By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Question for the moderators

I thought SDF meant Stupid Dumb Fuck. The site never listens to moderation complaints anyways so the threads not worth making. I settle for apathy on the subject now. (C)

Around the Network

I thought SDF meant Stupid Dumb Fuck. The site never listens to moderation complaints anyways so the threads not worth making. I settle for apathy on the subject now. oh and they adds on this site make the site so annoying to visit on my phone or tablet.

I think the mods do a fine job. If people want more people banned, report them. Mods can't be everywhere at once, report problems when you see them if you think there is a problem.

Personally, I think the site is moderated pretty well and don't really feel the need to report every minor irritation. Some people just tend to think if somebodies opinion doesn't line up with their own, that the other person is in the wrong. That was Selnor's problem, and honestly the site is probably better off without him.

kowenicki said:
I see selnor has left over this issue. Yet another high profile MS poster who has left due to the ridiculous and persistent horse shit you have to endure on here from the force that defends Sony.

hehehe, you got me! For a moment i thought you were serious

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

chocoloco said:

I thought SDF meant Stupid Dumb Fuck. The site never listens to moderation complaints anyways so the threads not worth making. I settle for apathy on the subject now. oh and they adds on this site make the site so annoying to visit on my phone or tablet.

We always listen. The moderator guidelines we are given, however, are pretty vague, but one thing that we're all hesitant to do is to discard the rules on progressive moderation (and i actually discovered that i've been too lenient on progressive moderation from the getgo, because i was treating trolling and flaming as separate categories as far as ban-length, when they're supposed to be the same thing), and the rules on progressive moderation are the centerpiece of this discussion.

I agree about the ads.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Maybe somebody needs to start a MDF (moderator defense force).

timmah said:
Maybe somebody needs to start a MDF (moderator defense force).

That would make things a lot worse. 

Cyrus_ATX said:
zero129 said:
Can someone explain to me what the hell is SDF and MDF??

SDF - Sony Defense Force

MDF - Microsoft Defense Force

what the fuck???

what kind of dumb shit is this to be getting bannd for in the first place??? mods get organized before you have not site/community to mod.

that's like saying, startrek and starwars

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Cyrus_ATX said:
zero129 said:
Can someone explain to me what the hell is SDF and MDF??

SDF - Sony Defense Force

MDF - Microsoft Defense Force

what the fuck???

what kind of dumb shit is this to be getting bannd for in the first place??? mods get organized before you have not site/community to mod.

that's like saying, startrek and starwars

Many Trekkies and Star Wars fans hate each other to this very day, I'm pretty sure no one would want such a situation in this forum. Pretty bad example you got there

I actually reported someone for the first time in a long while, I think it was yesterday or the day before. I even diagreed with the person he was insulting but he went way too far and used at the very least one term and technique that is clearly against the rules as I know them.

Now, I have never said and never will say that vgchartz mods are doing a poor job but at certain hours when reports are sent or violations are made, there seems to be a small fraction of the team available to handle it and often (seemingly) the reports pass on by without incident.

Yet another reason why this site should have a more diverse moderation staff when it comes to geographical placement. Besides that, I think they're doing a good job overall.