By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wasn't Vita suppose to outsell Wii this holiday?

Reading through that thread it also seems more thought the WIi would outsell the Vita, some even thought the DS would outsell the Vita due to upcoming deals they were able to point out, so what is the point of this thread really?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
pokoko said:
Yet another classless thread for Nintendo fans to gloat over the Vita? Honestly? Why not just keep it to one of the dozens of threads that exist for that already? Or even the original thread?

Locked:  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=148425&page=2

Maybe this thread will share the same fate.  Seriously, these new threads that exist just for people to flame the Vita are getting old and so are all the "LOL some people said X would outsell Y BUT THEY WERE WRONG LOLOL" gloating threads.  Sales comparisons can be done in a objective way, that's fine, but obviously that wasn't the case with this thread and many more like it.

pokoko said:
d21lewis said:
pokoko said:
Yet another classless thread for Nintendo fans to gloat over the Vita? Honestly? Why not just keep it to one of the dozens of threads that exist for that already? Or even the original thread?

Locked:  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=148425&page=2

Maybe this thread will share the same fate.  Seriously, these new threads that exist just for people to flame the Vita are getting old and so are all the "LOL some people said X would outsell Y BUT THEY WERE WRONG LOLOL" gloating threads.  Sales comparisons can be done in a objective way, that's fine, but obviously that wasn't the case with this thread and many more like it.

It is an endless cycle that happens with gamers. It is quite saddening really.

If WiiU sells less than Vita in EU next week we will see a thread for that. If and when WiiU does not outsell Vita lfietime sales by the end of 2012 we will see a response thread to the one I posted above.

People here have issue just enjoying games and instead like to take sales numbers and use them as some sort of ammo against other gamers. We even have times where one person will make some incredibly outlandish prediction and when it no doubt falls short we get threads about how "X fanbase predicted X sales for X game and/or console". This is like when DMeister said "LBP will be HUGE" or when GearBox said "LBP will sell 10M copies". Even now you still sometimes see people bring that up as if a bunch of people predicted 10M.

It's why I avoid almost all sales threads and hang out with the guys in the Vita thread. Yeah, we know it ain't selling great, but you know what? It is getting games announced for it all the time, so if that happens, who cares about the sales?

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:

A thread that was claiming that the WiiU 2012 holiday sales would outsell the Vita's lifetime sales.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=147094

Lol, I forgot about that guy.  He appears to have burned out pretty quick.  Sign up, make some silly predictions then leave =/

Massively reduced in price, cheap hardware with a vast library of games that appeal to the casual gift-buying Christmas market outsells expensive hardware that has poor games.

Who'd have thought that?

The Vita isnt dead. It needs a pricecut with a steady flow of games. Just like the Wii isnt dead. DS isnt dead. PS2 isnt dead. If its still selling, its not dead.

Anyway - Yes. The PSV was supposes to outsell the Wii, just like the Wii was supposed to pass 160 Million, outsell the PS Family and have 90%+ marketshare.

Sometimes predictions can be wrong.

Around the Network

With how systems sell at Christmas, the following is how I would average rate weekly sales in the holiday season:

above 600,000: Great
450,000 to 600,000: Good
300,000 to 450,000: Mediocre
150,000 to 300,000: Bad
Below 150,000: Awful

Now, you should always consider a systems performance based on its own problems and often they can justify the systems performance; after all the PSP, Nintendo DS and Wii are all systems that have a successor on the market, and the Wii U just launched and it will take time to develop the demand and be able to produce the supply necessary to sell really well over the holiday season.

We can explain the performance of the PS-Vita based on a variety of factors but it selling worse than the Nintendo DS should be troubling to Sony and fans of the platform; a system that was replaced almost 2 years ago and is arguably "2 generations behind" in technical capabilities is selling just as well as their fancy new console that (everyone keeps saying) has the best game library for handheld gaming systems.

pezus said:
Kynes said:
pezus said:

Just like Wii U was supposed to outsell PS3 this holiday. Heck, I was almost thinking that myself. But people are wrong sometimes and many were wrong about Vita outselling Wii this holiday. 

Almost no one said that. You are a shill, you can't stop doing your community manager work even when it's a blatant lie what you say, right?

Eh, you clearly have some beef with me, but now that I backed it up (with posts from a single thread), what do you have to say?

Who was the first person to label you as community manager? Just curious. because another came into the Vita thread and told us all that we are disliked and that we are a cult around here.

We have some real angry people here it seems.

Currently playing:

HappySqurriel said:
With how systems sell at Christmas, the following is how I would average rate weekly sales in the holiday season:

Now, you should always consider a systems performance based on its own problems and often they can justify the systems performance; after all the PSP, Nintendo DS and Wii are all systems that have a successor on the market, and the Wii U just launched and it will take time to develop the demand and be able to produce the supply necessary to sell really well over the holiday season.

We can explain the performance of the PS-Vita based on a variety of factors but it selling worse than the Nintendo DS should be troubling to Sony and fans of the platform; a system that was replaced almost 2 years ago and is arguably "2 generations behind" in technical capabilities is selling just as well as their fancy new console that (everyone keeps saying) has the best game library for handheld gaming systems.

Vita = $250 entry price

DS = $99 entry price

It isn't that hard to imagine why it is selling, especially more so since the region that is causing it to outsell the Vita is the US. Everyone knows the Vita is too expensive, just like how the 3DS was too expensive at $250.

Also who claimed the Vita has the best games library? I am sure that many aknowledge that that title goes to the DS.

Currently playing:

pezus said:
Euphoria14 said:
pezus said:
Kynes said:
pezus said:

Just like Wii U was supposed to outsell PS3 this holiday. Heck, I was almost thinking that myself. But people are wrong sometimes and many were wrong about Vita outselling Wii this holiday. 

Almost no one said that. You are a shill, you can't stop doing your community manager work even when it's a blatant lie what you say, right?

Eh, you clearly have some beef with me, but now that I backed it up (with posts from a single thread), what do you have to say?

Who was the first person to label you as community manager? Just curious. because another came into the Vita thread and told us all that we are disliked and that we are a cult around here.

We have some real angry people here it seems.

I don't know, but Kynes has said something similar before. It's ridiculous if he doesn't get warned for this, because calling me a "shill" and a "community manager" is just as much of an insult as calling someone a fanboy, especially because I wasn't even lying. Some people are so forgetful that it's amazing.

Eh, don't worry about it, regardless of what happens.

In the end you were right and he resorted to insults. You look like the better person here and nothing changes that.

Currently playing:

HappySqurriel said:

So, 3DS should be considered "Godlike" then? :P