By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Your Top 50 Movies: 2013 Discussion Thread- Final Day!

SvennoJ said:
kljesta64 said:
SvennoJ said:
kljesta64 said:

well im not from the UK im from Croatia :*D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=liWO04KHpYU&list=PLGzCTv1kBa6ijVrbR6HQwnqhxoXTso2SJ#t=604s

another one  ;*D

is there another site like youtube ?

I found one, can't understand a word they are saying :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfZDXeHS4fw

Do you mean the part at 22 minutes, sped up footage with actors walking slowly to make the vehicles appear to move faster?

nope.

this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wfZDXeHS4fw#t=1467s

Ah the overused repetition shot from different angles, that's where it comes from :) Mythbusters wouldn't be fun without it.

I finished watching the lotr extended edition again with the commentary track, with Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh and Philippa Bowens. That is one of the most entertaining commentaries I know, quite a funny trio, for 11 hours. His Arnold Swarchenegger impression is too funny, joking about having him lead the charge from Minas Tirith to the black gates. Love it how he keeps pestering his writers with loop holes, like why couldn't they use the midle earth taxi, fly in on the eagles and drop the ring, be done with it.

Anyway he describes this technique of shooting at 48fps with everyone walking and talking a bit faster then slowing it down and replacing the sound to get a more stately look. For example when Faramir leaves to liberate Osgiliath.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm2c4Li1VzI
Beautiful sequence.

Any clue where that came from?

finally. thats it like mythbusters :D i was looking for something similar to that jackie shot to show you but I couldt find anything. lol 

who would have guessed that jackie invented that technique haha

heard of that lotr 48 fps technique a couple of days ago for the first time :*D

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

I will soon make a list of movies which you guys posted and I did not watch

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Posted my 4th pick Once Upon a Time in the West. My next movie starts out in Marseille but takes place primarily in New York City.

Chris Hu said:
Posted my 4th pick Once Upon a Time in the West. My next movie starts out in Marseille but takes place primarily in New York City.

Le gendarme a New York?

I know that starts in Saint Tropez, just wanted to mention Louis de Funès :)

Maybe The french connection?

This is my least favorite time of the thread. This has been a lot of fun talking movies with you guys. It's a shame it has to end.

Vertigo

I consider Alfred Hitchcock to be the greatest moviemaker of all time, and Vertigo is his masterwork. It's perhaps his darkest and most dangerous movie, which is saying a lot considering his earlier resume. The movie is paced, filmed, and edited perfectly. The story -- filled with plot twists, mysteries, and revelations -- is gripping from the first frame to the last.

Around the Network

3: Leon The Proffesional (1994) Luc Besson

Not many of you know that the ending was changed..Mathilda should have been the one with the bomb at the end. supposedly it was changed to make the audience happy..I ask myself what would have happend if the ending wasnt changed..one of the best of all time for sure. nice story and an heartbreaking ending which makes this movie unforgettable.

Tsubasa Ozora

I only watched vertigo once and included it in my list..i think it would be higher on my list if i watched it for the second time. maybe we should do something to keep this thread alive..any ideas guys ?

Tsubasa Ozora

SvennoJ said:
Chris Hu said:

Le gendarme a New York?

I know that starts in Saint Tropez, just wanted to mention Louis de Funès :)

Maybe The french connection?

It's The French Connection I'm gonna post it now.

Posted my 3rd pick The French Connection. Ernest Borgine, Edward G Robinson, Orson Welles, Danny Thomas, Richard Conte, Anthony Quinn and George C. Scott where all considered for one of the main roles in my next movie.

sounds like godfather lol

Tsubasa Ozora