By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PlayStation 3 Bundles for Europe unveiled

walsufnir said:
VGKing said:
KHlover said:

Of course they are "isolated", but there are far too many of them (https://www.google.de/search?q=ps3+super+slim+freezing+issues&oq=ps3+super+slim+freezing+issues&aqs=chrome.0.57j62l3.6994&sugexp=chrome,mod=12&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8)

BTW. there also is the thread I meant (https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&ved=0CIkBEBYwCQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgamrconnect.vgchartz.com%2Fthread.php%3Fid%3D150416&ei=P9_dUPqyKYqMswa2g4CADQ&usg=AFQjCNHY7lb3mdAgBJq14ql8aECPaiZczg&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.Yms)

I just can't ignore them, especially when I can get a PS3 slim with much more internal storage for not that much more money.

LOL. I'm sure you can do a google search and find hundreds if not thousands of stories about someone getting a faulty console. For Wii, 360, DS, PSP..etc. If you only looked at the 1-star reviews and payed attention to the bad stories, then you would never get a new product.

If you get scared by the reports of faulty consoles, then go get the original Slim. I'm sure there's still some out there.(I'm sure there are bad reviews for this one as well though)

It is a different story to judge a system because you like the other system (read: fanboyism) or if you judge a system by its problems. Btw, there are also complaints in reviews with more stars, just to add... And yes, if you always pay attention to bad stories, the x360 would've been a disaster which it wasn't :)

Yes it was. The RROD was a widespread problem.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
walsufnir said:
VGKing said:
KHlover said:

Of course they are "isolated", but there are far too many of them (https://www.google.de/search?q=ps3+super+slim+freezing+issues&oq=ps3+super+slim+freezing+issues&aqs=chrome.0.57j62l3.6994&sugexp=chrome,mod=12&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8)

BTW. there also is the thread I meant (https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&ved=0CIkBEBYwCQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgamrconnect.vgchartz.com%2Fthread.php%3Fid%3D150416&ei=P9_dUPqyKYqMswa2g4CADQ&usg=AFQjCNHY7lb3mdAgBJq14ql8aECPaiZczg&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.Yms)

I just can't ignore them, especially when I can get a PS3 slim with much more internal storage for not that much more money.

LOL. I'm sure you can do a google search and find hundreds if not thousands of stories about someone getting a faulty console. For Wii, 360, DS, PSP..etc. If you only looked at the 1-star reviews and payed attention to the bad stories, then you would never get a new product.

If you get scared by the reports of faulty consoles, then go get the original Slim. I'm sure there's still some out there.(I'm sure there are bad reviews for this one as well though)

It is a different story to judge a system because you like the other system (read: fanboyism) or if you judge a system by its problems. Btw, there are also complaints in reviews with more stars, just to add... And yes, if you always pay attention to bad stories, the x360 would've been a disaster which it wasn't :)

Yes it was. The RROD was a widespread problem.

I meant saleswise. The x360 is a huge success althouth there was RROD. And yes, with your definition it was a widespread problem - the systems didn't work anymore after it. Ocassional fps-issues, loudness, cheap build-quality, random freezes... after your definition it will never be a widespread-problem as Sony won't probably react.

walsufnir said:

I meant saleswise. The x360 is a huge success althouth there was RROD. And yes, with your definition it was a widespread problem - the systems didn't work anymore after it. Ocassional fps-issues, loudness, cheap build-quality, random freezes... after your definition it will never be a widespread-problem as Sony won't probably react.

Why are you talking sales?

VGKing said:
walsufnir said:

Because this is a SALES-site. Negative publicity can have a huge effect on sales. And this is why many companies don't confirm widespread-problems because it effects sales. Look at Apple: they have many issues with their products but they only confirm them if forums are full with complaints and if media report it, too. Nothing shall scratch their image of being perfect (which, of course, they are not).

walsufnir said:
VGKing said:
walsufnir said:

Because this is a SALES-site. Negative publicity can have a huge effect on sales. And this is why many companies don't confirm widespread-problems because it effects sales. Look at Apple: they have many issues with their products but they only confirm them if forums are full with complaints and if media report it, too. Nothing shall scratch their image of being perfect (which, of course, they are not).

So are you trying to say that this problem is widespread but Sony is downplaying it?

Around the Network
VGKing said:
walsufnir said:
VGKing said:
walsufnir said:

So are you trying to say that this problem is widespread but Sony is downplaying it?

No, of cousre I am not, as I am not in the position to judge this (and you are not either). Only Sony can do so. But I do have the opinion that even if these problems (not only one as you suggested) exist, it needs more than just reviews to make Sony react to this. But that isn't Sony-"exclusive" because any company wouldn't react until they have to do so.