By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What was so wrong with Metroid Other M? (with a poll)

Tagged games:

what was so wrong with Metroid Other M?

the simpler exploration 20 11.43%

the characterisation of samus 53 30.29%

fricking adam malkovich 8 4.57%

the gameplay 25 14.29%

nothing it was great :P 68 38.86%

Total:174

The game is just an odd mix of 2D/3D mechanics with flashy combat, its not bad at all, but the use of the license is poor

Around the Network
osed125 said:

I didn't mind the gameplay except for when you had to point the wiimote at the screen, but it wasn't as bad as some people make it up to be, at least imo.

What I really didn't liked about the game was Samus, didn't liked her voice and the stupid "baby metroid this, baby metroid that" shut up! That was so annoying. Just like Link, Samus must have stayed silent, no voice or just text (like Metroid Fusion). And I also think Nintendo put her as a "weak" character, I mean not using her suit powers because Adam doesn't let her is just stupid, they could have found a better way to not make use or her powers.  

yeah they didn't want to use  the usual lose all your  powers  thing, the pointing thing wasn't bad  for me the change  of  perséctuve  was  seamles in my experience, and  yes samus was whiny but  weak nah,  she had  issues but  she did everything it's not  like she  was  turned into cloud  of ff7  just whining all the  time

I really like Other M but the characterization of Samus is miles off. I don't mind the high heels, the bigger bust and dat ass (not at all...) but the submissive nature Samus is depicted towards Adam Masculinovich and her inability to face Ridley without being terrified is just so so wrong. It's still a good game though.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

DieAppleDie said:
The game is just an odd mix of 2D/3D mechanics with flashy combat, its not bad at all, but the use of the license is poor

maybe  they should  have  left  samus alone  but  i enjoyed  the game so i think it wasn't bad decision, personaly i can't wait to see  what they do now  that samus is a metroid chozo combinatio

The story, the characters, the voice acting, the writing, the gameplay, the controls, pretty much everything really. An absolute disaster and one of the most disappointing games I've ever played.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Chandler said:
I really like Other M but the characterization of Samus is miles off. I don't mind the high heels, the bigger bust and dat ass (not at all...) but the submissive nature Samus is depicted towards Adam Masculinovich and her inability to face Ridley without being terrified is just so so wrong. It's still a good game though.

haha check the comic i tagged ,she has always been scared  of ridley, and besides  she was scared  like  for a second

Fusioncode said:
The story, the characters, the voice acting, the writing, the gameplay, the controls, pretty much everything really. An absolute disaster and one of the most disappointing games I've ever played.

well i agree  with the  voice acting, and  the story mor  or  less  it felt unescesary, but  the controls  were  good , i never  had a  problem controlling samus , but well

i'm glad to see the majority says that it was good the way it was, people care too much sometimes about the story and forget that it's more important to make afun game, and in my humble opinion, metroid other M delivered

The game was great imo.
The only thing I didn't like were the numerous cut scenes. I don't like long cut scenes in any game and just want to skip the crap. Video games are not movies and I think people nowadays place too much importance on the story line in games. I couldn't care less about the story in most games.

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

My first Metroid game was Prime and i think it's an awesome game, i loved to explore the different places and Prime 3 made good use of the motion controls, those are things i actually missed in Other M.

But the storytelling... It's uninteresting or there wasn't a story at all. And i think Samus was REALLY boring, never saying a word, never showing any emotion, she kills her fellow hunters in Prime 3 and didn't give a shit about it, is she human or robot?

That's what i like from Other M, it shows who Samus was, what she thinks and feels. Loyal fans hate it but c'mon is shooting aliens and wearing spandex zero suit the only thing she's good for? The gameplay is awesome and the story is just epic. Other M has flaws but it's an amazing game.