By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OMG! NMH 9/10 Gamespot AAA confirmed

A lot of damage control in this post. IGN is, well, IGN. It's only recently that their reviews give were given any kind of creedance. A particularly interesting score if the 3/10 they gave to God Hand.

However, I won't cherry pick.

On gamespot, which I believe is fairly accurate when it comes to the whole AAA discussion, by definition, AAA's are 8.5 and up.

That said, most people consider AAA games 9.0 and up, as I do.

I'll stick with my assertion that marginalizing any singular review is possible, however:

Marginalizing 9/10 from gamespot, 9/10 from Edge magazine, 5/5 from Xplay, and 9889 from Famitsu all at the same time, is not. Particularly, when all you have is a 7.8 from IGN, who critically acclaims the game in their actual text review, as your counter argument.

The game is great, and has performed better than expected critically, considering the game was only hyped as a A on Gamespot 7-8, and certainly wasn't expected to score a 9 from Gamespot, or Edge, both sources, considered tough.

Finally, let me reitterate. Games usually score lower on Gamespot than IGN, and it is common believe that Gamespot rates games more harshly than does IGN.

That's all, continue.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Did you hear? Gamespot actually has a tried and true unbiased formula for their ratings. My contact in Adver... I mean editorials showed it to me..

Review Score= Δ Skinsize/ ΔAd$

Can we actually keep all the review score in one thread instead of a whole bunch of them? You know, an official game review thread like we use to have?

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

takkxyz said:
Can we actually keep all the review score in one thread instead of a whole bunch of them? You know, an official game review thread like we use to have?

Are you actually suggesting that it's possible to have too many No More Heroes threads?

takkxyz said:

Only this one matters, imo.

Zenfoldor has dropped third party support of the others. 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

First AAA Exclusive of the year.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

grandmaster192 said:
"If Uncharted is overated than SMG is overated."

Super Mario Galaxy is overrated, too. No game ever made is 97% good.

I'm sorry but that just doesn't make sense to me. It's perfectly fine for you to think SMG isn't worthy of a 97 or even a 90 if that's what you believe but I can't agree that 97% is offlimits for games as a whole.

I strongly disagree with the people that say you shouldn't even give out 10s because "no game is perfect". Of course no game is perfect. Technology will always evolve giving us superior graphics. Gameplay itself will also always improve as people keep tweaking what works and what doesn't in previous efforts. Still that isn't enough of an excuse not to give a game a 10/10. If the game does everything amazing and is innovative or groundbreaking in any way then it definitely can be worthy of such a score.  Should Super Mario Bros. 3 be discounted for not having the added gameplay features in the newer Marios?  Should Grand Theft Auto 2 be discounted for 2D graphics?  I know i'd be pissed if an essay I wrote got a 90 because "no essays are perfect". Other art forms such as movies and book reviews get perfect scores when the critics deem neccessary. In essence game reviews are the same thing, it's critics grading the game and if it earns it, it should get a perfect score rewarding everybody whose hard work went into making it.

If we get to a point where we say 10s are off limits and the highest a game can get is 9.9 then all we have done is shifted the upper limit. We still have a limit of what is percieved as a "perfect" game and therefore nothing has changed.

I gave up on GS long ago.

I thought Gamespot was bad, you know, after all the controversy and whatnot

Alright. There are way too many NMH threads. So just stick it in here.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=15222&start=-0

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.