By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If GG, MM, Suckerpunch, and ND don't have PS4 launch titles, will you still get PS4 this year?

Would you buy in 2013?

yes 90 58.82%

no 63 41.18%

Total:153

I'm getting a PS4 no matter what.

Expecing Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch AND Guerilla Games to have launch titles is asking way too much.

Around the Network
Augen said:
I am perfectly content with my PS3, even if the PS4 came out at $400 with a great line up I'd have no issue waiting a year or so while I work on my backlog of games.

I hope they have a BC attachment for it as I don't have room at school for 2 boxes and will be picking up a bunch of PS3 games on Black Friday that come out in the first half of this year (LoU, GTA5, Bioshock, Puppeteer, Beyond, Sly, GoW, and Tomb Raider) that I simply can't afford to get at launch.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

VGKing said:

Expecing Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch AND Guerilla Games to have launch titles is asking way too much.

I'm expecting GG to be launch and ND to be Uncharted for holiday 2014

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:

ND released Jak 3 in 05 then Uncharted in 07.  If they can do that while mastering the cell they won't take 3 years to move on from Uncharted 3 to the off-the-shelves parts of PS4.  They normally release around holidays so they will either be 2013 holiday or 2014 holiday.

I think they regreted releasing UC3 when they did tbh. I love the game but it was definitely lacking polish. Few more months in the oven would have done it wonders..and I'm referring to the SP here. I believe they have said they won't do it again so I think they will take their time. Given they are one of sony's best studios now I think they will get more room in how things get done. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

VGKing said:

Probably wouldn't be good to have too many great games at launch. Divided sales won't make any of the publishers happy.

Around the Network

IF GT6 is a launch title then hell yeah!

M.U.G.E.N said:
platformmaster918 said:

ND released Jak 3 in 05 then Uncharted in 07.  If they can do that while mastering the cell they won't take 3 years to move on from Uncharted 3 to the off-the-shelves parts of PS4.  They normally release around holidays so they will either be 2013 holiday or 2014 holiday.

I think they regreted releasing UC3 when they did tbh. I love the game but it was definitely lacking polish. Few more months in the oven would have done it wonders..and I'm referring to the SP here. I believe they have said they won't do it again so I think they will take their time. Given they are one of sony's best studios now I think they will get more room in how things get done. 

that's weird I got it at launch and it was my favorite Uncharted to date.  I never play MP but I just loved the pacing (took its time) and set pieces the most out of the entire series

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
platformmaster918 said:

that's weird I got it at launch and it was my favorite Uncharted to date.  I never play MP but I just loved the pacing (took its time) and set pieces the most out of the entire series

I definitely didn't think it was as polished as UC2 was..UC2 was just flawless. UC3 story and presentation was a bit messy at points. And again I love the game but I don't think the SP was as good as the UC2 SP overall despite having some levels (such as the ship level) best in the whole series. 

MP is a different ball game tho UC3 MP >>>> UC2 MP

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

CGI-Quality said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

I think they regreted releasing UC3 when they did tbh. I love the game but it was definitely lacking polish. Few more months in the oven would have done it wonders..and I'm referring to the SP here.

What about the single player do you think lacked polish?

The story..it felt a bit rushed and all over the place. The relationship between drake and elena...drakes past. I didn't feel they did as good of a job as UC2 story wise. Especially towards the end I felt it was a bit too rushed. Especially the whole incident with Marlowe. But the biggest issue was ...Talbot

check this vid out he points out the problems much better 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY5OA0QKEFQ&playnext=1&list=PL731C295AFE2516BB&feature=results_video

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

CGI-Quality said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
CGI-Quality said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

I think they regreted releasing UC3 when they did tbh. I love the game but it was definitely lacking polish. Few more months in the oven would have done it wonders..and I'm referring to the SP here.

What about the single player do you think lacked polish?

The story..it felt a bit rushed and all over the place. The relationship between drake and elena...drakes past. I didn't feel they did as good of a job as UC2 story wise. Especially towards the end I felt it was a bit too rushed. Especially the whole incident with Marlowe. But the biggest issue was ...Talbot

check this vid out he points out the problems much better 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY5OA0QKEFQ&playnext=1&list=PL731C295AFE2516BB&feature=results_video

Eh, I highly disagree, but I know I'm on VGC, where I'm in the minority when I say that both Drake's Fortune and Drake's Deception had better stories than Among Thieves. They were more personal, made me care for the characters more. Among Thieves just felt like a very well made Summer flick, which was nothing short of spectacular I might add, but didn't hold my attention like either of the other two.

Guess we have to agree to disagree bud. For the record I think the 'story' of UC3 was great ...but poorly told. If I had to rank the series now based on SP, it would be

UC2 > UC GA > UC3 > UC1

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!