By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's Time To Choose A New Console King... Long Live The King

PARTY TIME BITCHES!

Around the Network
pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:

So you are telling us that a console that has so far sold the least amount and has earned the least amount of money by far deserves it? And really this whole question sounds dumb to me.  I feel like a kid is asking this question and what deserves "king".

This is the king of sales, not money. A king can be poor just like a normal person. As to the other part of your question, I already answered that. It's selling by far the most now year after year, so it's the current king.

2 years is not year after year Pezus.  And sells includes profits.  Playstation lost the most this generation as far as market share goes.  They lost a ton of money for years.  Xbox and wii has drastically sold more from last generation and has made a ton of money.  As I said, no matter how you slice it Playstation has not done well this generation.  Sure they have some good games but it doesn't matter when everything they have done has failed because Im sure they was not happy losing 120 million consoles in marketshare.  

EDIT: in case you are wondering about that 120m part.  X360 has sold 50m more xboxs and Wii has sold 70m more wii's than last generation.  

Bold: Huh, yes it is. Sales do not include profits, no. Do you see profits in a bracket beside the numbers here each week? Nope. But keep bringing up excuses, the King will listen to them all and judge accordingly

Italics: That is a ridiculous thing to say. So Nintendo/Sega lost 110m in marketshare when Sony released the PS1?

2 out of 7 years is what i mean and you know that ;)  No excuses, I believe you are the one who is making up excuses.  

let's look at it this way.  

Gamecube 21m  Wii 97m Software = 838m

XBOX - 24m X360 - 74m Software =738m 20m+ kinects XBLG

PS2 - 153m PS3 - 72m Software = 640m 

As I said, not it is not.  It has lost the most this gen.

EDIT: And yes Nintendo/Sega lost 110 marketshare to sony.  If sony wouldnt have came into the picture history would have been different. Same goes to XBOX and sony.  If MSFT wouldnt have made the X360 then Sony's numbers would increase by a big margin.

.......Sigh

3rd place = King?

Your PS2 forefathers would facepalm so hard.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:

Bold: Huh, yes it is. Sales do not include profits, no. Do you see profits in a bracket beside the numbers here each week? Nope. But keep bringing up excuses, the King will listen to them all and judge accordingly

Italics: That is a ridiculous thing to say. So Nintendo/Sega lost 110m in marketshare when Sony released the PS1?

As I said, not it is not.  It has lost the most this gen.

Obviously, since MS and Nintendo had almost nothing to lose lol. But PS3 will end up with sales near 100m, which is on par with PS1. PS2 was an unprecedented phenomenon that was the king of kings. Now PS3 takes the crown.

lmao I love how you ignore the rest of my post.  Let's look at it again ;)

Gamecube 21m  Wii 97m Software = 838m

XBOX - 24m X360 - 74m Software =738m 20m+ kinects XBLG

PS2 - 153m PS3 - 72m Software = 640m 

this thread should have atleast 200 posts within the next few hours

Around the Network
pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:

So you are telling us that a console that has so far sold the least amount and has earned the least amount of money by far deserves it? And really this whole question sounds dumb to me.  I feel like a kid is asking this question and what deserves "king".

This is the king of sales, not money. A king can be poor just like a normal person. As to the other part of your question, I already answered that. It's selling by far the most now year after year, so it's the current king.

2 years is not year after year Pezus.  And sells includes profits.  Playstation lost the most this generation as far as market share goes.  They lost a ton of money for years.  Xbox and wii has drastically sold more from last generation and has made a ton of money.  As I said, no matter how you slice it Playstation has not done well this generation.  Sure they have some good games but it doesn't matter when everything they have done has failed because Im sure they was not happy losing 120 million consoles in marketshare.  

EDIT: in case you are wondering about that 120m part.  X360 has sold 50m more xboxs and Wii has sold 70m more wii's than last generation.  

I dont think theres anything wrong with citing gen over gen change. You going two gens back is kinda a bigger stretch.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
.......Sigh

3rd place = King?

Your PS2 forefathers would facepalm so hard.

Will you change all your arguments once PS3 takes second place later this year? I know what it's going to be, but will you admit it now? Ethomaz is one of our PS2 forefathers, so he has the right. You on the other hand have no right to determine anything, as you will end up in 3rd place.

It aint happening yet, partying a little too soon, as you all have been for years.

One November comes along, I happily hand the reigns over to you guys in a then irrelevant generation, as I then shift my attention to the next Xbox beating the PS4 :)

FYI, Ethomaz seems insane :P, its as if 7 years of CRAVING to get out of last have finally burst otu now that its finally within reach. Funny thing is that on YT, hundreds of people told me that PS3 fans never cared about sales. I always told them they were wrong :)

I am suprised that this thread is still kicking, I thought that it would be locked.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Ah you just can't argue with the sdf, they are always right. They say sales matter not profits. You say so the wii is king, they say no only recent sales matter. Going on from that x360 is king because it sold the most in the holidays... etc etc. Some people just need te grow up or get a life

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Well this thread got hot fast. I don't see any reason to lock though.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5