By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If GG, MM, Suckerpunch, and ND don't have PS4 launch titles, will you still get PS4 this year?

Would you buy in 2013?

yes 90 58.82%

no 63 41.18%

Total:153

Blackfriday 2014.

Around the Network

will buy if:
1.price less than 450euros,
2.Siren game
3.console rpg title

I strongly doubt that at least one of the developers cited in the article title, will not have a game ready for the PS4 launch.

It would be a major sign of incompetence from Sony management IMO.

Suckerpunch and GG will defo have games at launch.

zumnupy10 said:
I strongly doubt that at least one of the developers cited in the article title, will not have a game ready for the PS4 launch.

It would be a major sign of incompetence from Sony management IMO.

Well it's supposed to be off the shelf parts so after working with cell it should be easy to develope for.  However imagine how great of graphics they demand from Guerilla since KZ, Uncharted, and GoW are basically the graphical flagships of PS3.  We don't know how long developement cycles will be next gen.  I mean ND and Insomniac used to get games out every year pretty easily and now they take 2 (well not Insomniac and they managed to do Resistance the ToD in 06 and 07 but that's the exception).  They will all have to make new engines to run their respective franchises next gen if they want to take advantage of the visuals.  I think if they provide concrete release dates at E3 for the games they would be fine, even if they came out in Q1 2014 (provided they have SOME big exclusive at launch).

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
platformmaster918 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Depends..is the Santa Monica game available at launch? :P

Honestly too early to tell..but I would be absolutely surprised if there isn't at least a sucker punch game available for the launch

forgot about their 2 teams now well no

I am expecting, GG, Planetside 2 ported, Sucker Punch Title in the launch period with the Santa Monica game to be released in the following Fall

honestly im expecting the SSM game (if they are really two teams now) to be a launch tittle. if they are really two teams now and have been since GoW3 then they wold have had 3 and half years to make the game, sounds like enough. they need a "must buy" game at launch to try attract people in the Usa to buy it over the xbox720. sony did learn to have a good launch line up, its clear with the Vita (uncharted) even though the vita sales are bad, its more down to price issues.

Yes, even if the system had no games at all, I would still buy it! :D

DraconianAC said:
If there is anything I learned from this generation of gaming is that nothing is worth buying at launch. It's always best to give it some time and see the direction the company will take, possible price discounts, and possible bugs with the hardware to consider before taking the plunge and riding on their wagon of propaganda and feel good campaign. Hey!, its 7 years or so that you will probably have the console, so if your gonna make that long a commitments, I say give it some time and not jump into things so quickly.

Well, I bought a psvita day one and i've had no problems with the hardware and there were always more great games available than I had time to play. The only downside is that I would have paid less if I waited till Christmas. But that applies to any game or gaming console, cell phones etc.

Yes i will still get a ps4 if there are no frist party games.

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

riderz13371 said:
ganoncrotch said:
platformmaster918 said:

Obviously it hasn't been confirmed that it's coming out in 2013, but let's throw hypotheticals on top of hypotheticals anyway.  Say PS4 launches this Fall.  Sony reveals in the early part of this year.  They show full details at E3 (pricing, SKUs, release date, games), but 3 big games from GG, MM, Suckerpunch, and ND are revealed to be coming out in early 2014 and given release dates.  Would you still buy PS4 at launch.  Note that there will obviously be SOME games for it and big third party stuff will look better as I believe the system will do 1080p 60fps and have about 4gb of RAM for multitasking.

2 threads of this but I actually sadly don't know who you are talking about with making games? which companies do those stand for?

GG = Guerilla Games = Killzone series

MM = Media Molecule = LittleBigPlanet 1+2 and Tearaway

Suckerpunch = Sucker Punch = inFamous 1+2 (Sly Cooper PS2 era)

ND = Naughty Dog = Uncharted 1+2+3, The Last of Us (Crash Bandicoot PS1 era and Jak & Daxter PS2 era)

Don't forget Sony Japan.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.