By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 4 Wins Best Graphics at VGAs and Milion Other WebSites including Here!

Argh_College said:
SaberSaurus said:
Argh_College said:
SaberSaurus said:
Argh_College said:

Halo 4 best looking Console game ever, who played it already knows this, critics are just saying what we already knew.

http://www.gamrreview.com/article/89598/best-graphics-technology-of-2012/

343 will destroy everything next gen.

Not the best looking console game imo, but congrats, not like there was much competition in the graphics department this year tbh.

Nice Try.

Halo 4 best graphics on any consoles.

You obviously don't have a PS3 or are just biased, nice opinion though.

i have a ps3 and nothing comes close to Halo 4. Ps3 fanboys opinions doesnt matter since they dont know anything.

Halo 4 is the best graphics on any Console. Period.

You guys tell nice stories though. keep them coming (:

Oh and my Ps3 is getting dust since nothing came out this year, 2013 looks great though.

Sure you do Never the less the second part of that sentence can get you a ban I wont report you, mainly because I pitty you

OT: Congrats Halo 4, 343i did a great job, and now they are reapeing the rewards Halo 5 should look amazing on the 720, and if they will refine the gameplay even further, MS will have a winner on their hand.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
Aldro said:
Hmm Ethomaz:

"Thereafter, in 1996, AIAS was re-established is a non-profit organization that promotes computer and video game entertainment with the annual D.I.C.E. Summit event, where its Interactive Achievement Awards ceremony has been held annually since 1998. Its membership consists of industry professionals, and only professional members who meet a set of minimum criteria are able to vote for the best entertainment software of the year."

"Established in 2002 by the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences, the conference is host to the annual Entertainment Software Association's Interactive Achievement Awards"

I r confused xD. Dice / AIAS, whatever :P

I understood now... AIAS is the organization and DICE is the ceremony.

ethomaz said:
Aldro said:
Hmm Ethomaz:

"Thereafter, in 1996, AIAS was re-established is a non-profit organization that promotes computer and video game entertainment with the annual D.I.C.E. Summit event, where its Interactive Achievement Awards ceremony has been held annually since 1998. Its membership consists of industry professionals, and only professional members who meet a set of minimum criteria are able to vote for the best entertainment software of the year."

"Established in 2002 by the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences, the conference is host to the annual Entertainment Software Association's Interactive Achievement Awards"

I r confused xD. Dice / AIAS, whatever :P

I understood now... AIAS is the organization and DICE is the ceremony.

Ah makes sense.

And dude holy shit you got ZaneWane to change his signature. WELL DONE !!!

ethomaz said:
ZaneWane said:
ethomaz said:
Anybody have the list with the best graphics in 2012??? I think Halo is not even the most popular choice in the awards.

halo winning best graphic at video game award front thousand of people not good enough for you

Is one award enough for you? If I think about it's not one GOTY award that make a game the overall GOTY... it need to win the most awards in the category.

So how many best graphics awards Halo 4 won? I remember in the previous year the best graphics game won almost every award... this year the overall seems to be Far Cry 3 (it is just not listed in VGC because the game was released late for the show).

Not true.

UC3 won 43% of all GFX awards.

UC 2 won 80% its year.

MGS4 won 57% of its year.

So far Halo 4 has 11 awards, Far cry 3 9.

ethomaz said:

Thanks @Aldro.

Far Cry 3: 12
Halo 4: 9
Journey: 8
Max Payne 3: 3
Hitman: Absolution: 2
Assassin's Creed: 1

So far Far Cry 3 is the overall 2012 Best Graphics... the second place is between Halo 4 and Journey.

First of all his list is missing huge publications like GameInformer which gave Halo 4 best graphics

Secondly Im playing Far Cry 3 as we speak and Ive said anyone who thinks it looks better on console than Halo 4 is high.  It isnt true HD, has screen tearing some of the worst Ive ever seen, tons of pop in, and frame rate drops.  Halo 4 has none of those issues and still looks better. I

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
ethomaz said:

Thanks @Aldro.

So far Far Cry 3 is the overall 2012 Best Graphics... the second place is between Halo 4 and Journey.

First of all his list is missing huge publications like GameInformer which gave Halo 4 best graphics

Secondly Im playing Far Cry 3 as we speak and Ive said anyone who thinks it looks better on console than Halo 4 is high.  It isnt true HD, has screen tearing some of the worst Ive ever seen, tons of pop in, and frame rate drops.  Halo 4 has none of those issues and still looks better. I

These awards are opinions not technical fact. Technically on consoles Halo 4 kills far cry 3. I to was pretty orrified playing far cry 3 after halo 4 on the same console.

smroadkill15 said:
Geez, some of you guys need to take it easy. Let MS have this one damn win in graphics, is that so much to ask?

Never mind.

selnor said:
BenVTrigger said:
ethomaz said:

Thanks @Aldro.

These awards are opinions not technical fact. Technically on consoles Halo 4 kills far cry 3. I to was pretty orrified playing far cry 3 after halo 4 on the same console.

Its still a pretty game some of the outdoor environment is beautiful

But i really dont see how anyone could find it better looking than Halo 4.  Its far inferior, and the screen tearing is unreal.  Technically the games arent even close, hell Far Cry 3 on 360 isnt even anywhere near games like Battlefield 3 or Crysis 2

ethomaz said:

So all the Crysis 2 quotes in your signature is bullshit.

You are fantastic lol.

Pure gold. Brilliant.

On another note - Halo 4 is quite easily the best looking game Ive played all Year. Interesting to see if it will beat Far Cry 3.

Wait a minute, I'm confused here. People actually take the VGA's seriously?

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com