By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 4 Wins Best Graphics at VGAs and Milion Other WebSites including Here!

ghettoglamour said:
Does Halo 4 really look better than Uncharted 3? I haven't played Halo so...

Please don't bother answering if you haven't played both, I want some unbiased opinions.

Still, it's impossible that Halo 4 looks better than some PC games this year.

I am not an big fan of Halo 4, gave it myself an 84/100 in the Halo 4 thread but I find it hard to believe that someone who call himself neutral and not a fanboy will say something as 'Halo 4 does not look better than Uncharted 3' And only talking about graphics ofcourse. 

Whole this generation we have to hear PS3 amazing power of the cell ' The graphics will amazing' and amazing beautifull games like FFXIII can only be done on PS3 and for hell not on X360...      After all this time people still find it hard to believe that the PS3 isn't that much more powerfull than the X360. That MS proves it this year with Halo 4 makes a lot of people angry.

Around the Network

Halo 4 is the best looking console game and all the ps3 Fanboys start crying, mimimi but the cell has alien technology not possible that xbox games look better than ps3 games mimimim.............
So funny with the ps3 fanboys

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

ghettoglamour said:
Does Halo 4 really look better than Uncharted 3? I haven't played Halo so...

Please don't bother answering if you haven't played both, I want some unbiased opinions.

On a technical level, Halo 4 doesn't achieve more than most AAA PC games that came out in recent history. That being said, it is still outstanding in that regard. 

Where it shines though is how the tech marvel that 343i achieved, with the 360's 7 years hardware limitations, couples with an art direction that outmatches most if not every games released this year.

Many PC games have outstanding tech while being rather bland design wise. Halo 4 mixed everything so well (technical feats for a 7 years old piece of hardware and a stellar art direction) that nobody in their right mind can question its graphical beauty. Unless, of course, you're an unreasonable stubborn elitist or a blind fanboy. =P

ghettoglamour said:

Yes, it seems that when they give these awards they conviniently overlook PCs - in words of Marcus Beer on the matter of VGA giving it to Halo 4, the Annoyed Gamer from GT (though GT gave it to Halo) - "anybody who voted for Halo 4 to have best graphics of 2012, you are either blind or smoking too much - and I'm not talking about tobacco". Can't say I completely agree with Marcus though.

GT for example doesn't have 2 categories (they explain it in intro) - that's why i like when there is 2 separate categories - technical and art direction. When it comes to tech prize, this is where Marcus is right - giving it to console game is simply ridicilous when compared to FarCry 3 on PC. On the other hand if you look at art direction, there are so much better looking games than FarCry3 in 2012 (my pick would be Journey).

But I guess, overall, if there is only one prize they have to take into account both tech and art - so I can see why Halo got so many awards (again, for me, Joruney is something that I'll be remembering in 5 or 6 years, neither Halo or FarCry3 won't age well in my opinion).

Ok, so which game would take the crown on PS3 this year. I've played almost every AAA-title this years and cannot find any single game which achives the technical level of Uncharted 3, Crysis 2 or God of War 3. The only two games from this year that come to my mind which I could say are above the standard are Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Need for Speed Most Wanted. Far Cry 3 is also remarkable being as big as it is, but it still can't compete with more linear games from past years.

What would be your choice only on PS3?

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network
ghettoglamour said:
Ok, so which game would take the crown on PS3 this year. I've played almost every AAA-title this years and cannot find any single game which achives the technical level of Uncharted 3, Crysis 2 or God of War 3. The only two games from this year that come to my mind which I could say are above the standard are Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Need for Speed Most Wanted. Far Cry 3 is also remarkable being as big as it is, but it still can't compete with more linear games from past years.

Journey.  Thought that was obvious.

Regarding the art-design, no doubt. But on the technical level, I don't think so...

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ghettoglamour said:

Well, I guess my choice would be obvious from previous reply - Journey, not just PS3, but overall - though I agree that 343 did amazing job of squeezing that tech for Halo 4 out of 7 year old console and in addition have great art, Journey is something that resonates with me better - and I think that technicaly, if they could crank it up to full 1080p with some advanced AA, that tech could pass easily as animated feature.

ghettoglamour said:

Regarding the art-design, no doubt. But on the technical level, I don't think so...

Had Sony not pumped out as many technically impressive titles as

08s MGS4,
09s UC2 & KZ2,
10s GoW3 & HR,
11s UC2 & KZ3 ,

maybe there'd be a game that was technically impressive.

Just imagine if Ascension was released 3-4 months earlier. Not to mention The last of us and Beyond.

With no competition from Sony, MS and 343 were able to put a game up without any competition.

Yet Far Cry 3 is still giving that game a run for its money as of now.

What is a bit funny is that a lot of 360 owners seem to ignore Gears of War as a contender. Yeah sure it didnt win against MGS4 or UC3 but it was still a great looking game.

In general this year was lacking for Sony. That's what happens when you have an impressive lineup like the one in 11 as well as the one coming in 12. I still love how from 2008, Sony has had atleast one title in the top 5 GOTY by the critics and despite a poor year, Journey managed to secure that spot. I'm getting a bit off topic now though, pardon me.

Aldro said:
ghettoglamour said:

Had Sony not pumped out as many technically impressive titles as

08s MGS4,
09s UC2 & KZ2,
10s GoW3 & HR,
11s UC2 & KZ3 ,

maybe there'd be a game that was technically impressive.

Just imagine if Ascension was released 3-4 months earlier. Not to mention The last of us and Beyond.

With no competition from Sony, MS and 343 were able to put a game up without any competition.

Yet Far Cry 3 is still giving that game a run for its money as of now.

What is a bit funny is that a lot of 360 owners seem to ignore Gears of War as a contender. Yeah sure it didnt win against MGS4 or UC3 but it was still a great looking game.

In general this year was lacking for Sony. That's what happens when you have an impressive lineup like the one in 11 as well as the one coming in 12. I still love how from 2008, Sony has had atleast one title in the top 5 GOTY by the critics and despite a poor year, Journey managed to secure that spot. I'm getting a bit off topic now though, pardon me.

Please at the end of 2011 we had so many threads about how amazing good looking games will release in 2012 for PS3.  From 'The amount of big exclusives blowns X360 exclusives away' a year ago  to  'Well the PS3 atleast had Journey' in 2012...