By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ouch, IGN gives No More Heroes a 7.8

kingofwale said:
Yeah, read the review, not just look at the score, but some of the stuff said there worries me.

"...painfully low-tech visual offering. Pop-in is everywhere, control is irritating at best, and the frame rate is all over the charts. It’s an absolute mess."

It kinda makes you think, how did it even get a 7.8?

Are you sure you weren't reading the Mass Effect review?

Zzzzzing!

Ontopic-- I had originally said I wasn't planning on getting this game right away but the more I see of it the more I'm thinking about picking it up tomorrow.

Around the Network

Do people actually believe 7.8 is a bad score. If Suda 51's cheap asses would have put more money and polish on the game it could have got a 8.5 easily but they didn't so just let it have its flaws like almost every other sandbox game and be happy that it is actually a above average game. I don't know about yall but my wii is gonna be starving until Smash bros so I will have this in my house tommorow playing it and having a good time while most of yall are on this site whining about a above average video game.

Wii COLLECTION:Legend Of Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, Wi Play, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3
Xbox 360 COLLECTION:Mass Effect, Gears Of War, Halo 3, Rumble Roses(Im Ashamed) , Call Of Duty 4
PS3 COLLECTION:Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ratchet And Clank, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

"MUST HAVE TITLES"
Zack & Wiki, Medal Of Honor: Heroes, Rygar : Battle Of Argus, Tales Of Symphonia: Knight Of RatatosK, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, No More Heroes, Final Fantasy: Crystal Cronicles 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Soul Calibur: Legends, Mario Kart:Wii , Battalion War:II, Assassin's Creed, God Of War 3, Ninja Gaiden II, White Knight Chronicles, Disagea 3, Resident Evil 5,

"END OF THE YEAR PREDICTIONS"
|Wii- 40.46 Million | Xbox 360- 32.52 Million | PS3- 31.50 Million|
Sullla said:
DMeisterJ said:
7.8? Meh. So this is pretty much a nail in the coffin of this game selling great.

Since when was 7.8 a bad score for a game? I thought that meant "above average" myself... or maybe I'm just old enough to remember when 9s and 10s didn't get thrown around all over the place. I actually think that's a very fair score for this game, which certainly has a lot more cult appeal than mainstream interest.

I mean, do you really think that No More Heroes should be getting a 9 score? I think it falls quite a bit short of that, from the (admittedly) little content I've seen. Score inflation for the win...

I would argue that you nor anyone else has the right to form an opinion on the validity of a score until they have played the game in question.  Of course, that doesn't mean we can't discuss it in comparison to other scores and estimate what other scores will be.  Just that no one should be saying "He's wrong" until they have the game. 

naznatips said:
Sullla said:
DMeisterJ said:
7.8? Meh. So this is pretty much a nail in the coffin of this game selling great.

Since when was 7.8 a bad score for a game? I thought that meant "above average" myself... or maybe I'm just old enough to remember when 9s and 10s didn't get thrown around all over the place. I actually think that's a very fair score for this game, which certainly has a lot more cult appeal than mainstream interest.

I mean, do you really think that No More Heroes should be getting a 9 score? I think it falls quite a bit short of that, from the (admittedly) little content I've seen. Score inflation for the win...

I would argue that you nor anyone else has the right to form an opinion on the validity of a score until they have played the game in question. Of course, that doesn't mean we can't discuss it in comparison to other scores and estimate what other scores will be. Just that no one should be saying "He's wrong" until they have the game.

I think that this is correct in most cases.

i can't believe ign rated endless ocean 8.0 and then no more heroes 7.8, but still i believe no more heroes will be the best action game on the wii for the rest of the year

Around the Network

It's one review and 7.8 is not even a bad score. Gamespot gave Ratchet a 7.5, but the metacritic average is 8.9...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

R&C is a 8.0 atleast

That 7.5 review is alittle harsh.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Sullla said:
DMeisterJ said:

Well, Gamespot, Xplay, and Edge magazine think it should be getting a 9, and it did. So, yeah.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

It's funny how everyone has to cherry pick to lowest review in the world, for the game so far, to bash it in any way. It's the first AAAE of the year.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

People who think this will sell well are unrealistic, it's too 'weird' and niche whatnot. Basically, the reasons why I like the game are the same ones why detractors will hate it.

Also when will conspiracy theory about Wii reviews be dropped? Technical standards are higher for games today for obvious reasons, review has to put a general score based on everything, they can't just ignore issues.

The 7.8 is not the score of how fun it is, so you might have more fun with this than better made games. Case in point, GS gave Crackdown a 7.9 last year but it was one of the funnest games I played all year.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!