By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's Time To Choose A New Console King... Long Live The King

Somini said:
S.Peelman said:
Somini said:
ethomaz said:

S.Peelman said:

Kings aren't elected.

To become King, you need to be next in line of the throne, which is almost always the oldest child of the previous King. This means XBox 360 is crowned the new King, since that is the oldest child of this generation. When it dies, WiiU will be next.

PS3 the new King confirmed .

Shouldn't we call it an Emperor though since it's the PS3?

An Emperor could be elected depending on the form of government, but could also be hereditary. An Emperor rules an Empire, which is a collection of different peoples and lands.

The PS3 however, rules no one .

It does rule the hearts and minds of many fans and gamers around the world. And if we need to specify it by lands well then the Ps3 is the Emperor of Europe .

Most likely yes!

Around the Network

LONG LIVE THE KING

JayWood2010 said:
You continue to make Playstation fans look bad ethomaz.

We cannot say that:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=150866

pezus said:
Grandia said:
pezus said:
Grandia said:
Jesus said the last will be the first. So problably this is the subtext this thread sould tell us?
Beside of that I have really no idea why the console on the last place should be the new king.

Look at the weekly charts again. Then the yearly charts for the past two years

And it changes what? The PS3 is still on the last place, still 2 Million behinde the 360 and 30 Million behinde the Wii. And we are now at the end of this console generation.

It means PS3 is the king. We are at the end of the generation, yet PS3 almost triples the new generation console. What is that if not the sales of a king?

So you are telling us that a console that has so far sold the least amount and has earned the least amount of money by far deserves it? And really this whole question sounds dumb to me.  I feel like a kid is asking this question and what deserves "king".

pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:
Grandia said:
Jesus said the last will be the first. So problably this is the subtext this thread sould tell us?
Beside of that I have really no idea why the console on the last place should be the new king.

And then look at the previous 5 years before that......

That doesn't change a thing Pezus. 2 years does NOT account for the total time that they all 3 have been competing.

Yes, it does, because we're choosing a new king. Wii was a prince that died before he could accept the throne. PS3 was the younger prince that lived on and became a king once his father died.

You are looking at this too literally.  And im sorry but the PS3 has not been all that successful no matter how you look at it.

Around the Network
Player2 said:
JayWood2010 said:
You continue to make Playstation fans look bad ethomaz.

We cannot say that:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=150866

LMAO not a fan of Jay and i dont think he is much better to be honest but that is pretty amusing that those three people annoy some of the biggest playstation fans themselves lol

I love how he says he speaks for the PS community.  He acts like he is some supreme commander or something yet he is no better than the 3 he mentions.  The problem people have with the PS community is not just the 3 he mentioned but the people who agree with them as well.  

ethomaz said:
Conegamer said:
No choice is a good one. The king cannot be a 3rd place console.

It will be the first at the end and you can just choose a new King after the old King death.

You expect the PS3 to sell another 30+ mil from here? If we assume the best case scenario of 10mil this year, then 7, then 4...we're still 9mil off. Trickling through at 1.5mil a year for 4 years won't even acheive that. The Wii will not lose it's first place this gen. 

But no more of that, this is not the place for this argument.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

PS3 has an Ace up his sleeve. He's that type of poker player that likes to live dangerously. I wont be surprised he throws down a full house of exclusives soon..

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
pezus said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:
Grandia said:
pezus said:
Grandia said:

And it changes what? The PS3 is still on the last place, still 2 Million behinde the 360 and 30 Million behinde the Wii. And we are now at the end of this console generation.

It means PS3 is the king. We are at the end of the generation, yet PS3 almost triples the new generation console. What is that if not the sales of a king?

So you are telling us that a console that has so far sold the least amount and has earned the least amount of money by far deserves it? And really this whole question sounds dumb to me.  I feel like a kid is asking this question and what deserves "king".

This is the king of sales, not money. A king can be poor just like a normal person. As to the other part of your question, I already answered that. It's selling by far the most now year after year, so it's the current king.

2 years is not year after year Pezus.  And sells includes profits.  Playstation lost the most this generation as far as market share goes.  They lost a ton of money for years.  Xbox and wii has drastically sold more from last generation and has made a ton of money.  As I said, no matter how you slice it Playstation has not done well this generation.  Sure they have some good games but it doesn't matter when everything they have done has failed because Im sure they was not happy losing 120 million consoles in marketshare.  

EDIT: in case you are wondering about that 120m part.  X360 has sold 50m more xboxs and Wii has sold 70m more wii's than last generation.  

Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:
Conegamer said:
No choice is a good one. The king cannot be a 3rd place console.

It will be the first at the end and you can just choose a new King after the old King death.

You expect the PS3 to sell another 30+ mil from here? If we assume the best case scenario of 10mil this year, then 7, then 4...we're still 9mil off. Trickling through at 1.5mil a year for 4 years won't even acheive that. The Wii will not lose it's first place this gen.

But no more of that, this is not the place for this argument.

I expect PS3 to sell 35-40 million from here

PS3 and Wii sales will be close... I can't really say which will be the first but it will be close.