By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 4 Wins Best Graphics at VGAs and Milion Other WebSites including Here!

selnor said:
ethomaz said:

selnor said:

Not true.

UC3 won 43% of all GFX awards.

UC 2 won 80% its year.

MGS4 won 57% of its year.

So far Halo 4 has 11 awards, Far cry 3 9.

Using the sites posted by @Aldro... Far Cry 3 is winning by 12 to 9 over Halo 4... I need to do a better compilation but I thing the Far Cry 3 have the change to hold the top spot.

Actually I make it Halo 4 21 and Far Cry 3 14 now. 

His list is missing loads. Like Game Informer, VGChartz for example. All who voted Halo 4.

Take the liberty of posting the sites atleast.

Rather easy to go "ACTUALLY MINE IS FAR CRY 3 500 AND HALO 4 33"

Take note that that website takes sites which are not focused on one platform only as well as has a bunch of followers aka not blogs or anything. It must own a domain for one.

Around the Network
Aldro said:
ethomaz said:

selnor said:

Not true.

UC 2 won 80% its year.

Using the sites posted by @Aldro... Far Cry 3 is winning by 12 to 9 over Halo 4... I need to do a better compilation but I thing the Far Cry 3 have the change to hold the top spot.

Yeah no idea what the hell he's trying to do to redeem whatever he can xD. Fact remains that on GOTY Blog, a site that acts like a collection of sooo many sites has MGS4, UC2, GoW3 and UC3 the winners for each year. Halo 4 is struggling now against Far Cry 3 which shows just how the critics dont entirely agree as of now.

What I find funny is that Far Cry 3 is like way bigger than Halo 4 which is in its way its more technical impressive -> Something Sel and many others constantly bring up. I argue that size is not the factor and that generally a game is less "Pretty" when more open, hence why Uncharted and God of War are so praised visually due to their linear nature. They mention technicality as if Halo 4 has the best when games such as RDR, Skyrim and Far Cry 3 which may or may not be better looking are still far more superior in terms of sheer size of the worlds. Rather funny how that comes around to bite them in the ass. Had Halo 4 not been a bit more "open" and been more like Uncharted/GoW, maybe it'd be different. But it remains that it just doesnt reach the same level of fidelity as those games in which Far Cry 3 seems to impress more or atleast as much seeming as they are both very close this year.

Your list is missing loads. It just happens to be loads of Halo 4 winning publications.

Its also hilarious that now the show is on the other foot, Sony fans are trying to use the open world game this open world game that. 

Ive never used open world game arguement against any UC3 graphics thread etc. Ive used games like Halo which are NOT open world, yet have far more enemies onscreen and much bigger levels to fight in than UC3. Thats entirely different than what you claim.

Its funny ow you take my statements over the years and twist them to mean Skyrim or Far Cry 3 when I never meant them. I have always referred to Sony exclusives having some of the smallest lkevel design ever. They have. Dont need to use Skyrim or Far Cry 3 for that. Halo 3 can be used for that.

Aldro said:
selnor said:
ethomaz said:

selnor said:

Not true.

UC 2 won 80% its year.

His list is missing loads. Like Game Informer, VGChartz for example. All who voted Halo 4.

Take note that that website takes sites which are not focused on one platform only as well as has a bunch of followers aka not blogs or anything. It must own a domain for one.

GameInformer is the most read gaming publication on the planet and one of the 5 most subscribed to magazines in general in the US.

selnor said:
Aldro said:
ethomaz said:

selnor said:

Not true.

UC 2 won 80% its year.

Yeah no idea what the hell he's trying to do to redeem whatever he can xD. Fact remains that on GOTY Blog, a site that acts like a collection of sooo many sites has MGS4, UC2, GoW3 and UC3 the winners for each year. Halo 4 is struggling now against Far Cry 3 which shows just how the critics dont entirely agree as of now.

What I find funny is that Far Cry 3 is like way bigger than Halo 4 which is in its way its more technical impressive -> Something Sel and many others constantly bring up. I argue that size is not the factor and that generally a game is less "Pretty" when more open, hence why Uncharted and God of War are so praised visually due to their linear nature. They mention technicality as if Halo 4 has the best when games such as RDR, Skyrim and Far Cry 3 which may or may not be better looking are still far more superior in terms of sheer size of the worlds. Rather funny how that comes around to bite them in the ass. Had Halo 4 not been a bit more "open" and been more like Uncharted/GoW, maybe it'd be different. But it remains that it just doesnt reach the same level of fidelity as those games in which Far Cry 3 seems to impress more or atleast as much seeming as they are both very close this year.

