By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PlayStation 3 Bundles for Europe unveiled

VGKing said:
walsufnir said:
VGKing said:
walsufnir said:
VGKing said:
KHlover said:
Have the problems with the super slim models been fixed? Unless they have I won't even consider buying one. Not that a measy 12GB of storage on a console where many games have to be installed is even nearly enough.

There are no widespread problems with the Super Slim. Any reports you find online are isolated incidents.

as you know all gamers and of course all ps3ss out there, right? i read reviews at amazon with freezing issues but the most complain was that the ss makes more noise than the normal slim. not an issue if you don't know the noise of the old one... and several complain about how cheap it looks and feels.

Do you? You're the one making assumptions based on a few reports here and there.

no but i don't say these are isolated incidents like you did - you didn't provide anything that proves your statement so you stated your opinion which is ok but does not say anything about how widespread issues are.

when reading your post reviews on any site stating any issues of any technical device are only isolated incidents.

YOU are the one saying this is a widespread problem. YOU are the one that needs to provide the proof.

Innocent until proven guilty, this is how thing work in America.

I did WHAT? I said that i read reviews from people complaining about issues - you can have a link for that, if you can read german. Googling for "ps3 super slim issues" is also no google-whack. But don't put words in my mouth i didn't speak out! If you can't differentiate who said what in a thread it's your problem.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
VGKing said:
walsufnir said:
VGKing said:
walsufnir said:
VGKing said:
KHlover said:
Have the problems with the super slim models been fixed? Unless they have I won't even consider buying one. Not that a measy 12GB of storage on a console where many games have to be installed is even nearly enough.

There are no widespread problems with the Super Slim. Any reports you find online are isolated incidents.

as you know all gamers and of course all ps3ss out there, right? i read reviews at amazon with freezing issues but the most complain was that the ss makes more noise than the normal slim. not an issue if you don't know the noise of the old one... and several complain about how cheap it looks and feels.

Do you? You're the one making assumptions based on a few reports here and there.

no but i don't say these are isolated incidents like you did - you didn't provide anything that proves your statement so you stated your opinion which is ok but does not say anything about how widespread issues are.

when reading your post reviews on any site stating any issues of any technical device are only isolated incidents.

YOU are the one saying this is a widespread problem. YOU are the one that needs to provide the proof.

I did WHAT? I said that i read reviews from people complaining about issues - you can have a link for that, if you can read german. Googling for "ps3 super slim issues" is also no google-whack. But don't put words in my mouth i didn't speak out! If you can't differentiate who said what in a thread it's your problem.

I said whatever issues people may have with the Super Slim are ISOLATED INCIDENTS. Meaning a very small percentage of people may get this problem.

YOU DISAGREED WITH  ME, which means you think this is a widespread problem.

Go ahead and provide the link. I can use Google Translate.

VGKing said:
walsufnir said:
VGKing said:
walsufnir said:
VGKing said:
walsufnir said:
VGKing said:
KHlover said:

I said whatever issues people may have with the Super Slim are ISOLATED INCIDENTS. Meaning a very small percentage of people may get this problem.

I had a problem with your statement that the issues are only isolated incidents which was not proven by you but nvm.

http://www.amazon.de/product-reviews/B009DA68P4/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0 for one version of the ps3ss at amazon.de. Different versions (with bundling) get different user-review-pages, they are not gathered.

walsufnir said:

I had a problem with your statement that the issues are only isolated incidents which was not proven by you but nvm.

http://www.amazon.de/product-reviews/B009DA68P4/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0 for one version of the ps3ss at amazon.de. Different versions (with bundling) get different user-review-pages, they are not gathered.

I DON"T HAVE TO PROVE IT. THE TRUTH IS THAT THERE ARE NO WIDESPREAD PROBLEMS WITH THE SUPER SLIM PS3. 

ANY REPORTS OF PROBLEMS WITH IT ARE ISOLATED INCIDENTS.

About those reviews most are just disappointed with the bad build quality, which should have been expected for such a cheap system. Look at this quote " Otherwise, it's just a normal PS3 without a performance advantage, without better hardware and without any improvement. :

DUH! Do these people even do their research before buying their products?

