By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ouch, IGN gives No More Heroes a 7.8

ZenfoldorVGI said:
It's funny how everyone has to cherry pick to lowest review in the world, for the game so far, to bash it in any way. It's the first AAAE of the year.

There's a little game called Burnout Paradise that is AAA and just came out. Also when did you get new face?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
mike_intellivision said:
To build upon what Rol said, there are some reviewers who mark down games if they aren't HD or wide screen.

Since the Wii games are not HD or wide screeen by definition, Wii games often start with a one-point deduction compared to those of PS3 and 360.

I'm sorry but I really don't agree with the sentiment that reviewers are biased against the Wii.  As far as I can tell from most reviews i've read or watched they take into account the Wii's technical capabilities and don't mark it down specifically because it's on the Wii.  It won't get marked down for not being 720p since Wii can't do that.  Marking it down for not supporting widescreen is a valid point I would put forth.  Widescreen is something the Wii can infact do and most titles that actually put forth the effort to have decent presentaion would allow for widescreen.  My Wii collection is very limited, especially compared to some, but all the Wii games I have come with widescreen support.  

If you know of any reviews you consider to have evidence where lack of HD support lowered the score on a Wii title please let me know so I don't argue this next time...

Also an interesting point to note that just last week somebody else was claiming all PS3/360 titles were being judged more harshly.  If PS3/360 tiltes are judged more harshly and so are Wii titles aren't we all even again?

Sherlock99 said:
i don't understand why everyone wants to focus on the one not so great review instead of focusing on all the other great reviews the game has received so far its like fanboys wants to discredit every good game on the wii its so annoying.
 Because we all want a perfect/similar review scores for games we love to hype. If IGN gave it a 9, then a lot (specially fanboys) would like to see the same score or higher from Gamespot 

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

ckmlb said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
It's funny how everyone has to cherry pick to lowest review in the world, for the game so far, to bash it in any way. It's the first AAAE of the year.

There's a little game called Burnout Paradise that is AAA and just came out. Also when did you get new face?

You aren't the guy on System Wars that has me quoted in your sig saying the Wii has the potential to be the best home console ever, are you?

I just joined recently, lol. Check out the offtopics for my intro thread. I can no longer post on Gamespot.

Anyway, I do agree that the game won't sell well. I disagree with any assertion that this game isn't critically acclaimed.

Also, this is the first AAAE, because Burnout isn't exclusive, and while I agree it is a AAA game, both games were released on the very same day, neither game has broken a 90 on gamerankings, with 10+ reviews(though both did before 10 plus were out, and Both are edging closer to 90 as we speak.)

So, yeah, your right, they both came out on the very same day. However, the first AAAExclusive game this year is NMH. I'm just used to going by gamespot scores, and Burnout hasn't been reviewed there yet, for some reason. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

jheco05 said:
Sherlock99 said:
i don't understand why everyone wants to focus on the one not so great review instead of focusing on all the other great reviews the game has received so far its like fanboys wants to discredit every good game on the wii its so annoying.
Because we all want a perfect/similar review scores for games we love to hype. If IGN gave it a 9, then a lot (specially fanboys) would like to see the same score or higher from Gamespot

No, the people who are focusing mainly on the IGN review are Wii detractors, mostly, and the people focusing on the concensus, Gamespot, Edge, or Xplay reviews, are Wii supporters, mainly.

The very few undecideds are a mixed bag.

That's real. 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Gamesrader.com just gave it a 9/10 another respected source.

It'll be interesting to see where this one ends up. 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

at the end this game wil be around 8.5 - 9 in metacritic, I only hopes is not another Zack and Wiki on sales.

Everybody must buy this game

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Sqrl said:
Score is good enough, just read the review and decide based on that.

I've been saying that on this site for months, you'd think more people would figure it out too but people just keep complaining. Ignore the score, read the review, and score it yourself...you'll like that score much better.

While this makes perfect sense on a personal level, I think some of us who are looking at review scores are looking at them with a mind to how they influence sales.

IGN is a highly respected site, and a 7.8 from them won't help sell a game that could use all the help it can get in the sales department. Luckily, every other reviewer is more positive on the title, so things aren't too bad.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

With the NMH explosion around here, I'm trying to rope things in.

Please all head on down to the official No More Heroes thread here.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=15222&start=0#end

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Edited/ removed (my apologies)