By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Avengers: The Most Overrated Movie of the Year?

Can we turn this into a Django Unchained hype thread? Now THAT is a movie.

Around the Network
pezus said:
brendude13 said:
Can we turn this into a Django Unchained hype thread? Now THAT is a movie.

Is it not out in the UK? I'm all for doing that, since we almost universally agreed that Avengers was overrated. There's only spurge left, fighting like magikarp against gyarados.

Nope, not until January 18th. I'm not a fan of Lord of the Rings, but I would still say I enjoyed The Hobbit more than The Avengers. Neither will hold a candle to Skyfall and (hopefully) Django Unchained for me though.

Im pretty sure it was TDKR but ok.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

spurgeonryan said:
You have continued to derail it arguing with me. Obviously many loved The Avengers. /thread

Restart thread.

I thought it was shite.

pezus said:

I completely agree with you here. It was like watching Scream in some scenes, they were just begging to get hurt!

The opening scene was shot in Iceland is almost all I know

I like how the map guy and the geologist are all shaggy and scooby about the mountain and get lost (how? from maps it look pretty simple lay out) encounter a freakish alien slug snake thing and response is "hey bud, want to eat my hand and murder me?"

Iceland?  To me, it shall ever be known as the land north of the wall, where the wildings and the king beyond the wall reside.  Hearty people to survive the others in the long night.

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:

Thats like saying that Godards Alphaville is a bad movie. Are you watching movies for artistic values, or are you simply one of those Start Trek nerds, that likes bashing movies, and calling out the scientific facts? I think we have come a looong way, and we should let directors artistic freedom.

You obviously didnt get the message of the movie, but its OK, Il forgive you, there has to be people who guarantee movies like Avatar a 2.7 billion box office, and congrats for being one of them

In many ways Prometheus and Avatar are similar, they're poorly written movies with generic preachy messages that people who agree with the message see as being "fantastic" ... But (of course) Prometheus also has worse acting, worse direction, and worse special effects.

In other words, while they're both shit Prometheus is just worse

axumblade said:
That poll is stupid. Out of those choices, it's obvious it would have won. The real choices should have been The Dark Knight Rising, The Hunger Games, and Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2.

None of those other movies besides Ted are even blockbusters. So of course they weren't overhyped.

Oh, I forgot about those two.  I thought the Hunger Games was pretty mediocre.  I only watched the first Twilight movie, but just from that I know this has got to be one of the worst movie franchises of all time.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

HappySqurriel said:
hunter_alien said:

Thats like saying that Godards Alphaville is a bad movie. Are you watching movies for artistic values, or are you simply one of those Start Trek nerds, that likes bashing movies, and calling out the scientific facts? I think we have come a looong way, and we should let directors artistic freedom.

You obviously didnt get the message of the movie, but its OK, Il forgive you, there has to be people who guarantee movies like Avatar a 2.7 billion box office, and congrats for being one of them

In many ways Prometheus and Avatar are similar, they're poorly written movies with generic preachy messages that people who agree with the message see as being "fantastic" ... But (of course) Prometheus also has worse acting, worse direction, and worse special effects.

In other words, while they're both shit Prometheus is just worse

Sure bud

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

it was a fun movie BUT it produced no drama or suspense whatsoever

i mean it was like asterix and obelix slapping roman soldiers around for the laughs

a proper superhero must crawl and bleed and overcome himself

in avengers there was nothing really posing as a threat