By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ni no Kuni western sales? Predictions?

Tagged games:

Less then it desevers

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
the2real4mafol said:
at least half a million, maybe more. I definitely buying it now, i saw all the trailers, the game will be amazing

Yes, yes it will. I've had the Wizard's Edition preordered ever since it was announced, it sucks though that it was delayed in the EU, atleast it's only a week, AND I get a free familiar as an apology, thanks Bamco! :D

I reckon it's going to become my favourite JRPG on the PS3, can't wait for it!

I don't normally care for games like this, but this has just grabbed my interest. Also, that free bonus for the delay should be done in more games, it's great that they done it

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Bristow9091 said:
the2real4mafol said:
Bristow9091 said:
the2real4mafol said:
at least half a million, maybe more. I definitely buying it now, i saw all the trailers, the game will be amazing

Yes, yes it will. I've had the Wizard's Edition preordered ever since it was announced, it sucks though that it was delayed in the EU, atleast it's only a week, AND I get a free familiar as an apology, thanks Bamco! :D

I reckon it's going to become my favourite JRPG on the PS3, can't wait for it!

I don't normally care for games like this, but this has just grabbed my interest. Also, that free bonus for the delay should be done in more games, it's great that they done it

Have you played the demo yet? Actually seeing it for yourself on your own screen... it's gorgeous. And yeah I agree, free stuff as an apology for delays should be done more often, it's a really nice gesture, and I'm greatful they've done it.

No, i had no idea there was a demo. I'll download it tonight :)

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

This game deserves as many sales it can get, hopefully it get's atleast a million in the west.

Depends on the marketing. If there are TV advertisements I think it could do well.

I've pre-ordered the special edition so their getting my sale day 1, Hopefully word of mouth will help.

Around the Network

650k this year, will definetly do 1m worldwide.

LET'S GO KNICKS

2013: 300k

I'm thinking it will do about 150k - 200k this year and do about 500k - 600k lifetime. If it gets ported to other platforms I could see it breaking 1m. Since it's a remake of a NDS game and made by the 3rd party Level 5 and published by the 3rd party Namco I see no reason why it can not or should not be ported. All 3rd party games should be multiplatform unless a hardware company pays for it to be exclusive. If Namco wants to make real money they should have Level 5 or another company port the crap out of that sucker.

500K in the west to 0.7 million overall.  I'm being optimistic I think.

The 4 most comparable titles
Xenoblade sold 0.6 million in the west 0.16 in japan. and got stellar reviews.
The Last Story sold 0.26 in the west and 0.18 in japan.
Lost Odyssey 0.75 in the west 0.11 in Japan (this parts skewed because of obvious reasons.)
Persona 4 sold 0.42 in the west and 0.36 in japan, and got stellar reviews.

Star Oceans numbers are around there as well.

Vgchartz preorders are aweful in accuracy.