By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OMG! NMH 9/10 Gamespot AAA confirmed

ZenfoldorVGI said:
leo-j said:
......if I posted this about a ps3 game I would have been a laughing stock.. but you post it ur praised..

Oh, I thought you got banned.

Anyway, I can't talk for your PS3 fans, but us Wii owners, get excited about AAA exclusives.

I gotta run, bbl. Oh, I'm so excited for NMH!

Finally, a Wii fan that will get banned like leo-j does all the time. 

AAA?  Hah. 

Around the Network
breadie2 said:
makingmusic476 said:
I like Bacon said:

GameSpot....the most respected? XD

Anyone remember "8.8" LOL

Don't remind me. >_<

I am glad Jeff Gerstmann was fired from GameSpot. Imagine if he reviewed NMH, its probably going to be 7.7, 6.6, or 5.5 :)

Yeah, I'm so glad a guy was fired for his fair review of a mediocre game!

You're a joke. 

windbane said:
breadie2 said:
makingmusic476 said:
I like Bacon said:

GameSpot....the most respected? XD

Anyone remember "8.8" LOL

Don't remind me. >_<

I am glad Jeff Gerstmann was fired from GameSpot. Imagine if he reviewed NMH, its probably going to be 7.7, 6.6, or 5.5 :)

Yeah, I'm so glad a guy was fired for his fair review of a mediocre game!

You're a joke.

You didn't get my point, did you?

Yeah thanks, I am joking :)

kingofwale said:
>The most respected "hardcore" gaming site on the net just confirmed 9/10 AAA status for NMH.

Thanks for the laugh.

It's more likely that it got sponsored. I will wait 2 months to see if an Editor in Chief quits over this before I even consider buying this game.

While I agree that Gamespot isn't that repected anymore, and rightfully so, I think it's dumb to skip on a great game because....gamespot has reviewed it?

Stillwell said:
kingofwale said:
>The most respected "hardcore" gaming site on the net just confirmed 9/10 AAA status for NMH.

Thanks for the laugh.

It's more likely that it got sponsored. I will wait 2 months to see if an Editor in Chief quits over this before I even consider buying this game.

While I agree that Gamespot isn't that repected anymore, and rightfully so, I think it's dumb to skip on a great game because....gamespot has reviewed it?

I think it's even dumber to think No More Heroes actually sponsored the website.  The game is going to be the next Zack and Wiki from what i can tell.

Around the Network

Yea, I agree. Their add campaign is basicly sporadic internet banners. I think it's safe to assume noone paid to get good reviews of this one.

First up, gamespot is not the most respected review site on the net (I don't think respected and the internet ever go together correctly in one sentence) AND one review does not cement a game as AAA... or else SDF's 10/10 for Lair would make it a AAA title.

Seriously, these reviews aren't going to sway anyone, much like the GCN game these guys put out, you are either always going to buy it or you never were. I'm definitely getting No More Heroes.

I guess either you get into this game or don't. Haven't played it yet, but i guess it's much like tarantino movies.

While IGN and Gametrailers gave it 7.8 and 8.2 (which aren't bad scores at all), Gamespot, Games Radar and some other sites loved it and gave it 9s or above. Personally, i wasn't expecting anyting near 9 for this kind of a niche title.

"OMG, IGN gives it a 7.8! AAA not confirmed!"
Let's check average scores once all the sites have had their turn.

wow, that was totally unexpected

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!