By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ouch, IGN gives No More Heroes a 7.8

urghh a Bozon review the guy is about as preceptive as a brick
seriously he states that everything looks like first gen ps2 games or late ps1 games, which just isn't true seriously the guy should go back and actually look at some of the early ps2 games
plus he tends to arbitrarily end many of his reviews with a .8 for no apparent reason
this, sonic riders, Indianapolis 500, Samurai Warriors Katana, COD 4 DS, Star Trek Conquest, Geometry Wars Galaxies ds

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network
naznatips said:
I love how in our current industry review scores are more based on the technical aspects of the game's design, rather than how much fun it is to play. In the 90s if you mentioned texture pop-in in a review of an N64 or PSX people would just say "who the hell cares?" and move on. Nowadays texture pop-in takes an 8 ranges game down to the 7s. What a joke.

The fact that the ratings are so inflated that games that should be 5/6s get 7/8s for example should also be telling.

> In the 90s if you mentioned texture pop-in in a review of an N64 or PSX people would just say "who the hell cares?"

yeah, and in the 80s, you have games that last you 10 minutes and cost twice as much. Who cares, right?

the point is, it's NOT the 90s, it's 2008, if I want old standards, I'd pay for antique console at launch price.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Super Mario bros certainly lasted more than 10 minutes. Back then you played the game for fun, rather than just to see the choreographed staged fight FMV sequence, or where the story goes, or whatever. If you're playing a game for fun, it will last far longer than if you're playing a game for the experience of playing it.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

7.8? Meh. So this is pretty much a nail in the coffin of this game selling great.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
7.8 is a good score, it's a Wii game after all. In an earlier thread today I said that I expect NMH to end up with an average score in the low 80s on gamerankings. Seems like we'll be getting there.

How many 90%+ Wii exclusives are there compared to the zero 90%+ PS3 exclusives?

TheBigFatJ said:
RolStoppable said:
7.8 is a good score, it's a Wii game after all. In an earlier thread today I said that I expect NMH to end up with an average score in the low 80s on gamerankings. Seems like we'll be getting there.

How many 90%+ Wii exclusives are there compared to the zero 90%+ PS3 exclusives?

Uncharted is at 89.9% that's a 90%.

Score is good enough, just read the review and decide based on that.

I've been saying that on this site for months, you'd think more people would figure it out too but people just keep complaining. Ignore the score, read the review, and score it yourself...you'll like that score much better.

To Each Man, Responsibility

oh yeah and Bozon has a penchant for making up flaws,
NiGHTS' review he points out flaws that simply don't exist
1. He describes the need to retry level completely if you lose to a boss and rewatch all cut scenes, which you don't,
2. There are no 20 second blank screen plauses
Furthermore he's completely oblivious to the past describing NiGHTS as
"In an attempt to change things up a bit for the Wii version, Nights: Journey of Dreams throws in a ton of diversity into the gameplay, whether it's side-view flying, tunnel flying, rapids rafting, top-view puzzle-like levels,"
guess what all those things in one form or another were in the original NiGHTS
Bozon is a Block-Head and his reviews need to be ignored as such

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like it is a difficult game to score ... In many ways it is highly enjoyable, but it is technically limited and has some noticeable flaws. The game will likely end up with an average score somewhere between 75% and 85% which makes it a good buy for someone looking for something stylish and violent.