By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ni no Kuni western sales? Predictions?

Tagged games:

Soriku said:
Boutros said:
Soriku said:
Boutros said:

It's currently Amazon.com's best seller, a feet games like Xenoblade or Tales of Graces F never achieved. It's going to sell much better than most other JRPGs on consoles this gen (outside of the big names).

I think Namco will be very satisfied by the sales.

That being said I do believe we have it overtracked on the pre-order chart.

Xenoblade made it. Remember back when Monado was #1 when the campaign happened?

It was even in the top 10 trending Twitter topics WW at one point. Now, this was back when the game wasn't slated for NA yet, and I'm not sure how well the game did on Amazon once it was announced for NA, but Xenoblade came out like 8 months after the EU release and a lot of people had imported and a lot of hype had died down (relatively). Ninokuni is coming to NA/EU at the same time. I wish we had a better idea of what Xenoblade sold but at least Reggie said it did well for them. I think Ninokuni will do well too but we won't see how well it does until NPD.

All those pre-orders were cancelled though lol

Xenoblade was exclusive to Gamestop.

I missed this post. All the preorders were canceled but I'd imagine the majority of people who really wanted the game and put in a preorder at Amazon bought it when it became available through Gamestop and Nintendo's site anyway...

Maybe but then again that spike in pre-orders was very temporary and was due to an overwhelming amount of hype regarding Operation Rainfall. Surely a lot of people calmed down and ended up not pre-ordering again. Like people regretting funding Kickstarter projects lol

Ni No Kuni is Amazon's best selling video game and it will keep that spot or close to that spot until it comes out which I think has not been equaled before by a JRPG in a long while. That's why I think it will perform better than games like Tales of Graces F or The Last Story or Xenoblade.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Soriku said:
Boutros said:
Soriku said:
Boutros said:

It's currently Amazon.com's best seller, a feet games like Xenoblade or Tales of Graces F never achieved. It's going to sell much better than most other JRPGs on consoles this gen (outside of the big names).

I think Namco will be very satisfied by the sales.

That being said I do believe we have it overtracked on the pre-order chart.

Xenoblade made it. Remember back when Monado was #1 when the campaign happened?

It was even in the top 10 trending Twitter topics WW at one point. Now, this was back when the game wasn't slated for NA yet, and I'm not sure how well the game did on Amazon once it was announced for NA, but Xenoblade came out like 8 months after the EU release and a lot of people had imported and a lot of hype had died down (relatively). Ninokuni is coming to NA/EU at the same time. I wish we had a better idea of what Xenoblade sold but at least Reggie said it did well for them. I think Ninokuni will do well too but we won't see how well it does until NPD.

All those pre-orders were cancelled though lol

Xenoblade was exclusive to Gamestop.

I missed this post. All the preorders were canceled but I'd imagine the majority of people who really wanted the game and put in a preorder at Amazon bought it when it became available through Gamestop and Nintendo's site anyway...

Maybe but then again that spike in pre-orders was very temporary and was due to an overwhelming amount of hype regarding Operation Rainfall. Surely a lot of people calmed down and ended up not pre-ordering again. Like people regretting funding Kickstarter projects lol

Ni No Kuni is Amazon's best selling video game and it will keep that spot or close to that spot until it comes out which I think has not been equaled before by a JRPG in a long while. That's why I think it will perform better than games like Tales of Graces F or The Last Story or Xenoblade.

God points I can agree with this. 

Boutros said:

and I think it's quite a good achivement that Ni no Kuni made it into the top 20 of amazons 2013 video game bestsellers (yea, the year is very young): http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013/videogames/ref=zg_bsar_cal_ye

yesterday I saw it jump from place 26 to 20 in that list, let's see how it fares until release

it just topped CoD:BO2 PS3 in the amazon yearly chart for 2013

that doesn't mean that I think it will do more than ~130k first week in US (that's what that CoD version should approximately be at this year), but atleast at amazon the game seems to be quite popular

Lafiel said:

it just topped CoD:BO2 PS3 in the amazon yearly chart for 2013

that doesn't mean that I think it will do more than ~130k first week in US (that's what that CoD version should approximately be at this year), but atleast at amazon the game seems to be quite popular

Gamestop not having enough steelbooks to satisfy preorders could also be an indicator of good sales.

Then on top of that the Wizard's Edition sells great due to demand. Same thing with the steelcase. Damn case sells for over $40!

Now all they need is a proper TV commercial that starts off by saying "From the studio that brought you Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away" or even "The World of Arrietty" since that is their newest film I believe.

Should no doubt help shift copies.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

This is the worst part, it is in transit and hopefully be here by Friday (knowing my luck arrive on Monday).

Soon Ni No Kuni...soon

Just got a copy of Ni No Kuni from Gamestop and the employee tossed in a Pre-Order steelbook for free. One of the best experiences i've had there in awhile.