By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If GG, MM, Suckerpunch, and ND don't have PS4 launch titles, will you still get PS4 this year?

Would you buy in 2013?

yes 90 58.82%

no 63 41.18%

Total:153

I would not buy it unless it is 200$ lol.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
I would not buy it unless it is 200$ lol.

You're not the target audience.

adriane23 said:
None of those devs had PS3 launch games, so it won't be a big deal if they don't for the PS4 in my opinion.

Well what happened to the PS3 at launch?

Sony wants to avoid those mistakes again, especially after seeing the Vita suffer, the PS4 will be cheaper than the PS3 at launch (okay, that isn't hard), but I am fairly sure that we will see games from all these studios within the first year

Also, unless Polyphony are working on GT Vita, they should be able to get the next one out before too long.

And finally, both M$ and Sony will be shouting at Acti to get CoD on next gen at launch and make it good, all 3 want consoles to stay strong for at least another generation, there is no way mobile and tablet gaming can give Acti their CoD bn$ per year

I have purchased all systems at launch (besides handhelds) in all Generations since the NES, but I am not sure for next Gen.

I might just wait this one out, as games are becoming (and its crazy cause I never had to worry about getting the games I wanted before!) the determining factors here. I dont care for the "big" exclusives, just for the JRPGs.

Munkeh111 said:
adriane23 said:
None of those devs had PS3 launch games, so it won't be a big deal if they don't for the PS4 in my opinion.

Sony wants to avoid those mistakes again, especially after seeing the Vita suffer, the PS4 will be cheaper than the PS3 at launch (okay, that isn't hard), but I am fairly sure that we will see games from all these studios within the first year

Also, unless Polyphony are working on GT Vita, they should be able to get the next one out before too long.

And finally, both M$ and Sony will be shouting at Acti to get CoD on next gen at launch and make it good, all 3 want consoles to stay strong for at least another generation, there is no way mobile and tablet gaming can give Acti their CoD bn$ per year

What happened at launch? Hmm, let's see:

People waited in line for at least 24 hours to get the system.

Fights broke out in some areas.

The system sold out almost immediately until January of 2007 (When I bought mine).

The system was being sold on Ebay for over $1K, and people were actually buying them.

But all that aside, I'm pretty sure Polyphony, Guerilla Games, Media Molecule, Sucker Punch, and Naughty Dog will have launch titles. Because you're right in saying that SONY won't be making that mistake twice.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

Naughty Dog has been waiting for the next console to launch the next Uncharted game. They dont release the next game without some sort of graphical power leap and admitted the next one would come in the next gen.

adriane23 said:
Munkeh111 said:
adriane23 said:

The system sold out almost immediately until January of 2007 (When I bought mine).

The system was being sold on Ebay for over $1K, and people were actually buying them.

But all that aside, I'm pretty sure Polyphony, Guerilla Games, Media Molecule, Sucker Punch, and Naughty Dog will have launch titles. Because you're right in saying that SONY won't be making that mistake twice.

What happened shortly after launch? It struggled because it didn't have many games, people got bored of Resistance and MotorStorm. They then had to drop the price rather quickly

Munkeh111 said:
adriane23 said:
Munkeh111 said:
adriane23 said:

What happened shortly after launch? It struggled because it didn't have many games, people got bored of Resistance and MotorStorm. They then had to drop the price rather quickly

If that's what you were getting at, then your original question should've been, "What happened 5 months after launch?"

adriane23 said:
Munkeh111 said:
adriane23 said:
Munkeh111 said:
adriane23 said:

If that's what you were getting at, then your original question should've been, "What happened 5 months after launch?"

Launch window? I dunno, I guess I have a slightly different perspective on it given that I am in the UK, so it came out 4 months later.... But I am in the minority since I thought £425 was decent value for what it offered

Munkeh111 said:
adriane23 said:
Munkeh111 said:
adriane23 said:
Munkeh111 said:
adriane23 said:

Launch window? I dunno, I guess I have a slightly different perspective on it given that I am in the UK, so it came out 4 months later.... But I am in the minority since I thought £425 was decent value for what it offered

Ah my mistake then. I was only thinking about the U.S. and Japanese launch.