By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PlayStation 3 Bundles for Europe unveiled

Really good bundles, should do quite well i imagine

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
Chandler said:
Sorry but those bundles are awful. You can get the games for 20€ or less each so you are left with a 200€ PS3 12GB super slim which is the MSRP.

You can find discounted games below the MSRP? It must be impossible for a store to lower the price below MSRP on hardware then.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Chandler said:
Sorry but those bundles are awful. You can get the games for 20€ or less each so you are left with a 200€ PS3 12GB super slim which is the MSRP.

You can find discounted games below the MSRP? It must be impossible for a store to lower the price below MSRP on hardware then.

no, he was talking about the msrp price of the games which is 19.99€

msrp

platinum games - 29.99

essentials - 19.99

the question is why people wait for such a bundle then if it's the same msrp as if they buy it now without bundle...and there will be some who will wait for that and think it's a special price or something.

pezus said:
Shinobi-san said:

wow Congratz JayWood2010! You have completely derailed the thread. I mean seriously what has anything you had to say had anything to do with the OP or what anyone else said in this thread?

And im not sure where you get that generalisation from but im pretty sure that argument is only thrown at Forza (Forza 3 to be more specific). It is Microsofts most bundled game by far. I've actually never seen a sony fanboy use the argument you are putting forward for all high selling 360 games. If anyone says Gears has sold mostly because of bundles then they are idiots, clearly. Same applies to Halo titles. But Forza and to a much lesser extent Fable, these games can definitely account  a large amount of sales to bundles.

Personally i don't know of a single game that i can point out where Sony has bundled it as much as Forza 3 in an official long lasting bundle. Sony chops and changes its official bundles almost yearly. Using games such as U1, U2, U3, LBP1, LBP 2, Infamous 1, Infamous 2, Motorstorm games, Heavy Rain, God of War 3. But MS has almost always had a Forza bundle. This is why the argument is used against Forza sales and its understandable, however all MS and Nintendo high selling games? Wtf. Seriously you are making up your theories about "Sony Fans".

OT: Those bundles are nothing special! :/

It's just his way of being unbiased ;o

100% correct.  At least I'm honest about what I say instead of trying to hide how I feel about something.  If I like something i'll say it and if i don't I'll say it.

And yes LBP2 is much better than the original so I'd be shocked if they try bundleing it instead of the second game.  One of the best new platformers this generation imo

crissindahouse said:
outlawauron said:
Chandler said:

no, he was talking about the msrp price of the games which is 19.99€

msrp

platinum games - 29.99

essentials - 19.99

the question is why people wait for such a bundle then if it's the same msrp as if they buy it now without bundle...and there will be some who will wait for that and think it's a special price or something.

The MSRP part was actually reffering to the console, whch goes for 199 @ amazon. But anybody can find better deals than this. Ratchet Q-Force for example is 14,99 on PSN, so you don't even have to look that hard for a better deal. Bottom line is those bundles do not really save you any money if you are a remotely savvy consumer.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

No GT5 again Sony? Damit.

Chandler said:

The MSRP part was actually reffering to the console, whch goes for 199 @ amazon. But anybody can find better deals than this. Ratchet Q-Force for example is 14,99 on PSN, so you don't even have to look that hard for a better deal. Bottom line is those bundles do not really save you any money if you are a remotely savvy consumer.

yeah ok you only posted the msrp of the console but the games msrp is still only 20€ which means you don't even have to find something below msrp to match the bundle price now.

CGI-Quality said:
JayWood2010 said:
pezus said:

It's just his way of being unbiased ;o

100% correct.  At least I'm honest about what I say instead of trying to hide how I feel about something.  If I like something i'll say it and if i don't I'll say it.

I understand where you're coming from, it just wasn't necessary here. This is why the bickering continues. And often times, you are the first one to disaprove when these things start. Lead by example and don't find a way to become the very thing you don't approve of. And no, I don't care to argue it with you, you just didn't have to go about it the way you did in here. 

OT: Some pretty old games in those bundles, but I imagine, since they're temporary, that they will accomplish whatever it is Sony is trying to do, which looks to be curbing the EU market.

I'll agree with you but what I said was true at the same time.  I tend to be controversal and I'm very aware of that

ethomaz said:
No GT5 again Sony? Damit.

What do you mean with again? GT5 is already bundled in Germany.

And before this one, we had this bundle:

Before that, we had this bundle:

GT5 is one of the most bundled games of all time here (Except the standard ones like WiiSports, WiiSports Resort or Kinect Adventures)

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Great games definitely!