By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If GG, MM, Suckerpunch, and ND don't have PS4 launch titles, will you still get PS4 this year?

Would you buy in 2013?

yes 90 58.82%

no 63 41.18%

Total:153
M.U.G.E.N said:

I am expecting, GG, Planetside 2 ported, Sucker Punch Title in the launch period with the Santa Monica game to be released in the following Fall

Yes please.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
Chandler said:
KylieDog said:
I will not buy any console on launch again. Companies cannot keep there promises regarding scheduled releases. Nintendo are the worst from personal experience with the 3DS, launch titles>launch window>some almost a year later, plus a bunch of listed games were completely fabricated.

Yeah Nintendo is clearly the worst offender here *cough* Resident Evil Portable *cough* Elder Scrolls Portable *cough* Agent *cough* TLG *cough* FFvXIII *cough* Monster Hunter Vita *cough* Bioshock Vita *cough* FFX HD. I have to apologize for I am ill right now, so I cough a lot.

Is it the flu? It's been spreading around recently, so I've had to treat coughing the same way I'd usually treat a bioterrorist attack.

WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

I am expecting, GG, Planetside 2 ported, Sucker Punch Title in the launch period with the Santa Monica game to be released in the following Fall

Yes please.

Did you see that IGN video where this was heavily hinted? I will try and find it but they had one of the guys behind the gmae for an interview and he was asked if we will get to see it on the ps3..he said not BUT then he said..well it doesn't mean you will not see it well say in a future other console? lol 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

And keep in mind people, GG is working on Three games at least now. One is G Cambridge on KZ Vita

and one of the other projects is hinted to be a RPG ;)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
platformmaster918 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Depends..is the Santa Monica game available at launch? :P

Honestly too early to tell..but I would be absolutely surprised if there isn't at least a sucker punch game available for the launch

forgot about their 2 teams now well no

I expect Uncharted either at launch (ND is crazy efficient so I'm not counting this out) or the following Fall as their holiday blockbuster.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Chandler said:
KylieDog said:
I will not buy any console on launch again. Companies cannot keep there promises regarding scheduled releases. Nintendo are the worst from personal experience with the 3DS, launch titles>launch window>some almost a year later, plus a bunch of listed games were completely fabricated.

Yeah Nintendo is clearly the worst offender here *cough* Resident Evil Portable *cough* Elder Scrolls Portable *cough* Agent *cough* TLG *cough* FFvXIII *cough* Monster Hunter Vita *cough* Bioshock Vita *cough* FFX HD. I have to apologize for I am ill right now, so I cough a lot.

We've seen evidence of a lot of those games, and those companies told Sony they making those games.  In Nintendos case, they admitted the games they listed weren't ever confirmed to them by third parties and only that the games they listed were by third parties spoken to.

News to me. Source?

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

M.U.G.E.N said:
F0X said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Yes please.

Did you see that IGN video where this was heavily hinted? I will try and find it but they had one of the guys behind the gmae for an interview and he was asked if we will get to see it on the ps3..he said not BUT then he said..well it doesn't mean you will not see it well say in a future other console? lol 

Interesting. A proper PlanetSide 2 port would be a great boon to the PS4.

F0X said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
F0X said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Yes please.

Found it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VKFwgMNbIE

it's mentioned around 15:25 mark

I liked the Oribis? what? haha

@Platformmaster: Dunno man, we have other devs who have had much longer time period than ND to make games for the next system. Especially w/e Stig is working on at Santa Monica has been going on since around 2010 I think. I'm thinking they might use Uncharted as a tech demo OR just showcase it next year at E3 and release the year after. 

Who knows though..I posted some new info on the Official vita thread about this..that ND might be expanding even more..which could just mean a 3rd team :D (fingers crossed if it happens that team will be vita centric)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

M.U.G.E.N said:
F0X said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
F0X said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Yes please.

Found it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VKFwgMNbIE

it's mentioned around 15:25 mark

I liked the Oribis? what? haha

@Platformmaster: Dunno man, we have other devs who have had much longer time period than ND to make games for the next system. Especially w/e Stig is working on at Santa Monica has been going on since around 2010 I think. I'm thinking they might use Uncharted as a tech demo OR just showcase it next year at E3 and release the year after. 

Who knows though..I posted some new info on the Official vita thread about this..that ND might be expanding even more..which could just mean a 3rd team :D (fingers crossed if it happens that team will be vita centric)

ND released Jak 3 in 05 then Uncharted in 07.  If they can do that while mastering the cell they won't take 3 years to move on from Uncharted 3 to the off-the-shelves parts of PS4.  They normally release around holidays so they will either be 2013 holiday or 2014 holiday.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I am perfectly content with my PS3, even if the PS4 came out at $400 with a great line up I'd have no issue waiting a year or so while I work on my backlog of games.