By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP Sold 1.12 M Its First Dec; Vita Sells <250k

dp

Around the Network

It is too early to judge PSV. We need to wait its 2nd Christmas or maybe 3rd Christmas. It is Marathon. Deal with it.

Train wreck said:
I guess the vita took a page from the Wii U playbook

Well, no. In this case Nintendo is copying Sony, the WiiU is following the lead of the Vita if anything. But in reality we have just to see, what WiiU sells next December, that's what we see at Vita at the moment. If we compare this christmas, the WiiU didn't follow the Vita playbook to the point, it sold in USA alone nearly double than this number. Anyways, I think both are hard to compare, in the end they are in different markets (mobile console vs. home console).

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

gergroy said:
Come on sony get your act together!!! Price drop and get some good games out here!!

Can they even afford a price drop?

pezus said:
gatito said:
Nintendo: get it right. This is how you make your console BOMB.

They are learning...fast

Oh I dunno, they'll need to really go some to out-do the Vita here.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Puts things in perspective.

All in all, the idea of a overly powerful gaming handheld is just not sustainable, or frankly what the market even wants right now.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:
Conegamer said:
pezus said:
gatito said:
Nintendo: get it right. This is how you make your console BOMB.

They are learning...fast

Oh I dunno, they'll need to really go some to out-do the Vita here.

This summer they should know exactly how to do it

We'll see. I'm already looking forward to my Ambassador games!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Argh_College said:
badgenome said:
It's premature to judge the Vita before its second Christmas.

i see what you did here...

Vita has no chance of being sucessfull...

Iphone, Android, soon Windows Phone have take Control Handhelds...

People rather play Agry Birds these days, Vita is a great machine but its dead, its time to admit already.

If you say Vita is dead, why don't you admit Windows Phone is dead as well. Vita has %13 marketshare, while Windows Phone is around 4%. I'd say if something is dead... It is WP.

michael_stutzer said:

If you say Vita is dead, why don't you admit Windows Phone is dead as well. Vita has %13 marketshare, while Windows Phone is around 4%. I'd say if something is dead... It is WP.

but isnt 4% better in a maket where it sells half a billion+ of pieces rather than 13% with 30+mil overall ?

First I've heard of it.