By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What was so wrong with Metroid Other M? (with a poll)

Tagged games:

what was so wrong with Metroid Other M?

the simpler exploration 20 11.43%

the characterisation of samus 53 30.29%

fricking adam malkovich 8 4.57%

the gameplay 25 14.29%

nothing it was great :P 68 38.86%

Total:174
Bienrico said:
My first Metroid game was Prime and i think it's an awesome game, i loved to explore the different places and Prime 3 made good use of the motion controls, those are things i actually missed in Other M.

But the storytelling... It's uninteresting or there wasn't a story at all. And i think Samus was REALLY boring, never saying a word, never showing any emotion, she kills her fellow hunters in Prime 3 and didn't give a shit about it, is she human or robot?

That's what i like from Other M, it shows who Samus was, what she thinks and feels. Loyal fans hate it but c'mon is shooting aliens and wearing spandex zero suit the only thing she's good for? The gameplay is awesome and the story is just epic. Other M has flaws but it's an amazing game.

Yeah that bothered me also about prime 3 , and i also miss the exploration of the primes ,but i like to focus on the game i'm playing and the good things it has instead of sulking for what it doesn't have is not a prime and it doesn't need to be is a great game on it's own

Around the Network
shiackz said:
Bienrico said:
My first Metroid game was Prime and i think it's an awesome game, i loved to explore the different places and Prime 3 made good use of the motion controls, those are things i actually missed in Other M.

But the storytelling... It's uninteresting or there wasn't a story at all. And i think Samus was REALLY boring, never saying a word, never showing any emotion, she kills her fellow hunters in Prime 3 and didn't give a shit about it, is she human or robot?

That's what i like from Other M, it shows who Samus was, what she thinks and feels. Loyal fans hate it but c'mon is shooting aliens and wearing spandex zero suit the only thing she's good for? The gameplay is awesome and the story is just epic. Other M has flaws but it's an amazing game.

Yeah that bothered me also about prime 3 , and i also miss the exploration of the primes ,but i like to focus on the game i'm playing and the good things it has instead of sulking for what it doesn't have is not a prime and it doesn't need to be is a great game on it's own

Exactly, this is a different Metroid game and a great one! 

shiackz said:
Chandler said:
I really like Other M but the characterization of Samus is miles off. I don't mind the high heels, the bigger bust and dat ass (not at all...) but the submissive nature Samus is depicted towards Adam Masculinovich and her inability to face Ridley without being terrified is just so so wrong. It's still a good game though.

haha check the comic i tagged ,she has always been scared  of ridley, and besides  she was scared  like  for a second

It was more like half a minute in which Ridley managed to dispose of Anthony until at the end he was like "nah, I'm not dead afterall"

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:

shiackz said:

Chandler said:
I really like Other M but the characterization of Samus is miles off. I don't mind the high heels, the bigger bust and dat ass (not at all...) but the submissive nature Samus is depicted towards Adam Masculinovich and her inability to face Ridley without being terrified is just so so wrong. It's still a good game though.

haha check the comic i tagged ,she has always been scared  of ridley, and besides  she was scared  like  for a second

It was more like half a minute in which Ridley managed to dispose of Anthony until at the end he was like "nah, I'm not dead afterall"

haha well she was shocked that b***h ridley keeps harrasing the poor woman , anyway i think it was okay made samus look bad but she's only half human

Yeah, the use of missiles was a bit fricky. But since I could use Ocarina cheats that was not a problem. I just had to hold the B-button for missile mode, made the game SO much better. The only problem I had with the game were the sequences where you had to find something on the screen while being unable to move. That.SUCKED. Otherwise great game^^

Around the Network

The only thing wrong with OtherM was the little whinny little b*tchy fans making the game's flaws a thousand times bigger than they rly were.

The game was good, not great. My main problem with it was that the story felt like a filler and not part of the main cannon. A Metroid expert that knows everything about the lore would'nt have missed anything if they never heard of OtherM's story. That was my main problem, other than that I liked the game.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

shiackz said:
Fusioncode said:
The story, the characters, the voice acting, the writing, the gameplay, the controls, pretty much everything really. An absolute disaster and one of the most disappointing games I've ever played.

well i agree  with the  voice acting, and  the story mor  or  less  it felt unescesary, but  the controls  were  good , i never  had a  problem controlling samus , but well

The controls were just akward. Switching from NES style to pointing th wiimote was very uncomfortable. Maybe it's just me bu I would have much rather used a wiimote+nunchuck combo.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:

shiackz said:

Fusioncode said:
The story, the characters, the voice acting, the writing, the gameplay, the controls, pretty much everything really. An absolute disaster and one of the most disappointing games I've ever played.

well i agree  with the  voice acting, and  the story mor  or  less  it felt unescesary, but  the controls  were  good , i never  had a  problem controlling samus , but well

The controls were just akward. Switching from NES style to pointing th wiimote was very uncomfortable. Maybe it's just me bu I would have much rather used a wiimote+nunchuck combo.

i agree it would have made the game better but it worked for me

Metrium said:
The only thing wrong with OtherM was the little whinny little b*tchy fans making the game's flaws a thousand times bigger than they rly were.

The game was good, not great. My main problem with it was that the story felt like a filler and not part of the main cannon. A Metroid expert that knows everything about the lore would'nt have missed anything if they never heard of OtherM's story. That was my main problem, other than that I liked the game.

i think the same i'm a fan and i do get anoyed when they do something bad with a franchise , but sometimes they whine just for the heck of it, instead of enjoy them games

The game sucks plain and simple, there is nothing I can actually say which is good about it. Anyone who says different is lying to themselves and just psychologically told there mind that they like it. Why do I say that? Whats the best game in the series Super Metroid its the pinnacle of the franchise and Other M does everything opposite to that game.

Exploration - The main center of Metroid and there wasnt any! until the end of the game
Controls - Controlling a character in a 3D environment with a D Pad which is just annoying
Graphics - These are subpar and a step backwards after Prime 3, Also it p!ssed me off that they sexualised Samus and gave her big boobs and this curvacious figure.
Soundtrack - Oh God! Another important part of Metroid games are its atmospheric soundtrack. This soundtrack was terrible the only decent track is the Vs Ridley theme
Story - Horrible Samus is a whiny b!tch. Leave her as a silent protagonist. There doesnt need to be much of a story in Metroid games. Its not that type of franchise.

I really pray they dont do something so stupid like this with the franchise again. Thankfully the game flopped so Nintendo can go back to the drawing board. Word is Miyamoto is involved if there is one person who can redeem the franchise its him.