By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Top 50 Greatest Developers (by Edge)

Tagged games:

That's what you get SE! Make some good games!

Around the Network

No Retro Studios, Intelligent Systems or Monolith Soft. :-|

I can understand putting Mojang in that list because of Minecraft alone but if they follow Minecraft they'd know that Mojang uses dice to decide what stuff to add to/change in the game. I love Minecraft but some choices are just mind-boggling...Based on that I wouldn't put them anywhere close to the top, not until they've released their second game and proven that they do understand what the heck they're doing.

forest-spirit said:
No Retro Studios, Intelligent Systems or Monolith Soft. :-|

I can understand putting Mojang in that list because of Minecraft alone but if they follow Minecraft they'd know that Mojang uses dice to decide what stuff to add to/change in the game. I love Minecraft but some choices are just mind-boggling...Based on that I wouldn't put them anywhere close to the top, not until they've released their second game and proven that they do understand what the heck they're doing.

Retro Studios deserves to be on there. As for IS or MS, let's face it Paper Mario SS wasn't that good at all, and Fire Emblem isn't visually stunning gameplay wise. Monolith soft made 1 good game in the past few years, Xenoblade; this one needs time to be judged.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Media molecule above blizzard? maybe with Diablo 3 but that does not discount everything else.

Oh this is just horrible list on every front

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
I wish to see Rocksteady booted from the list, if only because all of the segments in Arkham City with guys with guns are unplayably broken.

I've beaten the game 3 times on the hardest difficulty (two times on NG+). I'm not sure if the Wii U version is different, but there are no broken sections in the Arkham City I played. For the shooting sections, you have to use a combination of stealth (mainly patience) and gadgets. After a bit of practice, it's easy to quickly run through those gun sections without a single enemy ever knowing you were there (I'm sure there are YouTube videos of it as well). If I saw a video of your playthrough, I would see the error in your tactics. 

OT: Seems like an understandable list to me.

Otakumegane said:

Retro Studios deserves to be on there. As for IS or MS, let's face it Paper Mario SS wasn't that good at all, and Fire Emblem isn't visually stunning gameplay wise. Monolith soft made 1 good game in the past few years, Xenoblade; this one needs time to be judged.

Intelligent Systems has made more than just Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

Nintendo EAD is 3rd..your list is invalid!

Nintendo Network ID = itsJabby

I saw this list the other day and kind of giggled to myself. The Mojang one seriously has me scratching my head.

I'm surprised this list didn't have the angry birds development team on it >_>

NintendoPie said:
Otakumegane said:

Intelligent Systems has made more than just Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

I believe the criteria was current games and future potential.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)