By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Top 50 Greatest Developers (by Edge)

Tagged games:

What was the criteria. 343i should be at the top. Halo 4 is the game of the decade so 343i has a 100% perfect track record.

Around the Network
green_sky said:
Mr Khan said:
pezus said:
Mr Khan said:
I wish to see Rocksteady booted from the list, if only because all of the segments in Arkham City with guys with guns are unplayably broken.

How so?

Those guys have perfect coverage all the time. There've only been one or two runs of those that i haven't died 5-20 times.

You have to go stealthy. Take each of them one by one. Arkham Asylum was easier in that way that enemies didn't have that many guns. 

OT: Yea some really bizzare placements and some omissions. 

I get that, but they always catch me, unless i take an amount of time that the developers clearly wouldn't have intended.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
green_sky said:
Mr Khan said:
pezus said:
Mr Khan said:
I wish to see Rocksteady booted from the list, if only because all of the segments in Arkham City with guys with guns are unplayably broken.

How so?

Those guys have perfect coverage all the time. There've only been one or two runs of those that i haven't died 5-20 times.

You have to go stealthy. Take each of them one by one. Arkham Asylum was easier in that way that enemies didn't have that many guns. 

OT: Yea some really bizzare placements and some omissions. 

I get that, but they always catch me, unless i take an amount of time that the developers clearly wouldn't have intended.

Yea in this one you can't use the same strategy more than once or twice. The first game was bit leniant towards that as you could just go on the top pillars and take them out. You have to change your position in AC. Use all the gadgets you have. Take some from the air. Other's with explosion gel etc. Once one or two are left you can get down and take them out. I died a bit more at the start but slowly figured it out it. You can always hide or escape if you get detected as they really go on high alert than. Enjoy :)

kain_kusanagi said:

What was the criteria. 343i should be at the top. Halo 4 is the game of the decade so 343i has a 100% perfect track record.

I don't know if this helps at all. It was posted by a member on N4G, ginganinja, number 28. Also, here is a link http://www.gamechup.com/edge-picks-the-top-50-greatest-developers-naughty-dog-at-no-5/

"Just pointing out, the list isn't Edge's best developers of all time. As it says in the article;
'Welcome to the Edge Developer Awards, a new, annual list of the best development studios in the world. '
The rest of the opening goes on to say how they're judging the studios not on revenue, sales figures or review scores but a mix of things like creative ability, technical ability, imagination, ingenuity, etc.

So, it's more a look at who they think are doing things they're excited by at the moment rather than what they have done in the past.

I'll repeat again just to clarify (as it seems the person who wrote the article for this website can't read and appears to have got a lot of people more butthurt than they need be) the list is NOT the Edge's award for 'best developer of all time'."

Mojang at 2nd because of 1 single game and Nintendo at 3rd after all of the fantastic games they've made over the years? Uh yeah, no. I've played Minecraft. I gave it a week then I got bored out of my freaking mind.

Around the Network

Can't argue with #1 Valve but #2 Mojang? Uhhhhhhh..........

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Wait Mojang higher than Nintendo on the list, this list is completely irrelevant.

Ranking the company which created MineCraft higher than the company with created Mario, Zelda, Metroid etc. is just ridiculous. It's arguable enough for anyone to even suggest a developer is better than Nintendo, but Valve is an acceptable choice. Mojang is not.

Additionally, neither is Platinum but then again VGC voted it as the best dev of all time so I guess I can't disagree.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Where the heck is Intelligent Systems!???

You know, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Paper Mario. Never a bad game in their history? Phah!

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Mojang at number 2 is a joke. it shouldnt even be on that list. and wtf is up with developers creating one game being on this list? 343? they made a remake and one halo game. that makes them one of the best developers of all time? telltal.? they just made an overrated walking dead series.
kojima, dice and bethesda should be higher up that list. mojang shouldnt even be in it.