By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Will Sell The PS4 ?

PS sold well it had exclusives and a CD drive

ps2 also exclusive games and a DvD drive

ps3 less exclusives and a BD drive

so my question is what next ? i dont see so many exclusives as in the PS/PS2 days ...a new drive , new way to play ? No. The only thing left for them is the brands name Playstation/Sony and European customers. how can they differ themselves from ninty and MS ?

just want to hear opinions not a doom thread :S

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

im gonna go on a limb and say games

Retailers.

Sex. Sex always sells.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Brand strength. Games. Superior online services.

Around the Network

I'm sure a lot of people will say better graphics but I'm personally don't see it as a selling point, especially considering better graphics = more expensive. 

Anyway I think the selling point will be exclusive games, that of course includes Uncharted, GoW, new ips etc. But outside of games the selling point will be the PS4 as a big multimedia console.

Nintendo and PC gamer

yea and a mulimedia console is also expensive soo... someone mentioned online servise nay dont think of it that much as any other console has it 

there rly needs to be something everyone wants and that is a PS4 nexgen 200 bucks which simply can not happen :D

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

I suppose their exclusives. I would have said lower price compared to Xbox as well, cause if the rumors of them making a less powerful console are true, then it should be cheaper than the Xbox, but then, they are making the console to be profitable, so it will probably priced the same or a little more expensive than xbox cause they won't sell it at a loss.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

BasilZero said:
Red-Ray = The extended version of Blu-Ray.

Hopefully it will not having heating issues.

Red ray IS dvd

Yay!!!

What will sell the PS4?

Shops and Internet Retailers. Also consumers once they decide to trade it in/sell it on.