By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OMG! NMH 9/10 Gamespot AAA confirmed

FelmanX said:
I thought Gamespot was bad, you know, after all the controversy and whatnot

Evil, yes, untrustworthy, yes, wrong in this case, doubtful:

What we've got is a concensus of reviews agreeing with Gamespot, including Gamerankings, Xplay, Edge Magazine, and virtually every other review source.

The only exception is IGN and Gametrailers, which gave the game basically, an 8/10's or AA(as opposed to AAA) status. However, we also have a vast number of Wii haters who don't like this game, claiming that the IGN review is the only one relevant, and that the game isn't critically acclaimed, when in fact, it certainly is.

Thing is, no one is actually claiming the game is bad, or that any reviews have been negative. Instead, they use small passive-agressive comments as a form of Damage Control.

They are attempting to make this game look less impressive to potential Wii owners, in an attempt to denegrate the public conception of the Wii library, which is looking stronger with every available AAA.

Face it folks. If you aren't gonna get this game, it's not because of the review scores. The review scores are great. Especially for a game that was not hyped at all. They are magnificant, and a pleasant suprise.

Any attempts to deny that fact are simply desperation.

You've already lost the sales argument. I know you don't wanna lose any ground on the "games" argument, but that doesn't mean publically cheering for all Wii games to sell poorly and be reviewed badly.

That's fanboyism at its worst. You'll never catch me cherrypicking a bad MGS, or Final Fantasy review, and claiming the game sucks. You'll never see me criticize Bioshock because it got a 8/10 from crapgameratings.com. Be fair here. Be happy for us Wii owners, we got a great game as an exclusive early in the year, and we got something to tide us over till Brawl.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Hey! Didn't you read my post!?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Hey! Didn't you read my post!?

Oops, no I missed it. Gotcha.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I hate GameSpot but that is a nice score!

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Sam Yikin said:
Gamespot? Respect? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Wii hater?

lol, j/k

It's the most respected American site. The Gurstman incident, to which your referring, is bad. However, it's still the most trusted.

Gamespot had a trashy reputation around here before the Kane & Lynch fiasco.

I'm glad for NMH that it got another 9, but this doesn't mean that I respect GS again. It's going to take time to build my trust. For all I know, Ubisoft bought a fat advertisement on GS and that's why the game got a 9.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I give respect to Gamespot, but its not that surprising. Your going to see a lot of "hardcore" gaming sites that don't like the Wii's casual front, rate hardcore Wii games highly. Just how its going to go down. NOt sayingthis is what they did here but just pointing it out.

GameSpot....the most respected? XD

Anyone remember "8.8" LOL 

leo-j said:
......if I posted this about a ps3 game I would have been a laughing stock.. but you post it ur praised..

I'm sorry if you feel that way.  Which PS3 exclusive did gamespot give a 9/10? 

I like Bacon said:

Don't remind me. >_<

makingmusic476 said:
I like Bacon said:

Don't remind me. >_<

I am glad Jeff Gerstmann was fired from GameSpot. Imagine if he reviewed NMH, its probably going to be 7.7, 6.6, or 5.5 :)