Your list is missing loads. It just happens to be loads of Halo 4 winning publications.

Its also hilarious that now the show is on the other foot, Sony fans are trying to use the open world game this open world game that. 

Ive never used open world game arguement against any UC3 graphics thread etc. Ive used games like Halo which are NOT open world, yet have far more enemies onscreen and much bigger levels to fight in than UC3. Thats entirely different than what you claim.

Its funny ow you take my statements over the years and twist them to mean Skyrim or Far Cry 3 when I never meant them. I have always referred to Sony exclusives having some of the smallest lkevel design ever. They have. Dont need to use Skyrim or Far Cry 3 for that. Halo 3 can be used for that.

Its not MY list LOL, its a list from a website that compiles a lot. If you truly have legitimate sources for these "many publications", then fucking post them so I can bring it to that guys attention. HE WILL ADD THEM.

But the fact that you are avoiding to post those "20+ awards" really shows how you pull numbers out of your ass.

BenVTrigger said:
Aldro said:
selnor said:
ethomaz said:

selnor said:

Not true.

UC 2 won 80% its year.

GameInformer is the most read gaming publication on the planet and one of the 5 most subscribed to magazines in general in the US.

..? Okay? Did I ever question that? Do they have a website with that award because the GOTY Blog site takes sources into high consideration. If what you say is true and there is a way to see it without having to buy / get a magazine -> It will be added.

Its not like I make the lists lmao. In the end, I want the recognition to be worldwide and at as many publications as possible. Thats the ultimate tribute to my favourite dev and game. That is why I care about who "gets the most". Far Cry 3 is getting a lot and overshadows Halo 4 at almost as much if not more sites. That is all I am saying. A situation that did not occur for any winner from 08-11.

Around the Network
Aldro said:
BenVTrigger said:
Aldro said:
selnor said:
ethomaz said:

selnor said:

Not true.

UC 2 won 80% its year.

..? Okay? Did I ever question that? Do they have a website with that award because the GOTY Blog site takes sources into high consideration. If what you say is true and there is a way to see it without having to buy / get a magazine -> It will be added.

Its not like I make the lists lmao. In the end, I want the recognition to be worldwide and at as many publications as possible. Thats the ultimate tribute to my favourite dev and game. That is why I care about who "gets the most". Far Cry 3 is getting a lot and overshadows Halo 4 at almost as much if not more sites. That is all I am saying. A situation that did not occur for any winner from 08-11.

no need get angry

ZaneWane said:
Aldro said:
BenVTrigger said:
Aldro said:
selnor said:
ethomaz said:

selnor said:

Not true.

UC 2 won 80% its year.

no need get angry

Finally Zane, I cant belive you changed your sig. I know it mustve been hard.

Aldro said:
ZaneWane said:
Aldro said:
BenVTrigger said:
Aldro said:
selnor said:
ethomaz said:

selnor said:

Not true.

UC 2 won 80% its year.

no need get angry

when you gonna change your sig

ZaneWane said:
Aldro said:
ZaneWane said:
Aldro said:
BenVTrigger said:
Aldro said:
selnor said:
ethomaz said:

selnor said:

Not true.

UC 2 won 80% its year.

no need get angry

when you gonna change your sig

Probably when TLOU & Ascension drops although I am not sure. You see, if you actually read it, you'd see that my relation to Uncharted 3 is beyond that of visuals only. I actually genuinely love the game and that's the first thing I convey :). So yeah, change -> sure, remove -> probably never.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
joesampson said:

It's not Sony drones. I'm a huge Halo fan but Uncharted and/or Killzone 3 still looks better unless you're talking about the CGi cutscenes. 

The CGI in Halo 4 is untouchable for now. Sony could invest to try and beat it, but I doubt they will. They will take it into next gen.

Any of the cutscenes in Halo 4 are CGI, all are in-engine. Although the Prologue and Epilogue weren't made by 343 industries, don't remember which studio did them, but I just remember that those 2 cutscenes weren't done by 343.

Why are people comparing Far Cry 3 on PC with Halo 4? Had you played the game in 360? Because it doesn't look as good as the PC version, or even Halo 4...

And Journey, is more about its art syle... and is more easy to give more resource to the graphics in Journey than in Halo 4...