By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ni no Kuni western sales? Predictions?

Tagged games:

Over 9000!!!
I think we are looking for very long game sales on this one, just like Valkyria Chronicles.Game is getting very positive reviews and is one of the few Jprg:s to do so.Most gamers (like me) won't pick this up in first day, but soon as word gets around and people are bored on their Call of dutys..Boom.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network
Soriku said:
ulieq said:
Will sell great for those who like to play with little boys.

Why do people say this about this game when Zelda: OoT is considered the best game of all time by a lot of people and you play as a similarly aged kid for like half the game?

Not worth it Soriku. He is obviously so much more mature and grown up than we are.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Soriku said:
Mad55 said:
Soriku said:
People are going to be disappointed when NPD numbers come out for the game. VGC has it at 75k preorders right now but it's likely overtracked like every other JRPG on here.

For some perspective, Tales of Graces F only sold around 60k in NA LTD and there were a lot of people clamoring about that to release here. Persona 4 on PS2, one of the most popular JRPGs in recent years, sold 110k LTD in NA. KH Dream Drop Distance, a much bigger game in an established series sold a little over 220k first month. And yes VGC has them all overtracked.

Honestly if it cracks 100k in just NA I'd consider that a success. It's just not the nature of the JRPG these days to sell hundreds of thousands of copies.

Where did you get those numbers from?

Tales of Graces F - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=144925 (you posted in this thread)

Persona 4 - http://www.siliconera.com/2009/10/06/well-how-many-copies-did-persona-4-and-devil-survivor-sell/

KH DDD - http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/07/actually-kingdom-hearts-3d-sold-over-200000-copies-in-the-u-s/ (it says "well beyond 200k" which we figured to be around 220k in the August NPD. Last we heard from the most recent NPD a few days ago it sold somewhere under 400k. VGC has it at 550k in NA.)

ulieq said:
Will sell great for those who like to play with little boys.

Why do people say this about this game when Zelda: OoT is considered the best game of all time by a lot of people and you play as a similarly aged kid for like half the game?

Yes I can agree with all those numbers to an extent but the graces thread from npd said 60,000 for that frst month im guessing. I can see it having had crawled past 100k or even 200k by now though vgchartz did show most of those sales happening much sooner than a smal crawl. Though I always support good Jrpgs and will get NINOKUNI and xillia this year and I know exactly how you feel in terms of the sales of jrpgs as of late. Lets just hope vgchartzs is right with ninokuni. 

Unfortunately it will bomb like all other recent PS3 exclusives.

Bristow9091 said:
Piernik said:

What makes you say that?

Also, does anyone know if we'll be getting the extra Wizard's Edition goods in the EU? It'd be a shame if we don't...

Unfortunately these responses are all you get out of him.

Ignore him and he will get bored and go away.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Piernik said:

What makes you say that?

sells of:

- starhawk

- battle royale

- modnation racer

- little big palent karting

- resisntace 3

- ratcher all 4 one

- latest ratchet crap game

- twisted metal

and many many more...

Bristow9091 said:
Piernik said:

What makes you say that?

Also, does anyone know if we'll be getting the extra Wizard's Edition goods in the EU? It'd be a shame if we don't...

Nope you don't :(

I just started to play my jpn version today (bought it in november, but well.. I have a giant backlog) and it's really simple japanese and all kanji have furiganas, so even people who only know kana can read it.

500k this year, 800k lifetime. Or it might just sell 100k overall :/

It is likely to be the only game I pre-order this year, and just today I dropped $100 to pre-order the Wizard Edition, so doing my bit to support this amazing game that I am guessing has 80% chance to be my GOTY