VGKing said:
walsufnir said:
VGKing said:
walsufnir said:
VGKing said:
walsufnir said:
VGKing said:
KHlover said:

Of course they are "isolated", but there are far too many of them (https://www.google.de/search?q=ps3+super+slim+freezing+issues&oq=ps3+super+slim+freezing+issues&aqs=chrome.0.57j62l3.6994&sugexp=chrome,mod=12&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8)

BTW. there also is the thread I meant (https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&ved=0CIkBEBYwCQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgamrconnect.vgchartz.com%2Fthread.php%3Fid%3D150416&ei=P9_dUPqyKYqMswa2g4CADQ&usg=AFQjCNHY7lb3mdAgBJq14ql8aECPaiZczg&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.Yms)

I just can't ignore them, especially when I can get a PS3 slim with much more internal storage for not that much more money.

Around the Network
KHlover said:

Of course they are "isolated", but there are far too many of them (https://www.google.de/search?q=ps3+super+slim+freezing+issues&oq=ps3+super+slim+freezing+issues&aqs=chrome.0.57j62l3.6994&sugexp=chrome,mod=12&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8)

BTW. there also is the thread I meant (https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&ved=0CIkBEBYwCQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgamrconnect.vgchartz.com%2Fthread.php%3Fid%3D150416&ei=P9_dUPqyKYqMswa2g4CADQ&usg=AFQjCNHY7lb3mdAgBJq14ql8aECPaiZczg&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.Yms)

I just can't ignore them, especially when I can get a PS3 slim with much more internal storage for not that much more money.

LOL. I'm sure you can do a google search and find hundreds if not thousands of stories about someone getting a faulty console. For Wii, 360, DS, PSP..etc. If you only looked at the 1-star reviews and payed attention to the bad stories, then you would never get a new product.

If you get scared by the reports of faulty consoles, then go get the original Slim. I'm sure there's still some out there.(I'm sure there are bad reviews for this one as well though)

VGKing said:
walsufnir said:

I DON"T HAVE TO PROVE IT. THE TRUTH IS THAT THERE ARE NO WIDESPREAD PROBLEMS WITH THE SUPER SLIM PS3.

ANY REPORTS OF PROBLEMS WITH IT ARE ISOLATED INCIDENTS.

About those reviews most are just disappointed with the bad build quality, which should have been expected for such a cheap system. Look at this quote " Otherwise, it's just a normal PS3 without a performance advantage, without better hardware and without any improvement. :

DUH! Do these people even do their research before buying their products?

So when would it be a widespread-problem for you? Just want to know... and no, i do not think it's a widespread-problem.

And now you are even complaining that not every of the 71 MILLION buyers do not a full research of the ps3 before they buy it? Really?

VGKing said:
KHlover said:

LOL. I'm sure you can do a google search and find hundreds if not thousands of stories about someone getting a faulty console. For Wii, 360, DS, PSP..etc. If you only looked at the 1-star reviews and payed attention to the bad stories, then you would never get a new product.

If you get scared by the reports of faulty consoles, then go get the original Slim. I'm sure there's still some out there.(I'm sure there are bad reviews for this one as well though)

Isn't that what I wrote in my last post? No way I'd buy a super slim if I can get a slim instead^^

VGKing said:
KHlover said:

It is a different story to judge a system because you like the other system (read: fanboyism) or if you judge a system by its problems. Btw, there are also complaints in reviews with more stars, just to add... And yes, if you always pay attention to bad stories, the x360 would've been a disaster which it wasn't :)

walsufnir said:

So when would it be a widespread-problem for you? Just want to know... and no, i do not think it's a widespread-problem.

And now you are even complaining that not every of the 71 MILLION buyers do not a full research of the ps3 before they buy it? Really?

For me? LMFAO. This isn't my opinion, its fact.

For it to be a widespread problem, Sony would have to eithe recall these Super Slims or offer some sort of extended warranty. They've done neither which means the failure rates are withing industry standard.

Like I told a user before, you can find reports of faulty consoles for anything. It's your choice if you want to pay attention to a few dozen 1-star reviews over the thousands of 5-star reviews which state they are happy with their purchase.