By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PlayStation 3 Bundles for Europe unveiled

Carl2291 said:
Honestly, ripoff.

Heavy Rain, Uncharted, GoW 3, ModNation and LBP are all worth next to nothing alone.

it's more a problem of the customer and not sony's fault. we have already 40+ essential edition games here. all with a msrp of 19.99. customers who will buy the bundle have to take exactly the three games of the bundle even if they could choose three random games out of 40+ for the same msrp. there will be only a very small part of customers who want exactly the three bundled games more as all other essential edition games and with that i don't get why so many buy such a bundle (or will buy) instead of taking the 12gb ps3 and buy really the three games they want most.

if the msrp of the whole bundle would be lower as everything seperately i could maybe understand them but it isn't.

Around the Network
KHlover said:
Have the problems with the super slim models been fixed? Unless they have I won't even consider buying one. Not that a measy 12GB of storage on a console where many games have to be installed is even nearly enough.

There are no widespread problems with the Super Slim. Any reports you find online are isolated incidents.

ethomaz said:

DirtyP2002 said:
No, they are not limited and no they aren't sold out in most places.

amazon.de has the current bundle in stock
mediamarkt.de (biggest retailer for electronics in Germany, maybe even Europe) has it in stock

even my smaller retailer, where I buy my games from has it in stock
spielegrotte.de I highly recommend it for any German user.

GT5 has been bundled almost non-stop from release till now and you call it "not heavily" bundled.
1 - 2 million GT5 copies are probably due to these bundles.

That's the limited to 500GB and just for the launch... check and ask in your Mediamarkt.de or Amazon.de if they received more bundles... the bundle was make just for the 500GB Super Slim launch.

1-2 million is not heavly bundled... heavly bundled is like Uncharted 3 or Forza 4 that sold 1 million just in November/December due bundles.

Anyway this bundle not sold 300k... the PS3 sales in Europe after the 500GB Super Slim launch was near 1.5 million... how much is 500GB Super Slim? How much is GT5 bundle?

I think the people here exaggerates with GT5 bundles because they account per ~10% of GT5 sales.

Anyway the Amazon.de is the only Amazon in Europe to have the bundle yet... France and Uk is sold out.

Trollolololol

The bundle was never available on amazon.co.uk?! Could you please provide a link?

Some retailers made their own bundles and they include GT5. They are in stock though
http://www.game.co.uk/en/playstation-3-500gb-with-batman-arkham-city-the-dark-knight-rises-gt-5-academy-uncharted-3-far-cry-3-pla-headset-198062?categoryIdentifier=10468

It is sold out at amazon.fr though.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

crissindahouse said:
Carl2291 said:
Honestly, ripoff.

Heavy Rain, Uncharted, GoW 3, ModNation and LBP are all worth next to nothing alone.

it's more a problem of the customer and not sony's fault. we have already 40+ essential edition games here. all with a msrp of 19.99. most of the customers who will buy the bundle have to take exactly the three games of the bundle even f they could choose three out of 40+ for the same msrp. there will be only a very small part who want exactly the three bundled games more as all other essential edition games and with that i donöt get why so many buy such a bundle (or will buy) instead of taking he 12gb ps3 and buy really the three games they want most.

I really don't see anyone even remotely interested in the PS3 taking the 12GB bundle at all, it doesn't even allow you to install 4 games on the HDD, demos or downloadable games not even included. Can anyone here explain me who this bundle is supposed to address?

DirtyP2002 said:

And the other bundles did not happen?

There is the first bundle limited for the launch of GT5 in Europe... if I'm not wrong just 100k units was available... there is another bundle too for launch with a Titanium PS3... 20k or 30k units available.

The second bundle is with the Platinum Edition of GT5 and LittleBigPlanet 2... this version was available for some months with the 160GB PS3 (already discontinued)... look at the LittleBigPlanet 2 sales to know how much this bundle sold.

I guess all the GT5 bundles together sold less than 1 million units...

Some weeks ago somebody said the increase in GT5 sales was because the bundles in Europe but the increase was just in US (15k to 50k)... US have little GT5 bundles even in the launch.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

Great bundle for the people who don't own a PS3 XD

On a side note I find it hilarious sony gamers complain about Mario Kart and Forza being bundles but Sony bundles most of their games at high rates.

what about when microsoft or nintendo fans talk about bundles like the uncharted bundle? it miraculously changes then i guess?

CGI-Quality said:
crissindahouse said:
Carl2291 said:
Honestly, ripoff.

it's more a problem of the customer and not sony's fault. we have already 40+ essential edition games here. all with a msrp of 19.99. most of the customers who will buy the bundle have to take exactly the three games of the bundle even f they could choose three out of 40+ for the same msrp. there will be only a very small part who want exactly the three bundled games more as all other essential edition games and with that i donöt get why so many buy such a bundle (or will buy) instead of taking he 12gb ps3 and buy really the three games they want most.

not really, i know he doesn't think it's a rip-off and made his comment because of some other comments. i still tried to explain that such a bundle is useless and people can say that without thinking sony is a bad company or whatever.

@ethomaz: I guess and somebody said are not reliable sources.

DirtyP2002 said:

Trollolololol

The bundle was never available on amazon.co.uk?! Could you please provide a link?

Some retailers made their own bundles and they include GT5. They are in stock though
http://www.game.co.uk/en/playstation-3-500gb-with-batman-arkham-city-the-dark-knight-rises-gt-5-academy-uncharted-3-far-cry-3-pla-headset-198062?categoryIdentifier=10468

It is sold out at amazon.fr though.

This bundle was for UK too... there is another with FIFA and GT5 in UK... like I said limited and sold out in less than 1 month... the same happened in France.

You link is not what we consider a bundle... it's a combo made with console + games... separated products sold togheter with discounts.

CGI-Quality said:
KHlover said:
crissindahouse said:
Carl2291 said:
Honestly, ripoff.

I really don't see anyone even remotely interested in the PS3 taking the 12GB bundle at all, it doesn't even allow you to install 4 games on the HDD, demos or downloadable games not even included. Can anyone here explain me who this bundle is supposed to address?

Who did the 4GB 360 address? Serious question.

That was at launch, the other version of the Xbox360 cost 100$ more. I mean, just look at this:

http://www.amazon.de/PlayStation-DualShock-Controller-LittleBigPlanet-All-Stars/dp/B00A2K3MEO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1356632079&sr=8-5

The Super Slim with 500GB and 2 games is just 20€ more than the 12GB super slim with 1 game. Why would you buy the 12GB version?