By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ni no Kuni western sales? Predictions?

Tagged games:

Otakumegane said:
NintendoPie said:
I can't see this game doing more than 300k copies. Which is sad because this game really, truly deserves to have all the sales it can get. America just isn't a JRPG madhouse.

They used to be more open towards them, I think part of the reason is the decline of Final Fantasy and other Jrpgs in terms of quality and storytelling, and part the rise of quality of games like Mass Effect/Bioshock.

Personally I think that Japan will always lose in the graphics front, Western devs simply have more resources. I would prefer if they stuck to great art style/gameplay and acceptable graphics. (The floating building things in Halo 4 didn't impact me as much as the moving pistons of Xenoblade). I mean sticking to the traditional turn-based combat might not be such a good idea anymore.

I think this is largely a lie. People get angry when they get what they want. Innovation, but not too much and most will unjusitifibly hate you and your game for it. Look at what happened for Mass Effect, people didn't get what they wanted and whined until Bioware gave in.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
NintendoPie said:
I can't see this game doing more than 300k copies. Which is sad because this game really, truly deserves to have all the sales it can get. America just isn't a JRPG madhouse.

They used to be more open towards them, I think part of the reason is the decline of Final Fantasy and other Jrpgs in terms of quality and storytelling, and part the rise of quality of games like Mass Effect/Bioshock.

Personally I think that Japan will always lose in the graphics front, Western devs simply have more resources. I would prefer if they stuck to great art style/gameplay and acceptable graphics. (The floating building things in Halo 4 didn't impact me as much as the moving pistons of Xenoblade). I mean sticking to the traditional turn-based combat might not be such a good idea anymore.

I know that NA isn't as crazy for JRPG's as they used to be, that is why I have a low prediction.

The game reached lvl 2+ on the Ninostarter back in August for the Wizard's Edition and those are not factored into VGC numbers at all.

No idea how many were needed for the %s to go up, but it moved slowly after a preorder.

It is also #4 on PS3 Bestsellers at Gamestop & #1 bestseller on Amazon.com in the Videogame section.

I think it will surpass 100k easy FW.

Edit - No idea why I initially said 40k...

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Will sell great for those who like to play with little boys.

Euphoria14 said:

The game reached lvl 2+ on the Ninostarter back in August for the Wizard's Edition and those are not factored into VGC numbers at all.

No idea how many were needed for the %s to go up, but it moved slowly after a preorder.

It is also #4 on PS3 Bestsellers at Gamestop & #1 bestseller on Amazon.com in the Videogame section.

What do you think it'll do LT? I think that the first few weeks will be good to it but it should drop off quickly.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Euphoria14 said:

What do you think it'll do LT? I think that the first few weeks will be good to it but it should drop off quickly.

I really have no idea. I think it will depend on word of mouth. Won't have a decent idea until at least a few weeks in.

All I know is that I am going to grab one of those last minute Wizard's Editions for $100 that Namco is granting in about 18 minutes and it sells online for $200+ already.

I also have it preordered at Gamestop so I can get the Steelbook.

Steelbook + Wizards Edition + LE Guide on eBay right now = $374 w/ 22 bids and 2 days left. O_o

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Happy to say ill be adding to the sale numbers, I just preordered my copy. This is the first game Ive preordered since battlefront 2.

Euphoria14 said:

I really have no idea. I think it will depend on word of mouth. Won't have a decent idea until at least a few weeks in.

All I know is that I am going to grab one of those last minute Wizard's Editions for $100 that Namco is granting in about 18 minutes and it sells online for $200+ already.

Steelbook + Wizards Edition + LE Guide on eBay right now = $374 w/ 22 bids and 2 days left. O_o

Woah! I wonder if they are in short stock with the demand they are getting for them, it seems.

NintendoPie said:
Euphoria14 said:

Woah! I wonder if they are in short stock with the demand they are getting for them, it seems.

They are. Back in August they had a thing on the Namco store called "Ninostarter", Boutros made a thread for it. It lasted until the end of August I think.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=145549&page=3

I was supposed to buy it then but kept holding off and by the time I got around the ordering it I did not realize it was (1) day after the Ninostarter ended. I thought I was totally out of luck. It is the only way to get this Edition in the US and/or Canada.

Today they announce that they will reopen it at 11AM PST for one last time and I am making sure I get it this time!

Currently playing:

They got about 16% through Goal #3 on the Ninostarter before it ended 135 days ago. Each Goal they reached added more swag to the Wizard's Edition. Goal #1 added (5) 6X9 Premium Art prints and Goal #2 added a special collector's edition Golden Wizards Coin.

You get all of this with the Wizard's Edition right now.

The Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - Wizard's Edition includes:

• A copy of Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for PlayStation®3
  • A 340 page hardcover copy of The Wizard's Companion, the in-game spellbook containing a full bestiary, in-depth descriptions of the other world's items, spells and background of its rich history
  • A plush doll of Drippy, Oliver's guide through his adventure
  • Exclusive "golden mite" and "golden drongo" DLC familiars
  • An exclusive Wizard's Edition coin
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Wizard's Edition Special Music Selection CD
  • A set of 5 Ni no Kuni artwork cards
  • http://ninostarter.com/

Currently playing: