By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Im worried about Rayman Legends

What holds the future of Rayman Legends?

Rayman Legends will do good on Wii U 106 60.92%

Ubisoft will port it for Sony and MS 57 32.76%

Doesn't matter since WiiU is dead on arrival 11 6.32%

Total:174
KHlover said:
aikohualda said:
KHlover said:
Rayman Origins did not reach 1mil on either console it was released, the Xbox360 version only sold 200k more than the Vita version. How hard could it possibly bomb?

what do you think about ubisoft's expectations though?

If they have any sense - 500-600k

When this game releases WiiU probably won't have a userbase bigger than 4m. Expecting more than one eighth of the WiiU owners to buy the game would be delusional.

LT? If it's LT they will count on the userbase growing :P it won't be 4m forever

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
aikohualda said:
KHlover said:
Rayman Origins did not reach 1mil on either console it was released, the Xbox360 version only sold 200k more than the Vita version. How hard could it possibly bomb?

If they are smart, higher LTD than Origins on Wii and lower than Origins on all platforms. So about 500k - 2m.

Your entire argument is false because the WiiU is selling well.

M.U.G.E.N said:
KHlover said:
aikohualda said:
KHlover said:

When this game releases WiiU probably won't have a userbase bigger than 4m. Expecting more than one eighth of the WiiU owners to buy the game would be delusional.

LT? If it's LT they will count on the userbase growing :P it won't be 4m forever

By that logic every launch game ever should be successful - these games have the most time to sell. But growing userbase != growing sales for existing games. It might manage a few hundred k extra, but I don't think it'll ever sell 1m retail. 

they should be happy with 500k lifetime
im not getting it, i dont like Rayman games

Around the Network
Barozi said:
aikohualda said:
KHlover said:

If they are smart, higher LTD than Origins on Wii and lower than Origins on all platforms. So about 500k - 2m.

looking at rayman's sales... yeah i think that number is pretty decent...

looking at it now maybe they just want their brand in japanese market

KHlover said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
KHlover said:
aikohualda said:
KHlover said:

By that logic every launch game ever should be successful - these games have the most time to sell. But growing userbase != growing sales for existing games. It might manage a few hundred k extra, but I don't think it'll ever sell 1m retail. 

No I'm saying your argument that expecting 500k LIFE TIME SALES from a 4million user base is wrong. It's rather selft explainatory. They will definitely have expectations for the initial sales based on the current user base and life time sales based on expected user growth over time.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

aikohualda said:

I know the demo, I've enjoyed it myself. I still see no way for this game to ever 1m

I'll get it after it gets a price drop, no way I'm paying $60 for a 2-D platformer. (Got Origins at $30)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)