit more fictional epic, Dr Strangelove or How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb?

My next movie is from a female director who is now fully focussed on military movies. Although the movie on my list has little to do with the military you can already see quite a lot of military vehicles driving by in the background.